The 2010-2011 Nets vs 2010-2011 Knicks

eyes loweyes low Posts: 3,123
edited July 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
They didnt get no big names but its not that bad. They also didnt over pay bosh,joe johnson,boozer,lee,amare,gay all of them are getting paid the same as or more than durant and none are anywhere near as good as him. Back to my nets they picked up outlaw, and johan petro so far offered morrow a contract hopefully the warriors dont match and they are still going after haslem and scola. They still need a back up pg not sure who theyre looking right now. They got williams who i think theyre trying to use as a combo guard hes been killing summer league like hes suppose to. I think the nets can make some noise this season

Right now the lineup looks like this
Harris
Williams
James
Favors( But if they get haslem or scola they will start)
Lopez

with morrow,lee,outlaw,petro,humphries

Its a solid team everyone said they lost this offseason i dont think so sure they didnt make a giant splash but they got some nice pieces

Replies

• MrJRMrJR Posts: 5,658
    edited July 2010
    Wtf first Dwayne Wade legacy now a thread about The Nets this shit got to stop the russian nigga better sell the nets fast cause hes gonna be losing money
  • 5th Letter5th Letter Posts: 23,701
    edited July 2010
    eyes low wrote: »
    They didnt get no big names but its not that bad. They also didnt over pay bosh,joe johnson,boozer,lee,amare,gay all of them are getting paid the same as or more than durant and none are anywhere near as good as him. Back to my nets they picked up outlaw, and johan petro so far offered morrow a contract hopefully the warriors dont match and they are still going after haslem and scola. They still need a back up pg not sure who theyre looking right now. They got williams who i think theyre trying to use as a combo guard hes been killing summer league like hes suppose to. I think the nets can make some noise this season

Right now the lineup looks like this
    Harris
    Williams
    James
    Favors( But if they get haslem or scola they will start)
    Lopez

with morrow,lee,outlaw,petro,humphries

Its a solid team everyone said they lost this offseason i dont think so sure they didnt make a giant splash but they got some nice pieces

I didn't know the Nets signed Petro? That's a solid pickup he's not a star or anything but he brings toughness and is a solid finisher inside. If we get Morrow that would be ill, he would be an upgrade over C lee. Scola is cool and all but I would rather Favors start and develop than have anyone take significant minutes away from him.
  • Datdude87Datdude87 Posts: 3,679
    edited July 2010
    they'll win 13+ games...lol thats a foregone conclusion but 4real they'll b a solid team. i dont c playoffs yet but maybe late 20's perhaps.
  • bigb86bigb86 Posts: 5,780
    edited July 2010
    MrJR wrote: »
    Wtf first Dwayne Wade legacy now a thread about The Nets this shit got to stop the russian nigga better sell the nets fast cause hes gonna be losing money

33dkryq.jpg
    . .
  • Chi-Town BullyChi-Town Bully Posts: 12,712
    edited July 2010
    The nets have a nice young squad, they not making the playoffs next season but i think they can win 30-35 games
  • Datdude87Datdude87 Posts: 3,679
    edited July 2010
    bigb86 wrote: »
    33dkryq.jpg
    . .

the funniest part about this is...im watchin that episode right now. dat nigga said dat shit EXTRA serious.
  • Tommy BillfigerTommy Billfiger Posts: 3,809
    edited July 2010
    Last year they won 12 this year they'll win 29
  • MillzOGMillzOG Posts: 10,085
    edited July 2010
    aye that lineup you posted is wrong son dunnie, its gonna be Harris, Williams, Outlaw, Favors (unless they get Haslem or Scola like you said) and Lopez

But, no way they sign Outlaw to a 5 year 35million deal to have him come off the bench....they'll be much improved, but they gotta get rid of Harris, Avery Johnson dont want that nigga.
    edited July 2010
    MrJR wrote: »

PaidinFullgif1.gif

go back to GnS with that bullshit, this a good thread here.
    edited July 2010
    PaidinFullgif1.gif

go back to GnS with that bullshit, this a good thread here.

ROFL when that gif is used right shit is hilarious
  • alliedallied Posts: 2,806
    edited July 2010
    The offseason for the Nets was a disaster anyone who says anything else is in denial. I think they'll improve but that will be maybe 29-35 wins. And that's not good considering the owner's standards now. To be honest I really don't know where the Nets are headed now with Rob Thorn stepping down.
  • Tommy BillfigerTommy Billfiger Posts: 3,809
    edited July 2010
    The real question is who gonna win more games nets or knicks
  • KeepOnPushingKeepOnPushing Posts: 17,475
    edited July 2010
    LMAO at That Nigga Saying "Russian Owner better Sell the Nets Fast cause he's gonna be losing Money"

THAT NIGGA IS A FUCKIN BILLIONAIRE!! ....Lmao....that Nigga Cant even spend all his damn money in his own lifetime or his kids lifetime...

SMH
  • Chi-Town BullyChi-Town Bully Posts: 12,712
    edited July 2010

I think the nets will, in my opinion the knicks got worse
    edited July 2010
    allied wrote: »
    The offseason for the Nets was a disaster anyone who says anything else is in denial. I think they'll improve but that will be maybe 29-35 wins. And that's not good considering the owner's standards now. To be honest I really don't know where the Nets are headed now with Rob Thorn stepping down.

the offseason wasnt a disaster, who REALLY thought they were gonna get Lebron or Wade or somebody like that? They won 12 games last year, and they're young players have gotten better, they drafted a Power Forward that might be a 16/12 guy in the NBA 1 day, and they got a good coach in Avery Johnson. The Owner did put mad extra pressure by makin the billboard and shit, but the fact that they're gonna be may better is a win.

With Rod Thorn, I'm sure theres gonna be GM's lining up to take that job, they got talent on the team with a Owner thats willing to spend money...I wouldnt be surprised to see Kevin Pritchard there (even though he should try and buy the Thunders GM out of Oklahoma City with a huge offer)
    edited July 2010
    i think Terrance Williams will Have a great year, that guy has a ton of ability , when he was getting minutes he was filling up stats across the board with pt's, rebounds, assist...

dude has some real talent.
    edited July 2010

you made me change the thread title for that...

Knicks are definitely gon win more games then them..and lmao @ the knicks "getting worse", thats ridiculous

We had like 7 guys in the rotation last year, this year they have Depth and the starting 5 is most likely gon be Felton, Chandler, Galo, Randolph, and Amare. then off the bench they got Azuibuke, Turiaf, and a bunch of shooters...maybe Tmac decides to come back to NY for another year (unless Miami or a team like that tries to get him)

thats a good team right there that can get into the playoffs or at least be in contention for it
    i think Terrance Williams will Have a great year, that guy has a ton of ability , when he was getting minutes he was filling up stats across the board with pt's, rebounds, assist...

dude has some real talent.

I was sayin that last year, that nigga was actually my pick for Rookie of the Year (because I thought he would get big minutes as a rookie)
    edited July 2010
    I think the nets will, in my opinion the knicks got worse

I want you to explain this to me. And don't play that "David Lee is better than Amare" bullshit.
    edited July 2010
    ayo knick fans whats the take on Gallo. I never watch the knick games unless my lakers are playing them. Dude is a good shooter but seems slow on defense and can penetrate (nh) to the basket that good. Is he really going to blossom or be just a spot up shooter? (nothing wrong with that but for 8th pick I believe thats kind of a waste of a pick)
    edited July 2010
    ayo knick fans whats the take on Gallo. I never watch the knick games unless my lakers are playing them. Dude is a good shooter but seems slow on defense and can penetrate (nh) to the basket that good. Is he really going to blossom or be just a spot up shooter? (nothing wrong with that but for 8th pick I believe thats kind of a waste of a pick)

He can be a 17 or 18 ppg scorer.....he's got good ability.
    edited July 2010

I always thought that with a superstar on the team Gallo could be the next coming of peja stojakovic. But the Knicks don't have that. So he's going to have to get his points off pick and rolls and spot ups. But dude is a great shooter. And he really seem so want to get better and isn't afaiid of going up against a Melo or someone else. Gallo only 21 so he hasn't gotten close to his potential.
    edited July 2010
    And nah the Knicks didnt get "Worse' they got Amare, he'll get his same stats in that system, Felton is Far better than Corny ass Duhon ....Wilson Chandler has ability and his ppg have went up each year, and Gallo is a nice young player

AL harrington can score............Problem with the team is Horrid team defense, and thats what happens when u have that coach.....they'll be better, i dont see how they wont be a little better...but if u dont play defense then u just beg'n for L's
    edited July 2010
    And nah the Knicks didnt get "Worse' they got Amare, he'll get his same stats in that system, Felton is Far better than Corny ass Duhon ....Wilson Chandler has ability and his ppg have went up each year, and Gallo is a nice young player

AL harrington can score............Problem with the team is Horrid team defense, and thats what happens when u have that coach.....they'll be better, i dont see how they wont be a little better...but if u dont play defense then u just beg'n for L's

This is a make or break year for Dantoni. My opinion he was only here cause of his realtionship with the big 3 at the olympics and now that has gotten the Knicks nothing. Either he makes the playoffs or it's bye-bye cause then he would be on his last year and it don't make no sense to have a lame duck coach.
  • eyes loweyes low Posts: 3,123
    edited July 2010
    aye that lineup you posted is wrong son dunnie, its gonna be Harris, Williams, Outlaw, Favors (unless they get Haslem or Scola like you said) and Lopez

But, no way they sign Outlaw to a 5 year 35million deal to have him come off the bench....they'll be much improved, but they gotta get rid of Harris, Avery Johnson dont want that nigga.

idk i think james might get the start over him bc hes a better defender. And to the guy that said it was a disaster i dont see how we were the worst team int he nba last year what shot did the nets really have in getting james or wade. I like what theyre doing now taking the thunder approach build on young players. If they can get morrow it makes the nets so different bc him and outlaw can really space the floor for lopez and harris. I think one other thing is sam mitchell he helped develop kg and bosh i think he will be great for lopez and favors
    edited July 2010
    On that Whole Team i Like Best Wilson Chandler and Gallo.....i think Both of them have some Real Legit Skills .....Wilson just gets inconsistent at times , same with Gallo, but there Mad young, but wilson has got'n better every year first he averaged 7ppg, next year 14 ppg, then last year 15 ppg ......