College Basketall Is A Joke Nowadays

Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
So im watching games at the bar today and notice the sad excuse for basketball that was TCU vs Kansas and thinking really tho?

The Number 5 team in the country shot 29.5% from the field and lost to TCU. I get it i know its tough on the road in college basketball but loosing to TCU is embarassing. But overall watching college basketball on the weekends and following Uconn watching them play the big east its fucking terrible.
StewJameson_Porcupine
«134

Replies

  • Reggie80Reggie80 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it me but is there even a definative number 1 this year
  • 1of11of1 Posts: 37,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never liked Basketall. College or otherwise.
    KameWhoisDonG???purpngoldnj2089StoneColdMikeyTHIRDSUPREME
  • 1of11of1 Posts: 37,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ judging by that game.

    But over the past couple of years I've done the same in a sense. Butler got to the championship game and put such a terrible product on the floor. Brick city.

    Overall there is something about the flow of the games that really turns me off. And a lot of the close games and epic finishes are due to bad play/mistakes in crunch time by shook players who can't handle the press/pressure.
    goldenja
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 21,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baylor vs osu>>>
  • Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There isn't an elite team because of the balance in the game.
    The blue-bloods are no longer getting all the top recruits.
    And you combine that with basketball games having as many factors as they do.
    Factors such as an intimidating atmosphere.

    It's no surprise that there is no legit #1 this year.

    This is excatly why parody only works in the NFL in every other league or sport you need the big dogs to be big. But to me its also a commitment issue as well. The less players are staying in college the more scrubs are forced to be starters. While i can't knock niggas for taking their paycheck in the NBA if top notch players stayed longer and actually improved over offseasons in college they would help their long term game.

    At the same time you cant knock a nigga for leaving college ball early when 60% of your games are against bum ass teams and the crowds even for some top 25 are sparse and smaller than college football.
  • Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the one and done rule is actually hurting CBB more than helping...

    I completely agree but at the same time players that should hone thier game for 3 years are also delusionally leaving college. Again go ahead and get your money but at the same time niggas goin top 30 picks or 2nd round picks only to be shipped to d leauge or overseas. But had they worked on some shit over summers they coulda been an nba role player and had a longer nba career.

    The issue to me with college ball is there isn't an empasis on improving or the offseason. College football niggas start counting down the time till the next season hours after their teams bowl game. They also work on 40 times and improving skills year round. I think the lack of progress in a post game or shooting game between college games is hurting niggas more than the one and done rule.

    J. Will
  • Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ judging by that game.

    But over the past couple of years I've done the same in a sense. Butler got to the championship game and put such a terrible product on the floor. Brick city.

    Overall there is something about the flow of the games that really turns me off. And a lot of the close games and epic finishes are due to bad play/mistakes in crunch time by shook players who can't handle the press/pressure.

    @mostvigorousone there have been a few other college games where shit was looking like a hockey game 15 mins in score wise. Scores were so low i thought i was watching the fucking world cup and shit.
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance currently working on a Kansas City Shuffle NYCPosts: 30,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a college bball thread now lock this shit....
    infamous1141of1WhoisDonG???purpngold
  • O.G.O.G. THEY BETTER HAVE THEIR RIOT GEAR READY. Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    lose and losing has got to be the most misspelled words on the internet.


    Oh yeah, Go Georgetown.
    IamtheVILLE
  • detcatinvadetcatinva Posts: 8,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    college bball has been wack for years. i only follow michigan and michigan state. i dont get really into it until march. the skill level of these college players is so bad compared to the nba that i cant enjoy it
  • S2JS2J Posts: 21,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Well thats weird b/c just the night before Michigan vs OSU was one of the games of the year.

    Threads like this amuse me. you obviously not a fan of the game anyway

    If you a fan of the game...the game is the game, it will be interesting.

  • S2JS2J Posts: 21,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I havent even got into bball as much yet b/c of football, but I fuks w/ Michigan's squad. Trey Burke reminds me so much of AI at Gergetown (long arms, dribbling style,etc.)

    that dude Stauskas is a ill white boy Lol And Glenn Robinson jr is built like Lebron at 18 (II)
  • dc's teflondondc's teflondon Posts: 5,631 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that shits happens all the time in college basketball where a top team goes on the road and plays like shit against an inferior opponent
    infamous114So ILL
  • DR. JEKDR. JEK Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    It's cuz you watched the wrong game TS. Shoulda Watched my cousin playing on the Michigan State team living up to they potential vs The 18th ranked Minnesota Golden gophers and giving them guys the bizness
    goldenja
  • Lebong JamesLebong James Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    florida is gonna win it...minor speed bump against arkansas the other day
    goldenjaG.Avant
  • Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    It's cuz you watched the wrong game TS. Shoulda Watched my cousin playing on the Michigan State team living up to they potential vs The 18th ranked Minnesota Golden gophers and giving them guys the bizness

    @DR. JEK lol are you fucking kidding me son? Yall niggas won by 10 and lost to them earlier in the season!

    Im a uconn fan and our team sucks this year and we beat yall bum asses in the first game of the season! Yall only beat kansas (who lost to TCU) by a few and almost lost to boise state. I remember years ago the stacked michigan state team that beat uconn in the final 4 that team is miles ahead of any current college team and or the current team tom to the izzo got up there.
    DR. JEK
  • Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    florida is gonna win it...minor speed bump against arkansas the other day

    who the fuck have yall played that was tough? Arizona? Oh yall lost that game. Kansas State? Oh wait caught an L there. Your scheduele is a joke wait till yall leave the SEC and play real teams lmao.
  • Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Well thats weird b/c just the night before Michigan vs OSU was one of the games of the year.

    Threads like this amuse me. you obviously not a fan of the game anyway

    If you a fan of the game...the game is the game, it will be interesting.

    Ive been a fan of Uconn basketball since the late 90's ray allen days its all we have up here in CT. Im a fan of good basketball. But the talent in the sport has eroded its clear to see. I used to enjoy watching the ACC game of the week or a big 10 matchup but now the teams aren't as stacked and a paordy driven weak college basketball sucks.
    Attendance is down, ratings are down, so its not just me people overall are dissapointed with the product being put on the floor now.

  • MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped watching College Basketball in the late 90s shit has been trash for a while and I don't think having one and done players stay longer will make any difference. The College game is really slow paced and boring .
  • dc's teflondondc's teflondon Posts: 5,631 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped watching College Basketball in the late 90s shit has been trash for a while and I don't think having one and done players stay longer will make any difference. The College game is really slow paced and boring .

    i guess you just watch wisconsin and princeton games

    WhoisDonG???Cigarello SlimStoneColdMikey
  • Lebong JamesLebong James Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    florida is gonna win it...minor speed bump against arkansas the other day


    who the fuck have yall played that was tough? Arizona? Oh yall lost that game. Kansas State? Oh wait caught an L there. Your scheduele is a joke wait till yall leave the SEC and play real teams lmao.

    mizzou + wisconsin aint bad..and arizona was being dominated..they got lucky at the end and won by 1
  • DR. JEKDR. JEK Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    It's cuz you watched the wrong game TS. Shoulda Watched my cousin playing on the Michigan State team living up to they potential vs The 18th ranked Minnesota Golden gophers and giving them guys the bizness

    @DR. JEK lol are you fucking kidding me son? Yall niggas won by 10 and lost to them earlier in the season!

    Im a uconn fan and our team sucks this year and we beat yall bum asses in the first game of the season! Yall only beat kansas (who lost to TCU) by a few and almost lost to boise state. I remember years ago the stacked michigan state team that beat uconn in the final 4 that team is miles ahead of any current college team and or the current team tom to the izzo got up there.



    Dont act like that Uconn aberration was some murking like yall didn't just beat them by 4, what the fuck ya'll did since? Kansas had an off night but they still Kansas, they still ranked relatively high compared to you husky dogs so it was still a good win. That game last night shoulda been riveting considering like YOU SAID Minesota beat the Spartans earlier AND they ranked 18 so it's not like they beat some cupcake ass team. Holla at me on the 12th when my Cousin and the Spartans give the wolverines the bizness boy! I suppose a team like Uconn who's 9th in their fuckin conference right now wouldn't know nothing about beattin no tough competition nigga.
  • Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    It's cuz you watched the wrong game TS. Shoulda Watched my cousin playing on the Michigan State team living up to they potential vs The 18th ranked Minnesota Golden gophers and giving them guys the bizness

    @DR. JEK lol are you fucking kidding me son? Yall niggas won by 10 and lost to them earlier in the season!

    Im a uconn fan and our team sucks this year and we beat yall bum asses in the first game of the season! Yall only beat kansas (who lost to TCU) by a few and almost lost to boise state. I remember years ago the stacked michigan state team that beat uconn in the final 4 that team is miles ahead of any current college team and or the current team tom to the izzo got up there.



    Dont act like that Uconn aberration was some murking like yall didn't just beat them by 4, what the fuck ya'll did since? Kansas had an off night but they still Kansas, they still ranked relatively high compared to you husky dogs so it was still a good win. That game last night shoulda been riveting considering like YOU SAID Minesota beat the Spartans earlier AND they ranked 18 so it's not like they beat some cupcake ass team. Holla at me on the 12th when my Cousin and the Spartans give the wolverines the bizness boy! I suppose a team like Uconn who's 9th in their fuckin conference right now wouldn't know nothing about beattin no tough competition nigga.

    lol you just made my point for me. my point was that uconn sucks this year and your cousin fucked around and lost to uconn. that just shows you how weak the team is. there is a difference between kansas losing on the road to a unranked but decent team but TCU aint shit lol.

    The whole point of this thread is how weaker college baksetball teams are. Your cousin wouldn't have made the spartans team 10 years ago the way they have been stacked in the past. at the end of the day the once powers that be are falling 10 stories out the window back to mediocre lackluster mid majors and low ranked major conference teams. and its terrible basketball. I want to see more stacked teams like back in the day but it aint happening.
«134
Sign In or Register to comment.