What does the recent bandwagoning of Drake's single, which is not even a week old suggest...

internationalinternational Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
about the influence and impact that he currently has in the rap game?

StoneColdMikey

Replies

• ... he dont even believe it himself... otherwise he'd shut the fuck up about it and move on to another subject...

true ... I like his stuff actually, but it's like he's bringing out the same song over and over again - since 2 years ...

• starvinstarvin Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's baffling to me honestly
    1of132DaysOfInfinitiDisciplined InSight
  • internationalinternational Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that young niggas are embracing bitch nigga shit just to piss off old heads.... lol... it's not working...

yall know yall dont think that nigga as good as yall say...
    hell... he dont even believe it himself... otherwise he'd shut the fuck up about it and move on to another subject...

how most yo catalog is of you demanding/begging niggas to respect you and reciting your resume?

I hear what you sayin, but i guess that is what he seeks from this shyt...other niggaz have other reasons for why they get into this shyt, and I guess those are some of the reasons to why he's in it.

Plus, I don't think young niggaz give a fuck about the old heads, and Drake is very much accepted by his peers, a lot of the 'old heads' say they rock wit his music and acknowledge his talent.
    Black_Samson
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson I drive a fast car... Posts: 47,338 Regulator
    that young niggas are embracing bitch nigga shit just to piss off old heads.... lol... it's not working...

yall know yall dont think that nigga as good as yall say...
    hell... he dont even believe it himself... otherwise he'd shut the fuck up about it and move on to another subject...

how most yo catalog is of you demanding/begging niggas to respect you and reciting your resume?

I hear what you sayin, but i guess that is what he seeks from this shyt...other niggaz have other reasons for why they get into this shyt, and I guess those are some of the reasons to why he's in it.

Plus, I don't think young niggaz give a fuck about the old heads, and Drake is very much accepted by his peers, a lot of the 'old heads' say they rock wit his music and acknowledge his talent.
    i ont know... i find it kinda fitting that one of rap's biggest stars, tries to come off like a tough guy only to wind up looking like an overemotional teenage girl. specially in this era of e-thuggery... down right ironic if you think about it...
  • Judah BackJudah Back Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    alot of ppl like the song and his music *shrugs*

honestly didnt think IC would show drake that much love tho. i was surprised
  • loch121loch121 Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't front.I was in the car and the song came on and I never heard it and knew it was a banger within 5 seconds.Yall wilding that record is hot.let the nosigns and wacks begin
    rip.dillaOGClarenceBoddicker
  • just.might.b.okjust.might.b.ok Posts: 5,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    shit sucks, hook is annoyin, he cant rap for shit, only soft ass homos would listen to this more than once.
    just try to imagine what type of my little pony t shirt wearing faggot would like this.
    Black_Samsonrip.dillaMarcusGarveysapp08_2001gnsMorganFreemanKing
    prec
    That niggas is hypocrites. Let that had been a J. Cole or Young Chris track, niggas woulda been on some "that's cool but it aint hype enough"

Precisely...so I pose the question again, what does it say about Drake's influence and impact/power in the rap game?
  • twatgettatwatgetta Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's merely a sign of the times that women buy more music than Men so when wuss Drake drops a crooner, he can win. it's simple math. and for that, I can't hate on him. He's using what works for him. and that's how it should be.
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson I drive a fast car... Posts: 47,338 Regulator
    twatgetta wrote: »
    It's merely a sign of the times that women buy more music than Men so when wuss Drake drops a crooner, he can win. it's simple math. and for that, I can't hate on him. He's using what works for him. and that's how it should be.

most females i know, dont fuck with the boy...

they say he too sensitive...

when that nigga music come on i see nothing but dudes on the dance floor and a line to the female latrine.

these niggas fooling themselves believing he still got the "baby you the fucking best" clout...
    sapp08_2001
    edited February 2013
    twatgetta wrote: »

That's a fair point...but when ppl want the course of things to change, then they should do something about it, its obvious that its not only women supporting Drake...I like the nigga, but then again I don't buy albums, so it ain't like I contribute to his massive popularity, and if most men feel a certain way, they should then buy music which they feel should be dictating the game right now, like the saying goes, if you ain't part of the solution, you part of the problem.

ps: I like dude's music, one of the best mainstream hiphop artists right now imo.
  • Bender RodriguezBender Rodriguez Kiss my shiny metal ass!! Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that niggas will force themselves to like a song and/or cause of the beat
    eternal soldier
  • DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will probably be one of the only songs I like from his next album..
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tells me he's number 1 in the game right know in terms of mainstream appeal and popularity. i never really care for Drake's albums with all that singing shit. He made some hot sjunts tho. Just overall his music not for me but i ain't knocking him. he got a fanbase for doing something right and his guest appearances are usually on point. Shit i haven't even heard the song and don't care too.
  • nyst8ofminnyst8ofmin Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭
    im not into this type of music.
    ie ... the type of music where the artist is just not believable. he tries to hard to be hard imo.
    Black_Samsonfuc_i_look_likegns
  • antarticpantarticp Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imma give wiz and soulja a pass ... but everyone else will just be trying to piggy back off drakes success ...... mainly just a promo tool ..... everyone knows anything drake gonna do right now is gonna do #s .....
  • CoolJoeCoolJoe Posts: 6,032 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nyst8ofmin wrote: »
    im not into this type of music.
    ie ... the type of music where the artist is just not believable. he tries to hard to be hard imo.

......What?
    Y'all niggas can't say he makes simp music and then say he tries too hard to be hard.
    Pick one and ride with it.

Song is pretty dope though, not as good as "Headlines", but definitely better than "Over".
  • 5th Letter5th Letter AKA 5th Element Posts: 26,983 Regulator
    nothing except that he's at a place where he can create anything and it will be a hit/sell.
    GSonII
    edited February 2013
    antarticp wrote: »
    imma give wiz and soulja a pass ... but everyone else will just be trying to piggy back off drakes success ...... mainly just a promo tool ..... everyone knows anything drake gonna do right now is gonna do #s .....

why give them a pass? they ain't even let the shyt breath, ain't even been a week since he released the shyt, if anything, they the ones tryna piggy back...