Boston Market employee rants abt hating customers to undercover boss & is FIRED on the spot (W/Pics)

Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief, FCC Member, IC Task Force GeneralASUville, PhoenixPosts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
By LESLIE LARSON

A Boston Market executive who went incognito on Undercover Boss has fired an employee who divulged how much he despised customers. A youthful looking employee named Ronnie, at the company's outpost in Duluth, Georgia, said he hated guests who came to the restaurant, calling them selfish and demanding. The undercover exec became livid and ended up firing the man, the first time ever for someone to get the boot on the CBS reality show.

Sara Bittorf, Chief Brand Officer at Boston Market, was sent on a reconnaissance mission by the company's CEO to appear on the CBS show and find out what was actually going on, in the episode that aired on February 1. Ms Bittorf posed as a waitress, Rachel Rand, who joined the Boston Market staff - saying she was appearing on a reality show to win a chance to open her own diner. But she had no idea what was in store for her when she showed up as a trainee at a Boston Market in Duluth, Georgia.

She underwent training and learned the tricks of the trade but was appalled when her shift supervisor, Ronnie, spent much of his time mouthing off about the people being served. 'I literally hate customers more than anything in the entire world. I hate them so much,' he told Bittorf, knowing full well his words were being captured on camera for the so-called reality show.

'They're terrible. It's all about them all the time and they demand everything,' he continued, adding his disdain at having to 'suffer through' the day serving customers. The secret exec excused herself from the kitchen to catch her breath because she became so incensed by Ronnie's comments. 'My job's on the line. Here I am a representative of this brand and this is what happens. It can't happen on my watch,' she said as she tried to cool off in the parking lot.

'I can't have someone who just told me that they hate customers more than anything in the world serving our guests. That's the complete antithesis of what we stand for.' After collecting her thoughts, Bittorf decided the truth must be told. She revealed her true identity to Ronnie and scolded him for his behavior.

'Without the guests in there, we don't have a business and you don't have a paycheck,' she informed him, sending him home for the day as his future hung in the balance. Ronnie was shocked to learn the kitchen help was actually a bigwig at the company but even so, he failed to show remorse at his prior comments.

'I would tell them my attitude would change but I didn't think it was that terrible,' he said, out of earshot of Bittorf after the big reveal. 'It's not wrong of me to hate people,' he said.

'They don't know I'm saying it so it's not that big a deal but now this giant lady of Boston Market knows what's going on, that's just not fair,' he said before he got into his car and drove home for the day. After Ronnie got a dressing down from Bittorf, she revealed her true identity to the branch manager and advised that Ronnie be fired. The manager agreed and Ronnie was shown the door, a first for the CBS program that has been on the air since February 2010.

article-2273585-1759A359000005DC-168_634x423.jpg

article-2273585-1759A36B000005DC-251_306x423.jpg

article-2273585-1759A344000005DC-378_306x423.jpg

article-2273585-1759F7B5000005DC-35_634x354.jpg

article-2273585-1759A68F000005DC-7_634x411.jpg

gnsBodhiunspoken_respecta.mannDWO

Replies

• Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief, FCC Member, IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief, FCC Member, IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sizzler has GOAT cheesecake
    dwade206Young Stef
  • texas409texas409 Posts: 14,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ronnie a real nigga who likes serving hungry fuckers all day? lets be real
    bankrupt baller
  • JokerKingJokerKing Вони виявили, Ваш номер STATION в рамках цієї спільноти! Watching Jimmy Fallon With Barbara GordonPosts: 27,050 Regulator
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic Funky like poopa scoop #scumbag The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 11,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sizzler has GOAT cheesebread

I agree. That cheese Bread is fantastic

Young_Chitlin
  • fuc_i_look_likefuc_i_look_like Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's a cunt for firing him. Everybody in a customer service position hates customers. Nigga was just keeping it real.
    KatrageMelanin_Enriched Judah Backcaddo manbankrupt ballergnsa.mannCopperDWOamenhotepiv
  • GettinLoGettinLo Posts: 8,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He got fired for being gay... this will be the reason of his lawsuit
    bankrupt ballerunspoken_respect
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson I drive a fast car... Posts: 48,189 Regulator

how you gon get fired for shit you say behind the line...outta earshot of the customers?

fake ass drama...

i'd sue they ass..
    especially if she fucking asked.
    Melanin_Enriched bankrupt baller
  • bighutchbighutch CaliforniaPosts: 146 ✭✭✭
    He got what he wanted, a reason to hate people more, look for him to be the next sniper.
    onetoughmiracle
  • BiblicalAtheist BiblicalAtheist Prude OutskirtsPosts: 11,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how you gon get fired for shit you say behind the line...outta earshot of the customers?

fake ass drama...

i'd sue they ass..

I think it was for the principle of the matter, especially since its 'on tv'. If his hatred didn't show in his actions what harm was done really? Aside from the fact people know now they're hated and feel some way about it.
    .IRS. wrote: »

fake ass drama...

i'd sue they ass..

I think it was for the principle of the matter, especially since its 'on tv'. If his hatred didn't show in his actions what harm was done really? Aside from the fact people know now they're hated and feel some way about it.

that's cause the shit was staged...

aint no way in hell that was a legal firing...

dude can still hate people and be great at his fucking job...
    thats what i dont get...

Youre right, I guess they do have to spice it up after a while.
  • KatKat You just do you..Imma do me :* Posts: 39,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect wrote: »
    I watched this, dude was a whiny bitch.

He's on a presumed reality show representing his company and he is straight whining the ENTIRE time!

He needs to get into IT or an equally hermit ass job
    , cause customer service is not his calling.

why you gotta come at a career field like that...

and you say it as if you can hop into IT as easy as you could a customer service gig... cracka prolly WISH he could be in IT

/feelings

lol..calm down.

But yeah, don't act like it doesn't take a special type of person to work IT. Usually those that prefer interacting with a computer over actual humans.
    gns(ob)Scene
    DaBull wrote: »

He's on a presumed reality show representing his company and he is straight whining the ENTIRE time!

He needs to get into IT or an equally hermit ass job, cause customer service is not his calling.

dont throw shade on da tech industry..................you wish you saw them checks every 14 days

Um..actually I do. My boyfriend is a senior network engineer.

Nexxxxt.

PS - Quit crying.
    gns(ob)SceneYoung Gunnermiamivice305
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson I drive a fast car... Posts: 48,189 Regulator
    Perfect wrote: »

He needs to get into IT or an equally hermit ass job
    , cause customer service is not his calling.

why you gotta come at a career field like that...

and you say it as if you can hop into IT as easy as you could a customer service gig... cracka prolly WISH he could be in IT

/feelings

lol..calm down.

But yeah, don't act like it doesn't take a special type of person to work IT. Usually those that prefer interacting with a computer over actual humans.

BITCH!!!
    you still have to talk to folk...
    the fuck outta here. you watch too much tv kat... that stereotype aint real.
    Katgns(ob)Scene
    omg..can ya'll calm down? I was just using IT as an example of a field that for the most part does not require alot of human interaction, especially face to face. It appears those in the IT field are also extremely sensitive so maybe this is a good thing.

My boyfriend can stay home all day and do his job with a computer and a telephone, that's low human interaction, no?

Now go back to your Dungeons and Dragons, IT nerd.

lmao
    Young_ChitlinKaigns(ob)Scenea.mannmiamivice305
    When your mornings start with assholes....

23m92l3.jpg
    VIBE