Jay-Z is the Apple of Rap music (and not why u think)

qtipp73qtipp73 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭✭✭
Jay z is an old playing it safe ass nigga. since the year 2000 95% of his singles have been produced by four people. (jus blaze,kanye,pharell, and timbaland. hes made a shit ton of money off other niggas ideas ie. NAS. Jay repackages shit and he gets all the credit that he was the first to do it.

sounds like apple to me. they keep the formula mostly the same and get credit as being the first to have such and such feature not realizing niggas been did the shit but they werent as popular when they did it.

I fuck with Jay-z music hard-body but he might be the most overly credited rapper ever. A dude thats never been willing to take any artistic chances at all.

IceBergTaylor5th LetterMichael_Malicetexasdaking88[Deleted User]Lurker6manofmorehouseTheRicanKingrip.dillaNothingButTheTruthalmighty breezeMrCrookedLetterPK_TK_187gman82Bender Rodriguez32DaysOfInfinitiStoneColdMikeyMdizzle9000iKingGodGivBizinfamous114

Replies

• Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance the three of us know yet the shooter remains nameless DornePosts: 29,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jay has used a lex Luger beat...
    rip.dillaStoneColdMikey
  • 5th Letter5th Letter AKA 5th Element Posts: 27,379 Regulator
    you're getting at Jay for "stealing ideas" but we all know no idea is original. So what's your point.
    Michael_MaliceCJSoloman_The_WiseMeestersoul rattlermiamivice305FyHunnitMdizzle9000
  • sullysully Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's probably artistically satisfied with their abilities to produce something of quality for him, and knows that such a sound is both popular with fans who want to casually listen to his music, and has seen profitability in this strategy.

Can't blame him at all for sticking to it. It has worked to the point where he's probably the second richest man in the business, and considered a top artist.
    Michael_Malice
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 35,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So DOA isn't artistic chance?

American Gangster isn't artist chance, there was nothing commercial about that album at all and it still went platinum?

Plus why would he not work with Ye, Just, Pharrell and Timbo, he is the one that basically gave them their legitimacy in hiphop. That's like saying MJ played it safe only working with Quincy Jones and Teddy Riley, you work with people who has your artistic vision.
    manofmorehousenex ginbankrupt ballerFyHunnitKalecrunch
  • poindexter2poindexter2 Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jay has used a lex Luger beat...

and people were saying "man thats how you suppose to slaughter a trap beat"

you just proved t/s point
  • twatgettatwatgetta Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawaiian Sophie was first and last artistic chance Jay Z took and it almost sunk his career like a stone. So Jay Z knows his comfort zone and that's always been biting off every nigga that ain't namd Jay Z, just to stay relevant.
    rip.dillasoul rattlerStoneColdMikeyKalecrunch
  • scrapper1scrapper1 Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can agree with that.. Jay stand by the ppl running the game(Kanye,Rih,Bey). Cant possibly fail when your circle is bigger than you.
    DNB1Soloman_The_Wisemiamivice305
  • ohhhlaohhhla Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FlightKing wrote: »
    Jay-Z raps for the business of rap not the art of rap. Been like that from the beginning of his career too.

Please, shut it.
    southsil4lilSoloman_The_Wiserip.dilla
  • DNB1DNB1 If Yeen Got No Haters U Aint Poppin' Posts: 14,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But Apple took others ideas and made them better...leading to lots of demand and a commanding force in its field...

Apple won...meanwhile Jay still winning...
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • 1CK1S1CK1S Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No offense but enough of these Jay-Z threads. We know dude is a....

1. Snake in the grass
    2. Married Beyonce to keep his name relevant
    3. Maybe a sellout
    4. White folks & Stans/warriors hype him up too much
    5. Says shady things
    6. A top 5 hip hop artists

& etc.!!!
    Soloman_The_Wiserip.dillaalmighty breeze
  • ohhhlaohhhla Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sully wrote: »
    qtipp73 wrote: »
    Jay z is an old playing it safe ass nigga. since the year 2000 95% of his singles have been produced by four people. (jus blaze,kanye,pharell, and timbaland. hes made a shit ton of money off other niggas ideas ie. NAS. Jay repackages shit and he gets all the credit that he was the first to do it.

sounds like apple to me. they keep the formula mostly the same and get credit as being the first to have such and such feature not realizing niggas been did the shit but they werent as popular when they did it.

I fuck with Jay-z music hard-body but he might be the most overly credited rapper ever. A dude thats never been willing to take any artistic chances at all.

Nas "steals" the same way you're accusing Jay-Z of "stealing".

One can easily say that one of Nas' most acclaimed songs "I Gave You Power" is just a rip off of "Stray Bullet" by Organized Konfusion.

So Nas might not be the best example there if we're going around accusing other rappers of stealing ideas from one another.

Nas also "ripped himself" off when he used the same sample "inna godda davida" as his lead single two albums in a row. One can easily say that's not that creative or just lazy on Nas' part.

One could also say 'If I Ruled the World' (one of Nas' biggest singles) was a "rip off" of John Lennon's 'Imagine'.

Just an observation.

But Nas stans and Hip Hop purists don't see you, tho.
    Soloman_The_WiseMdizzle9000
  • qtipp73qtipp73 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    so basically yall admitting jay is a rapper not an artist. and how dare u name american gangster as taking a chance lol.

DOA was carried by the beat and the song as a whole was pretty safe. im 99% sure if nas did doa niggas would have called him a hater to the 10th power. jayz does it and it cool all of a sudden to say niggas raps is weak
    almighty breezesoul rattlerStoneColdMikeyinfamous114
  • DNB1DNB1 If Yeen Got No Haters U Aint Poppin' Posts: 14,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A more interesting question is where is the next Jay Z?

His formula for success is a simple one,
    sully wrote: »

Nas "steals" the same way you're accusing Jay-Z of "stealing".

One can easily say that one of Nas' most acclaimed songs "I Gave You Power" is just a rip off of "Stray Bullet" by Organized Konfusion.

So Nas might not be the best example there if we're going around accusing other rappers of stealing ideas from one another.

Nas also "ripped himself" off when he used the same sample "inna godda davida" as his lead single two albums in a row. One can easily say that's not that creative or just lazy on Nas' part.

One could also say 'If I Ruled the World' (one of Nas' biggest singles) was a "rip off" of John Lennon's 'Imagine'.

Just an observation.

*sigh* ur a simple nigga i see. empire state of mind which is jayz biggest song ever. gee i wonder where he got that idea from. but some of u new niggas aint tryna hear that tho
    [Deleted User]freshb651rip.dillaalmighty breezeLurkdogAchillesMdizzle9000
    when Nas said HHID where was camelface with the cosign. nowhere, but a few years later he on some DOA shit and he got all the props for it. Nas made a black president song on his nigger album. Jayz waits a year later and hops on jeezy song about a black president which nas already rapped on.
    [Deleted User]freshb651rip.dillaalmighty breezesoul rattler
  • BarryHallsBarryHalls Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    This nigga said the Apple of Rap music.

• usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 35,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    when Nas said HHID where was camelface with the cosign. nowhere, but a few years later he on some DOA shit and he got all the props for it. Nas made a black president song on his nigger album. Jayz waits a year later and hops on jeezy song about a black president which nas already rapped on.

Maybe because Jay-z ain't a fucking hater like that. DOA was never a broad statement at a whole young culture or region like how HHID. My President is Black was a Jeezy song, he can have whomever the fuck he wants on the song.

You sound butt hurt like you're mad that Jay can generate more buzz than Nas could of with HHID and My president is black.

I bet you're butt hurt ass didn't have a problem with KRS and Buckshot making Robot though?

rip.dilla