What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Can an Xbox make you into a Pro Driver? no? well the PS3 can....3itches...

Black_SamsonBlack_Samson do 10 pushups everytime you read my post... you know you want too.Posts: 61,592 Regulator
Since it launched in 2008, Nissan's GT Academy has repeatedly done something previously thought to be absurd and unrealistic: It has taken people who are really, really good at Gran Turismo and put them in the seats of actual race cars. Look at Spaniard Lucas Ordoñez, who successfully went from gamer to pro driver through the program.

But now the latest crop of GT Academy winners have run into a bit of a roadblock on their path to real-life racing glory: They won't be allowed to compete in this year's British GT Championship, according to GT Planet. Why? Because they're too damned fast, that's why.

A little backstory: Last year, GT Academy winner Jann Mardenborough and his partner, pro driver Alex Buncombe, came very close to winning the British GT's Pro-Am class in their Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3. That class is supposed to have non-professional "gentleman drivers" (in this case, Mardenborough) who are expected to be slower than the pros. But Mardenborough wasn't — he was on par the guys who have been doing it professionally for years. Yes, Gran Turismo can make you THAT good.

On this basis, the promoters of the British GT have denied entry to four GT Academy drivers, saying that they're essentially too good to fit into the pro driver/gentleman driver setup. Here's what GT Planet quoted series manager Benjamin Franassovici as saying:

[GT Academy] has shown itself to be a great way to source raw talent and turn that into real racing talent as we saw in British GT last year with Jann Mardenborough. However Nissan's ability to find such amazing raw talent means that we cannot accept their full season entry for British GT in 2013. Their new recruits have very little racing experience so they have to be on the lowest performance grade. Their talent, going on Jann's speed last year, doesn't reflect this lack of experience so it is not fair to put them up against our Pro/Gentleman grid, the basis of British GT3.

Bummer for those guys. But don't worry — even if they can't race in the British GT, there are other series they will be expected to compete in this year.

Photo credit Nissan

Hat tip to Alex!
if i were an FBI Agent tasked with monitoring a forum, I'd post random pictures and watch the reactions of the people.
j3xxbrubogcz1kewbepy.gif

Você é um otário. Zé buceta. Vai tomar no meio do seu cu. Filho da puta. Arrombado
King Of The Onomatopoeia
joshuaboyVIBELUClENKINGOFDAARCADE

Replies

• Karl.Karl. Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    inb4 '360 owners are busy playing games and have no need to drive'
    61JbxfhIQ%2BL._SS500_.jpg
    genocidecutterLUClEN
  • joshuaboyjoshuaboy Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    inb4 '360 owners are busy playing games and have no need to drive'

They don't have cars
    VIBELUClEN
  • VIBEVIBE Posts: 54,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, 360 users have Razor scooter that do that spark up shit.
    Black_SamsonLUClEN
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson do 10 pushups everytime you read my post... you know you want too. Posts: 61,592 Regulator
    where @focus at?!?!
    if i were an FBI Agent tasked with monitoring a forum, I'd post random pictures and watch the reactions of the people.
    j3xxbrubogcz1kewbepy.gif

Você é um otário. Zé buceta. Vai tomar no meio do seu cu. Filho da puta. Arrombado
    King Of The Onomatopoeia
  • Aristo_V300Aristo_V300 Toyota/Lexus Enthusiast Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's cool and all but Gran Turismo 5 is trash... the cars don't even sound like cars.
    PlumpGracefulAdouri.gif
    NearMarriedHoopoe.gif
    genocidecutterKarl.LUClENvageneral08iKingGodGivBiz
    So you don't need any skill? The PS3 will just "make" you in to a pro driver?
  • earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    you drive on the wrong side of the road Karl. All the PS3s in the world wont make you into a pro driver.
    61JbxfhIQ%2BL._SS500_.jpg
    LUClENVIBEKarl.
  • LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Posts: 20,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread delivered.

Here's a pic of the gamer turned racer

5841940886_69a5e7f219_o.jpg

Iono why but i expected it to be an asian dude
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher
    Black_SamsonSioniKingGodGivBiz
    you drive on the wrong side of the road Karl. All the PS3s in the world wont make you into a pro driver.

Hey I drive on the same side of the road too ..... lol
    earth two superman
    Where GT5 doesn't have the polish, sounds and presentation of Forza, it does have the best driving physics of any sim. That has not been disputed. Many pro racers attest to this, including Sebastian Vettel.
  • KINGOFDAARCADEKINGOFDAARCADE Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    360 faggots can't afford a real car. They wasted all their money on Xbox Live subscriptions.
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Where GT5 doesn't have the polish, sounds and presentation of Forza, it does have the best driving physics of any sim. That has not been disputed. Many pro racers attest to this, including Sebastian Vettel.

I didn't know Forza had better sound and graphics. Racers don't really interest me.
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 51,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson do 10 pushups everytime you read my post... you know you want too. Posts: 61,592 Regulator
    plain and simple... Xbox has that bullshit Fisher Price steering wheel...

PS3 has the ability to accept many different types of wheels...
    j3xxbrubogcz1kewbepy.gif

King Of The Onomatopoeia
  • Melanin_Enriched Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh, i don't play wack ass driving games.
    *Top 5 background poster*
    Started fucking with photoshop
    superstarcole.gif
    don''t get mad...

this just where that line between "real gamer" and Real Gamer is now longer obscured.
    Vesaro_Racing_Simulation_Rig_Photo_13.jpg
    racing_simulator_cockpit_gtpro_g27_front_1.jpg
    plst-wrc-gt5-rear-web-FINAL.jpg
    sim-racer.jpg

i mean.... yall got steel battalion...
    j3xxbrubogcz1kewbepy.gif

King Of The Onomatopoeia
    Sion
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    don''t get mad...

this just where that line between "real gamer" and Real Gamer is now longer obscured.
    Vesaro_Racing_Simulation_Rig_Photo_13.jpg
    racing_simulator_cockpit_gtpro_g27_front_1.jpg
    plst-wrc-gt5-rear-web-FINAL.jpg
    sim-racer.jpg

i mean.... yall got steel battalion...

Damn, playing Burnout in that shit would be GOAT.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

m63Y62.gif
    Black_SamsonSion
    i believe this is whats commonly referred too as a "bitch slapping"...
    j3xxbrubogcz1kewbepy.gif

King Of The Onomatopoeia
    edited February 2013
    If anyone has one of those in their house they should hang themselves pronto.
    Black_Samson
    Karl. wrote: »
    If anyone has one of those in their house they should hang themselves pronto.

word. Cause maintaining a race car is cheaper. All that Shit needs is a box fan to simulate wind and it will be straight.
    j3xxbrubogcz1kewbepy.gif

King Of The Onomatopoeia
    Karl.
  • Melanin_Enriched Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So niggas spending an extra $300 dollars so they can pretend they are driving a race car? Shit is as sad as those mexicans that buy fake lambos.
    *Top 5 background poster*
    Started fucking with photoshop
    superstarcole.gif
    Karl.
    Vaas wrote: »
    So niggas spending an extra $300 dollars so they can pretend they are driving a race car? Shit is as sad as those mexicans that buy fake lambos.
    what does a base model 360 come with?

oh thats right... less than a wii...

FACE.
    j3xxbrubogcz1kewbepy.gif

King Of The Onomatopoeia
    Vaas wrote: »
    what does a base model 360 come with?

oh thats right... less than a wii...

FACE.

The current base model 360 has built in wifi.
    Wii doesn't have a DVD player.

FACE.
    vageneral08