Rick Ross: Calm Down or End Up Like Biggie

ImTheKangRoundHereImTheKangRoundHere Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2013 in The Reason
rick-ross-shooting-calm-down-or-end-up-like-biggie.8535035.40.jpg

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2013-02-07/news/rick-ross-shooting-calm-down-or-end-up-like-biggie/

Dear Rick Ross:

As someone who survived several rap beefs, I'm going to give you some advice. You need to seriously address the threats and attempts on your life. You have worked hard to become a big name in hip-hop. You've paid your dues and you've grown lyrically since the release of your debut album, Port of Miami, in 2006. You've arrived, buddy
But all this gangster bullshit is jeopardizing your career. No club or arena is going to risk people getting shot. You can forget about doing any tours or CD signings. And if you can't make money, watch how fast Warner Bros. Records turns on you. I know from experience.

You have the Gangster Disciples breathing down your neck because you've named-dropped Larry Hoover, the gang's founder, in your music. Unlike the record and book publishing industries, these bad dudes don't understand the concept of public domain. They see you getting rich forever by rapping about their leader, and they don't like it. That's why they're on YouTube talking about how you need to go see them and cut a check.

It's a shame you can't enjoy life without spending part of your earnings on heavy security or risking your freedom by purchasing an arsenal. Remember, that's what landed T.I. and Lil Wayne in prison. You don't want that to happen to you. However, those are the consequences of rapping about being something you're not.

Hip-hop has a rich history of college guys who never committed a crime rapping about moving kilos of cocaine and taking out snitches. Every gangster rapper takes on the role of a real hood legend to build up street cred. But don't fall into the trap of believing you are really a gangster.

Trust me, you don't want to go out like Biggie Smalls or Tupac. It's time you squash your beefs.

Follow Luke on Twitter: @unclelukereal1.
Soloman_The_WiseHafBaykednohiphop1P. Townbankrupt ballerStewsouth4lifeAristo_V300KINGECsapp08_2001Breezy_Kilroyalmighty breezeFyHunnitMarcusGarvey[Deleted User]32DaysOfInfinitiSleepwalkingInJapanStoneColdMikeyLV_DonploccBarryHallsIceBergTaylortharealest561tharealest561Reggie80BlaqueHoney01MR.CJBARON_$AMEDI5th LetterAlpha_Ambition D.D.S.WhoisDonG???trilladelicTheRicanKing#1hiphopjunki3stupot0607MrCrookedLetterrip.dillaa.mannDMIcarnalesflows515unspoken_respectmarc123nex ginMuhannadalvarez_313

Replies

• black caesarblack caesar Posts: 9,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *waits for Ross to diss Luke*

Luke made some great points, but he shouldn't have spoke about the GD's, especially when they stated it wasn't about Larry Hoover.
  • A1000MILESA1000MILES Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well...It's true...
    JusDre313
  • black caesarblack caesar Posts: 9,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he can't drop his image now. imagine if Rick Ross went to jail for a year, then came out on some Tupac shit.........he's prolly planning that right now

He can drop his image. I dig his music, bur everyone already knows that he's a fraud.
    Soloman_The_Wisesapp08_2001a.mann
  • nawledge_godnawledge_god IC Veterano Holmes Chiraq RefugeePosts: 3,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He Went From Dropping Jewels To Straight Hating...Fuck Luke For That
    A1000MILESnohiphop1bankrupt ballerBender Rodriguezbeatboy1StewKINGECsapp08_2001almighty breezeblackgod813nycdiesel32DaysOfInfinitiP swayze166StoneColdMikeysoul rattlerBARON_$AMEDI5th LetterAlpha_Ambition SneakDZAD.D.S.rooster_cogburnrip.dillanex ginMuhannad
  • AggyAFAggyAF Y pree Worl boss fi wiPosts: 28,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he can't drop his image now. imagine if Rick Ross went to jail for a year, then came out on some Tupac shit.........he's prolly planning that right now

He can drop his image. I dig his music, bur everyone already knows that he's a fraud.

no he can't. what is he gonna rap about? how is he gonna market himself? his chance to change his image was during the whole "Officer Ricky exposure". he chose to keep the image and go harder.
    IceBergTaylor
  • he can rap about deep shit..i think he come from a poor background but he never sold dope to survive he chose a different route..nothing wrong with that..

devil in a new dress
    the show w/wale
    no church in the wild freestyle

these are the type of songs he should rap like not that kingpin shit
  • Judah BackJudah Back Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He Went From Dropping Jewels To Straight Hating...Fuck Luke For That

what part was hating? luke gave him props and told him to protect his investment and stop with the fake gangster shyt.
    beatboy1gns
  • internationalinternational Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Let that nigga live already...Why is it only in hiphop where artists are expected to hold up to and live out through their art? smh. This type shyt just sets us back, not only as a genre, but also in the bigger picture/underlining theme as BLACK ppl, SMH...niggaz really are self destructive.

soul rattlergnsBarryHallsIceBergTaylorGucci Scott King#1hiphopjunki3Muhannad
  • ImTheKangRoundHereImTheKangRoundHere Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    one thing i dont understand is,why is hiphop the only genre of music having these beefs?only thing hiphop artists are doing is giving the police a reason to spy on and fuck with rappers.let rick ross live his life.these niggaz angry their lives are shitty and hating that he's living the life.I dont give a fuck who claims he's fake.we all have haters.let em hate
    infamous114sapp08_2001DA_Executionah! Muhannad
  • Ear2DaStEar2DaSt Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should of just been a producer!
  • 2 Drawlz2 Drawlz Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    this nigga....
    180px-Capt._Obvious.jpg

luke ain't say a word, that we didn't already know. Luke is practically telling Ross 2 "pay them dudes".

it's fucked up how Ross worked hard to get to this position.
    blood, sweat, and tears to make his dream a reality. 2 only have pieces of shit, attempt to leech him off.
    ain't no checks being cut

quick question: if Ro were to cut a check 2nite .
    how many of them dusty ass, no value, pieces of shit. that's in them videos, with their welfare fingers out , are gonna get a piece?????????????
    CashmoneyDux
  • almighty breezealmighty breeze Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rick ross does rap about the things @blackcaesar & @blackgerald are saying but its at an arms length. its from the same "oh well. im a rich drug dealer lens" of everything else. he can save face by really hitting the ground with his Hold Me Back, Valley Of Death, Tears Of Joy song & just cut out the cocaine references.

at this point if ross is rapping over the same type of beats (c'mon) & on some struggle/ how i came up shit his fans arent the most involved listeners to be able to tell or have a gripe..
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • Ear2DaStEar2DaSt Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its all about beats!
  • blackgod813blackgod813 Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuck that ross die bout that shit live this.art
    StewJudah BackCJ
  • Kwan DaiKwan Dai Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, Tupac and Biggie were ethered right along with Ross.

But don't fall into the trap of believing you are really a gangster.
    Trust me, you don't want to go out like Biggie Smalls or Tupac. It's time you squash your beefs.
    Soloman_The_Wisesoul rattlergnsmiamivice305BARON_$AMEDIWhoisDonG???TheRicanKing
  • MarcusGarveyMarcusGarvey Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let that nigga live already...Why is it only in hiphop where artists are expected to hold up to and live out through their art? smh. This type shyt just sets us back, not only as a genre, but also in the bigger picture/underlining theme as BLACK ppl, SMH...niggaz really are self destructive.

Youre Talking bout self destruction? What other genre talks about moving kilos of coke like they scarface? Isn't that destructive to young impressionable minds? To tell them if you cant afford a bentley you aint shit.

Sit down you played yourself trying to sound intelligent