Hip Hop Album Sales: The Week Ending 2/3/2013

AggyAFAggyAF Queen fi England haffi love (half) yardieZoo JerseyPosts: 26,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
#13. A$AP Rocky - Long.Live.A$AP - 25,000 (201,000) marching to gold?

#16. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - The Heist - 21,000 (313,000) white people support

#21. Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d city - 17,000 (693,000) [more than Cole?]

#33. T.I. - Trouble Man: Heavy Is The Head - 14,000 (359,000) gold?

#51. 2 Chainz - Based On A T.R.U. Story - 8,000 (523,000) truuuuuu

#54. Wiz Khalifa - O.N.F.I.C. - 7,500 (305,000) gold?

#68. Chief Keef - Finally Rich - 5,600 (117,000) good or bad?

#80. Game - Jesus Piece - 4,800 (187,000) 187 on a undercover flopppp

#81. Da’ T.R.U.T.H. - Love, Hope & War - 4,700 (4,800) who?

#97. Future - Pluto - 3,900 (266,000) strong sales

* data comes from Nielsen Soundscan, rounded to nearest thousandth for units above 10,000, nearest hundredth for units below 10,000.

CJsapp08_200132DaysOfInfinitiKINGEC

Replies

• LUClENLUClEN Sociologist and Logician OceaniaPosts: 17,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad Kendrick is selling the best
    Shocked to see 2chainz doing so well, I thought he was just the flavor of the week
    looks like he's got a real fan base though
  • bbkg79bbkg79 Posts: 473 ✭✭✭✭
    RodrigueZz wrote: »

I hope dude hits plat, and it looks like he will too!
    vslyke
  • AggyAFAggyAF Queen fi England haffi love (half) yardie Zoo JerseyPosts: 26,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bbkg79 wrote: »
    RodrigueZz wrote: »

I hope dude hits plat, and it looks like he will too!

he might be plat before the summer
  • DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CJ wrote: »
    That cracka macklemore is wack af

purpngold
  • AggyAFAggyAF Queen fi England haffi love (half) yardie Zoo JerseyPosts: 26,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ASAP has a few songs on LLA that could push it towards gold.
    same thing with t.i.'s album

rappers and labels need to keep pushing. it's like after the first week numbers come in they give up

hip hop has a weird obsession with first week sales. while they are important, overall sales are WAY more important

Katy Perry's album "One of the Boys" sold 47k albums, which in rap most would consider a flop. She went on to sell 1.5 mil in the US and 3 mil worldwide
    Ear2ThaSt
  • mike06mike06 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭

rappers and labels need to keep pushing. it's like after the first week numbers come in they give up

hip hop has a weird obsession with first week sales. while they are important, overall sales are WAY more important

Katy Perry's album "One of the Boys" sold 47k albums, which in rap most would consider a flop. She went on to sell 1.5 mil in the US and 3 mil worldwide

how long did that take though?...i agree there is a strange obsession about sales nowadays..Jay started it simply pointin out that we're up here wit the white folks too getting money...50 exploited it and bragged about it to make him seem more important...and Wayne just straight destroyed the benchmark wit Carter 3....becuz of that everyone(execs and artists) feels they have to hit it big off break to validate thier star power and worth(for thier next contract)

damn Game...wtf is wrong wit dude's marketing plan?...album was cool but considering he claims he's a "big artist" he should be selling more.

Wild Selfsapp08_2001
    mike06 wrote: »

how long did that take though?...i agree there is a strange obsession about sales nowadays..Jay started it simply pointin out that we're up here wit the white folks too getting money...50 exploited it and bragged about it to make him seem more important...and Wayne just straight destroyed the benchmark wit Carter 3....becuz of that everyone(execs and artists) feels they have to hit it big off break to validate thier star power and worth(for thier next contract)

damn Game...wtf is wrong wit dude's marketing plan?...album was cool but considering he claims he's a "big artist" he should be selling more.

game's album was pretty good.

it took katy perry 7 months
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 35,244 Regulator

Dude hasnt grown as an artist. Its always the same shit with him. Sorta the same thing with Luda, it was cool at first then it just starts sounding redundant. Not saying he makes bad music but you gotta grown with your fanbase.
    TheIraqsapp08_2001KINGEC
  • idoitforhiphop10idoitforhiphop10 Posts: 5,954 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep tellin ya niggas that Kendrick is gonna hit Platinum.
    Wild Self
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And to add to what Ice said the Game can't market his album for real when you have more features than tracks on your album. How do your sell yourself to your fans when you not really giving them a full project of your own.
    (Nope)

thats not bad..her single selection must've been on point...Game needs to take some notes...lol

sapp08_2001
  • I can't believe Game flopped like that, even though I don't support Game. I actually thought Jesus Piece was a pretty good album. Even though Chief Keef flopped too, I think he could possibly have a resurgence of sales if he drops another visual and pushes another one of the songs from his album as a single. His promotion for that album was terrible.

Dude hasnt grown as an artist. Its always the same shit with him. Sorta the same thing with Luda, it was cool at first then it just starts sounding redundant. Not saying he makes bad music but you gotta grown with your fanbase.

true but this was suppose to be a "concept album"...i mean i wasn't expecting him to put out a Jesus themed album this time out and i'd really have to listen to his other ones to contrast but you are right his format is still the same hot beats, features, 50 cent name check, and some gun shots and gang signs...lol
  • FyHunnitFyHunnit I'm Mad Posts: 9,365 ✭✭✭✭✭

This!!!!!
    KINGEC
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 11,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't believe this Macklemore faggot is about to sell more than Nas.
    Already Home_17DMTxTHCsapp08_2001Ear2ThaStKINGEC
  • Mr.LVMr.LV Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

thats not bad..her single selection must've been on point...Game needs to take some notes...lol

Katy Perry had that monster single "I kissed a girl" that shit was all over the radio.
  • rapmusicrapmusic Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    y'all are still worried about sales smh
    sapp08_2001
  • qawshunqawshun Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did nas reach 400,000
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    Did nas reach 400,000

-"As of January 13, 2013, Life Is Good has sold 349,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan."

wikipedia, so he proly around 360k sold
    bignormsapp08_2001
  • _Menace__Menace_ 4 MOD West.Side.CaliforniaPosts: 25,100 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoW

. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - The Heist - @ 313k?

hip hop lost
    TheIraqsapp08_2001KINGEC