Wii U is dead. Done. Finished.

KINGOFDAARCADEKINGOFDAARCADE Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
Already got off to a terrible start. Nobody checking for that shit.

Sony about to announce PS4 on Feb 20... People will forget Wii U even came out.

Then when PS4 and 720 actually do come out, Wii U will be all but dead.

Its another GameCube. Yeah they got Mario, so what? GameCube had Zelda and Mario too.

genocidecutterPK_TK_187VIBELUClENBoldChildocelotGhostdenithegawdqawshun

Replies

• Mdizzle9000Mdizzle9000 Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    but....but.......zelda!
    D.D.S.
  • Karl.Karl. Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no reason to buy that console.
  • blackkevblaziniblackkevblazini Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niggas said the same thing about 3DS, and that shit's printing money for Nintendo now.

If it does start doing Dipset Weed Carrier numbers I can see them doing the same situation they did to get the 3DS selling tho.
  • earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Posts: 16,419 Regulator
    It's not dead, but I think they should've waited a bit to release it. It could've gone up against the next 360 and ps3 easier. It's almost like they had less faith in it than the Wii, which released along the ps3, when the Wii u is clearly a better console than the original Wii. But like blackkev said, look at the 3ds.
  • genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 9,951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to stop with all those corny gimmicky games.
    Recaptimus_Prime360
  • PK_TK_187PK_TK_187 Posts: 2,240
    lol at first 360.
    earth two supermanrooster_cogburn
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic This dick aint freeeee #scumbag The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea they games is wack as fuck. The really hollaring fuck a certain age demographic.
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 16,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't owned a Nintendo system since the SNES, but I don't hear any of the Wii fans complaining about the selection of games. And little kids love Nintendo systems. You're not in their target demographic so of course you'd think the games suck. Nintendo systems are for kids, people who want to play games but aren't gamers, and people looking for party type games for family nights/events.
  • themadlionsfanthemadlionsfan Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't owned a Nintendo system since the SNES, but I don't hear any of the Wii fans complaining about the selection of games. And little kids love Nintendo systems. You're not in their target demographic so of course you'd think the games suck. Nintendo systems are for kids, people who want to play games but aren't gamers, and people looking for party type games for family nights/events.

actually there was a little uprising and Nintendo folks did want a M rated game.....which lead to that Mad World bullshit
  • LUClENLUClEN Sociologist and Logician Hitler's VaginaPosts: 17,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a conker's bad fur day sequel
    genocidecutterrooster_cogburn
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher One Cold Ass Honkey It's Cold, AlaskaPosts: 27,848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyones just waiting for SSB and Zelda
    LUClEN
  • grumpy_new_yorkergrumpy_new_yorker Reppin' The 631 Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate looks dope, not coppin a system for 1 game though.
    genocidecutter
  • BoldChildBoldChild Born alone, die alone. Posts: 11,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niggas said the same thing about 3DS, and that shit's printing money for Nintendo now.

If it does start doing Dipset Weed Carrier numbers I can see them doing the same situation they did to get the 3DS selling tho.

I don't really recall peeps saying 3DS was going to b a dud.

Nintendo always dominates the handheld market, it's not a thing to them, it's the usual.

actually there was a little uprising and Nintendo folks did want a M rated game.....which lead to that Mad World bullshit

Nintendo didn't make Madworld, Sega/Platinum Games did, and that game was dope.

Madworld ain't the only M-rated game on the Wii either, Godfather Blackhand, No More Heroes 1 and 2, Scarface, Driver Parallel Lines, it's plenty of M-rated shit on the Wii.
    BoldChild wrote: »

I don't really recall peeps saying 3DS was going to b a dud.

Nintendo always dominates the handheld market, it's not a thing to them, it's the usual.

Yeah they were. 3DS came out the gate posting PSVita numbers, shit was too expensive and wasn't no good games on it, features they promised from day one wasn't there, etc.
  • aka_OGaka_OG Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think part of the prob is little motivation for those who have a wii to upgrade. Maybe new titles throughout the year could change all that
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Phat Bootyologist Posts: 40,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ehh, my homegirl bought a Wii U. We played it a few times. Now it's collecting dust. The Super Mario Bros. game she bought wit it...got bored.

Been a Nintendo fan since day one. But I must say they've disappointed me. Just b/c you're targeting a certain demographic, doesn't mean you gotta sacrifice the quality of the games. Until they start showing me something, I refuse to buy a Wii U. Not tryin to get hoodwinked like they did wit the Wii.
  • ocelotocelot Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭✭✭

Heard they're taking a lost still.
  • earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Posts: 16,419 Regulator
    Rayman origins just lost its Wii u exclusivity. Now its delayed and coming for Ps3 and 360 too. Makes sense, it sold better on the ps3 and 360 than it did on the Wii.
    Rayman legends*
  • KNiGHTSKNiGHTS Mr. Fifth Letter Your ConsciencePosts: 3,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They fucked up the branding. I honestly thought the Wii U was a HD controller add-on for the Wii proper. Didn't even realize it was supposed to be the successor until like a month ago.

Still, Nintendo's the only game company making money off just games.
    KINGEC
  • funkdocdamcfunkdocdamc Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    They fucked up the branding. I honestly thought the Wii U was a HD controller add-on for the Wii proper. Didn't even realize it was supposed to be the successor until like a month ago.

Still, Nintendo's the only game company making money off just games.

A lot of people did. Shoutout to the dumbasses at Walmart in Dundalk that were selling the Wii U for 119.99 because they thought it was the original Wii.
    earth two supermanRecaptimus_Prime360
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 51,627 Regulator
    Wii U is Nintendo's side hustle them dudes aint worried if that shit loses or not they always got the hand held gaming on lock
    Sion