What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

BET's President explains why she doesn't offer more positive programming.

Replies

• nex ginnex gin Keep It Simple Stupid Posts: 10,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<INSERT BOONDOCKS BET EPISODE>>

BET been garbage for a loooooooooong time. Matter fact.....tv period has been garbage for a looooooooooooong time. Everything is scripted reality show bullshit, news disinformation, corny sitcoms & re-runs that I might have to slit my wrist if I see 1 mo damn time. There is rarely anything of interest on any channel imo. Plus the internet has changed shit so much. Why watch a music video channel when I can just listen to/watch exactly what I want online. Why sit around waiting for a specific type/genre of show when I can just go online and find what's on tv plus more. Only tv shows I actually watched were Breaking Bad & Walking Dead....both of which I can catch on demand or online at my leisure. There's always TV-One and Centric if you want an alternative to BET......but that's not saying much. If it wasn't for my son, I would have dumped Comcast a long time ago.
    The person who controls your anger controls you.

The conventional mind is passive. It consumes information and
    regurgitates it in familiar forms. The dimensional mind is active
    transforming everything it digests into something new & original,
    creating instead of consuming.

Excuses don't solve problems.

Life is a series of serious choices
    Theories are formed from experience, never mysterious forces
    Wild Self
  • bubbaclotbubbaclot Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uncut was terrible but yeah i watched from time to time..

Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirls

I agree.

This the first thing I think about when I think about Uncut.

Black Entertainment
    deadeyeCP203
  • UPTOWNUPTOWN Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    bubbaclot wrote: »
    Uncut was terrible but yeah i watched from time to time..

Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirls

I agree.

This the first thing I think about when I think about Uncut.

Black Entertainment

damn shame
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Niggas fear what they don't understand, hate what they can't conquer.....
    I Guess it's just the theory of man
    vince_vincepurpngold
  • MazterChefMazterChef Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kai_valya wrote: »
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    Besides sports and few favorite shows...TV is ass

network/basic cable tv yeah. there are more good shows than you can watch on tv tho, mainly the premium channels

and with the internet now, people don't have to watch bullshit if they don't want to
    MazterChef wrote: »
    what show did tj holmes have? i haven't seen a single commercial for it

so they've done no publicity for the show and then wonder why no one watches it? gtfoh

i used to watch the news they used to have on BET, but of course they got rid of that, as well as their decent music shows. but now they wanna act like the reason they have nothing but bullshit on there is because of the viewers? BET can go eat a dick
    they advertise it all the time during 106 and park and during there other shows

seriously? how am i gonna see that commercial if i'm never watching 106th and park? i haven't watched that show since free and aj were on

if no one is watching your channel, maybe advertise on some other channels in order to perhaps attract more viewers.
    yea they do it during their other shows too like real husbands which got big ratings and the game and other sitcoms , they were probably banking on the real husbands and the game audience to watch the show, the show had potential but people are hypocrites too people rather watch drama than good conversation

MazterChef = In running for Poster of the Year.
  • deadeyedeadeye Walmart Warrior Kat's buttPosts: 22,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    twinzmom wrote: »
    Bring back Midnight Love Rap City (The Basement) and I might watch

deadeye
    So, you're mad because I quoted a post.....that included a scantily clad pic of you......that you sent to another man.....while both of you are supposed to be in committed relationships with other people?

Hilarious.
    June 12 Delete

MsSouthern
    just messy ...smh
    June 12

deadeye
    You can call me messy, but you can't say I was lying about anything I said.
    June 12 Delete

MzGrahamBitches
    gtfoff my page and mind your fucking business old man.

Oh wait, you have no business which is why you stalk various females on the internet tryibg to interject yourself into their business.

Fuck off.
    June 12

deadeye
    Most of your business is public knowledge Kathryn.

You should learn to exercise more discretion.

You're too old to continuously find yourself in compromising situations.

I'm extremely disappointed in your behavior and expect much better of you in the future.

With compassion, concern, sincerity, and due diligence.
    June 12 Delete

MzGrahamBitches
    I hope you die of old age tonight.
    June 12

deadeye
    That's a horrible thing to say.

I'm sorry you feel that way Kathryn.

However, I've never heard of anyone dying of old age at 43.

My words must've really hit home for you to want me to die tonight.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Instead of wishing me death, your time would be better served reflecting on your past transgressions and thinking about what steps you can take to improve yourself.
    June 12 Delete

Dirty Sanchez
    kat caught feelings
    June 12

deadeye
    Indeed she did.

Definitely not your usual white woman.
    June 12 Delete

MzGrahamBitches
    Titanagraphs but I caught feelings..ok.

Type me another one pops.
    June 12

deadeye
    You wished death upon me Kathryn.

Solely because I quoted a post which featured you in a bathrobe with your privates partially exposed.

A pic that would have never been publicly accessible had it not been for your carelessness and bad judgement.

Essentially, you want me to die for your mistakes.

Smarten up Kathryn.

If anyone caught feelings it's you.

This is just entertainment for me.
    June 12 Delete

0idvkbvn43de.jpg

@deadeye nah mate, fuck off, I literally hate seeing your name in my notifications because I know it's your FUCKING LIST. I'm tired of being @'d to some thread because of your shitty list, makes me just want to punch you in your fat fucking face.

You're a digrace to creepset and 'mature' black men the world over.

Fuck your entire existence.

You are a plain idiot. Since you cannot give birth nor have a proper sense of enduring and suffering you cannot understand my post.

@Westie has put her life on the line several times to give life. I wish I had an ounce of that courage, endurance and resiliance.

Peace
  • UPTOWNUPTOWN Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    ppl who are arguing that b.e.t. actually wants to show quality programming are either trolling or are fools.

i honestly believe that b.e.t. not only shows b.s. on purpose but they also allow the avg person to believe that blacks actually own the network, in an attempt to make blacks who dont know other wise think that successful and intelligent blacks except this behavior as normal.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Niggas fear what they don't understand, hate what they can't conquer.....
    I Guess it's just the theory of man
    SneakDZAdamobb2deepmiamivice305
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic It's not too complicated, but you're gonna need a bulletproof soul The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 20,165 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niggas really hating on Cita though?
    Cita was like the Hugh schoolers cartoon fresh after school. I think it went Hitz, Cita, Then Rapcity. Shit was dope
    The Jacka Presents:
    Street Knowledge
    "Kill Yaself"

http://www94.zippyshare.com/v/bEsGQfVs/file.html
    Meta_Consciousdamobb2deepWild Self
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic It's not too complicated, but you're gonna need a bulletproof soul The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 20,165 ✭✭✭✭✭
    High* fuckin auto spell
    The Jacka Presents:
    Street Knowledge
    "Kill Yaself"

• aka_OGaka_OG Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • aladdin1978aladdin1978 Poo Poo Jenkins- pronounced Pow POW West coastin'Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still need to know why these no good jigaboos canceled rap city and after dark.
    CTtJgKpXIAAPxX5.jpg
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 23,377 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Cita was like the Hugh schoolers cartoon fresh after school. I think it went Hitz, Cita, Then Rapcity. Shit was dope

nigga no... she was a animated stereotype... coonism at its finest
    SneakDZA
  • Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bet Is owned by Jews

Truth.

Plus when Bob Johnson sold BET to Viacom, all the positive they had started to get non-existent.

To be a real hood you need more than just a gun. You need ideas.

tumblr_m9zas2KcdZ1rnneano1_1280.gif
    Wild SelfCP203
  • Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh..and bring back Rap City, Uncut and Caribbean Rhythms...
    To be a real hood you need more than just a gun. You need ideas.

tumblr_m9zas2KcdZ1rnneano1_1280.gif
    Wild Self
  • NeighborhoodNomad. NeighborhoodNomad. Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We hoped it would be a Jon Stewart/Steven Colbert type show"
    Everything is about following. People are afraid to be creative and innovative.

Even tho tv/radio/media is based on ratings, the truth is modern day ratings are based on $. How much $ do I need to give you to broadcast my message repetitively, so that it's programmed into the psyche of the listener/viewer.
  • bubbaclotbubbaclot Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bet Is owned by Jews

Truth.

Plus when Bob Johnson sold BET to Viacom, all the positive they had started to get non-existent.
    Shit was wack when Bob owned it.
    SneakDZAirad4185Black Boy King
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »

nigga no... she was a animated stereotype... coonism at its finest

Stop actin like u dont gotta few Citas in ya fam......
    The Jacka Presents:
    Street Knowledge
    "Kill Yaself"

• 700700 Praying 5 times a day to catch a plug Plap City, FLAPosts: 14,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    you would be a fool to watch that shit knowin bet owned by crackas

how the fuck a cracka gon show me how i be

thats some fugazi ass shit and i wont watch a commercial on that mothafucka

i cant respect that shit
    KingJamal wrote: »
    @b00kie do u have any Boosie stories u can tell?

b00kie wrote: »
    haha He cool man, I wasn't in the streets but

He was always lil, like 5'3. But a big mouth, couple times nigga had to square up. At the football game he took that stick the drum major had and cracked a nigga over the head w it and broke the stick

Nigga was cold on the bball court though, I didn't get that starting spot until he stopped coming to school. School let out at 3 we had to stay till the games at 6 so he used to just rap about whatever people talkin about passng time.

Then he started hanging w C-Loc and them, rappin/hustling whatever, rarely came to school anymore. When he did he would just be Polo down.... come, counting stacks $ at recess, everybody lookin.

OH and biology class blunt fell out his ear and the teacher tried to grab it. He twist that lady arm grabbed the blunt off the floor n left. lol
    Far from a groupie...but a Boosie story

Nga was in the club and I was out and about in another state..I was doing business there and decide to step out...and heard dude was going to be at the club on the radio...Now I don't know dude like that..but again my patnas know dude...I goes to the club..dude has his own section in the club..him and his crew and a few women...I walk up to the area and he comes over and he like you be in B.R. and you be wit such and such and I was like yea..he like mayne what you doing out here..I told him.. he was like..mayne you family come on in V.I.P. and get what you want..you want this..you want that..i was like nah..nga handed me a bottle and told me just to take it...again I don't know dude like that to be gettin a bottle..but the love he showed..I see why ngas love this nga down here so much...so I was leaving the club after he performed..nga was like you good you need bread..you need money on a room..and I was like shocked the nga even reached out like that..and I was like nah.. Nga didn't care who you were..if he fucks wit you..he fucks wit you..that's why alot cats fuck wit the lil nga...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uMoBtaS-wvg&fb_source=message
    blakfyahking
  • 700700 Praying 5 times a day to catch a plug Plap City, FLAPosts: 14,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    thats not negro shit, thats all cracka shit wtf is you tlakin bout b

i said aint gon watch no crackas make a screenplay about some niggas and see shit how im seein

im not watchin that shit, thats disrespect

they clownin a nigga

b00kie wrote: »
    haha He cool man, I wasn't in the streets but

He was always lil, like 5'3. But a big mouth, couple times nigga had to square up. At the football game he took that stick the drum major had and cracked a nigga over the head w it and broke the stick

Nigga was cold on the bball court though, I didn't get that starting spot until he stopped coming to school. School let out at 3 we had to stay till the games at 6 so he used to just rap about whatever people talkin about passng time.

Then he started hanging w C-Loc and them, rappin/hustling whatever, rarely came to school anymore. When he did he would just be Polo down.... come, counting stacks $ at recess, everybody lookin.

OH and biology class blunt fell out his ear and the teacher tried to grab it. He twist that lady arm grabbed the blunt off the floor n left. lol
    Far from a groupie...but a Boosie story

Nga was in the club and I was out and about in another state..I was doing business there and decide to step out...and heard dude was going to be at the club on the radio...Now I don't know dude like that..but again my patnas know dude...I goes to the club..dude has his own section in the club..him and his crew and a few women...I walk up to the area and he comes over and he like you be in B.R. and you be wit such and such and I was like yea..he like mayne what you doing out here..I told him.. he was like..mayne you family come on in V.I.P. and get what you want..you want this..you want that..i was like nah..nga handed me a bottle and told me just to take it...again I don't know dude like that to be gettin a bottle..but the love he showed..I see why ngas love this nga down here so much...so I was leaving the club after he performed..nga was like you good you need bread..you need money on a room..and I was like shocked the nga even reached out like that..and I was like nah.. Nga didn't care who you were..if he fucks wit you..he fucks wit you..that's why alot cats fuck wit the lil nga...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uMoBtaS-wvg&fb_source=message
  • 5th Letter5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Posts: 36,903 Regulator
    they are at least trying. I don't think it would hurt if they showed music videos in the mornings instead of reruns of old sitcoms. I like 2nd generation wayans and real house husbands of hollywood.
    Fuck who's the baddest a persons status depends on salary
    That buck that bought that bottle could have struck the lotto
  • twizza 77twizza 77 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what show did tj holmes have? i haven't seen a single commercial for it

so they've done no publicity for the show and then wonder why no one watches it? gtfoh

i used to watch the news they used to have on BET, but of course they got rid of that, as well as their decent music shows. but now they wanna act like the reason they have nothing but bullshit on there is because of the viewers? BET can go eat a dick

They had a bunch of promos for his show, in which he came off as condescending. But never said what days or times he would be on, just a "coming soon" for 2 months.
  • 1of11of1 Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change the name of the network.
  • twizza 77twizza 77 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VH1 is out BET'ing them. They should have looked at televising HBCU sports. I doubt ESPN has any rights to those games confrences and NBC has rights to the "Bayou Classic."
  • ImTheKangRoundHereImTheKangRoundHere Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the media really dont promote B.E.T.I wish B.E.T was ran by someone who know what to do over there.They need Magic Johnson to run B.E.T
    tumblr_mhrbesjcOx1rqrau3o1_500.gif[img][/img]
  • atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi DragonstonePosts: 13,644 Regulator
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    VH1 is out BET'ing them. They should have looked at televising HBCU sports. I doubt ESPN has any rights to those games confrences and NBC has rights to the "Bayou Classic."
    they did at one point. they showed football games on friday or saturday nights.

i would only watch the halftime shows tho

taeboo