Are you smart?

Are you smart to where your intelligence helps you navigate through life and rewards you or do you just know a lot of shit and yet you often find yourself struggling?

Replies

• ms.jones wrote: »
    Being smart and being intelligent are two vastly different concepts.

To answer the question, yes I am an intelligent person that possesses the mental capacity to navigate through life and cope with different issues or situations that may arise.
    I so really do have a good head game.
    JokerKing
  • Smarts kinda come from experience, intelligence is your potential and capacity. Some have intelligence but lack experiences and they limit them selves in this way. IMHO
    blacktux
  • Karl.Karl. Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ms.jones wrote: »

To answer the question, yes I am an intelligent person that possesses the mental capacity to navigate through life and cope with different issues or situations that may arise.

The ability to talk does not make you intelligent.
  • Ajackson17Ajackson17 God King Posts: 16,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intelligent and smart and wise.
  • shit happensshit happens Do She Got Dat ASS? she pathetic as fuck but I don't think that she knows though delusions of grandeurPosts: 8,871 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I'm stumped or at a loss for words I take a few shots of shug avery pee to get me back on track
    bubbaclot
  • ms.jonesms.jones Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karl. wrote: »

Of course not. The ability to grasp the concept of a question asked does, however.
    Ajackson17a.mannDWO
  • Billy_PonchoBilly_Poncho Fly solo like a fighter jet Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Intelligent, smart, and wise.

Fixed that for ya bauce...
    Ajackson17Already Home_17
  • a.manna.mann Posts: 17,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    me smart :-B
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • a.manna.mann Posts: 17,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013

Of course not. The ability to grasp the concept of a question asked does, however.

@Karl

she outsmarted you man!
    ms.jonesAjackson17DWO
  • MrSoutCityMrSoutCity Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am smart enough.
    MasterALFrank
  • KatKat Posts: 37,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CC_Will wrote: »
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Intelligent, smart, and wise.

Fixed that for ya bauce...

I believe they revised the grammar rule that requires a comma before the and.

So I think it would be "Intelligent, smart and wise".

I'm too lazy to google it though, so I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Anywhos, I think I'm pretty smart.
    MARIO_DROAjackson17Trollio vince_vince
  • Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious Posts: 26,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Intelligent, smart, and wise"
    According to my style guide...
    Parallel
  • KatKat Posts: 37,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    No homo @ having a style guide.

lol

Edit - I already googled it. Apparently academically the comma is still pretty much required, but editorially they don't use the comma before the and. You should probably continue using it just in case.
    Meta_Conscious700DWOTrollio vince_vince
  • Es-BeeEs-Bee 2nd coming Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    thanks to the internet, everybody thinks they're smart and/or intelligent

I think most self proclaimed smart and/or intelligent are just people with good memories

The real smart and/or intelligent people are the problem solvers and innovators
    bubbaclotCP203CashmoneyDuxvince_vince
  • 7figz7figz Ig'nant Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never thought I was exceptional until I compared myself to other people.
    Ajackson17
    edited February 2013
    a.mann wrote: »

@Karl

she outsmarted you man!

Lol it was just a quote from Star Wars that popped into my head when I read the thread.

Nah I ain't no Star Wars nerd.

Her post is relevant to most humans so I didn't really want to give it a genuine response.
    I know that but I like the continous and's, I like to speak how I talk on black forums. Anyway, I problem solve and a conceptual person and very imaginative and creative.
  • 700700 I just want the money baby, I just want the money Plap City, FLAPosts: 10,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think i used to be, i done got dumb over the years since i dropped out of college
    Karl.bubbaclotAjackson17almighty breeze
    What I'm saying is... You have to be stupid as fuck to give this thread a "thought out" response.
    international
  • DWODWO ♪♫♪ I was down 40, now I'm up 50. Posts: 50,633 Regulator
    edited February 2013
    i'm smart enough to know i ain't all that smart...
    7007figz
  • hueyhuey Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, remember there are different types of areas where you might be smart doesn't have to be all in one area. Really all humans are smart just in different ways.
    Katohhhla
  • blacktuxblacktux Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not very smart though i am very intelligent.

My lil brother though, one of the smartest dudes i know. But not the least bit intellectual.

Being smart has to do with just knowing how to do shit, if someone handed you some random device with no instructions could you figure it out in good time? If so, you would be a smart person.

If you know a lot of shit through lessons, researching etc you are intelligent.