THE GRAMMY AWARDS THREAD (Does NaS FINALLY take one HOME???)

Replies

• jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *shrugs* the grammys are a popularity contest, it would be nice for him to win one...I'm sure it'll mean something to HIM but to me as a Nas fan it doesn't matter that much. Its not going to validate anything.

I expect Kanye & Drake them types to actually win...they always win.
    buttuh_bDisciplined InSightrip.dilla
  • andre_1024andre_1024 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm cheering for Nas, I think it's crazy he has never won one..that being said, I think he'll come up short again..

His best chance is winning with Amy Winehouse imo..who knows, maybe they'll throw him a pity one..
    Chase N Bundlez
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I been said Drake is gonna win album of the year.
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why niggas scared to name names?

These pussies talkin bout us doggy. Fuck it, you know I'm always down to kill a camel carcus for my e-braveheart family!
    [Deleted User]Disciplined InSightrip.dillaNah Sontexasdaking88idoitforhiphop10
  • _Menace__Menace_ 4 MOD West.Side.CaliforniaPosts: 24,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nas Nominated 4times...

I'd be happy if he wins at least one
  • ROZAYTABERNACLEROZAYTABERNACLE Posts: 17,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    biggie-et-tupac-2002-02-g.jpg

Biggie Grammy Nods:

Big Poppa (Lost to Gangster's Paradise)
    Hypnotize (Lost To Men In Black)
    Mo money, Mo Problems (Lost To Missing You)
    Life After Death (Lost To No Way Out)

Tupac Grammy Nods

Dear Mamma (Lost To Gangster's Paradise)
    Me Against The World (Lost To Poverty's Paradise, Naughty By Nature)
    All Eyes On Me (Lost To The Score, Fuguees)
    How Do You Want It (Lost To Hey Lover)
    California Love (Lost To Crossroads)
    Changes (Lost To My Name Is)

ZERO WINS. Tell me why Pac and Big didn't get one Grammy? Interesting Grammy Fact. Biggie and Tupac both got their 1st nominations in the same catagory but lost to Coolio's Gangster's Paradise.

To be fair though....Gangster's Paradise is Coolio's best song. He wasn't gonna get anymore of those songs in is career lol
    idoitforhiphop10blackgod813
  • mr.octobermr.october Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    The roots winning album of the yr maybe nas idk but for sure he ain't winning vs ye n hov n yeah if gmkc was eligible the way critics n fans latched on to that album no way anyone would've stood a chance
  • hiphop12345hiphop12345 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn @ drake only being in the 3-4 years and having almost as many noms as snoop and nas though. They've been in the game like 20 years.

Being of Jewish heritage has it's privileges.

As soon as everyone realizes that's part of the reason he gets so much hype...

The only thing him being Jewish has done was it allowed him to bring his own unique perspective to the game.
  • Siqnih Da TrapperSiqnih Da Trapper Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol yall kno Drake taking home best rap album! in hip hop the award goes to the most popular and mainstream success, but as i notice in other genre's the unknown wins way more than hip hop
    Already Home_17idoitforhiphop10
  • ROZAYTABERNACLEROZAYTABERNACLE Posts: 17,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn @ drake only being in the 3-4 years and having almost as many noms as snoop and nas though. They've been in the game like 20 years.

Being of Jewish heritage has it's privileges.

As soon as everyone realizes that's part of the reason he gets so much hype...

The only thing him being Jewish has done was it allowed him to bring his own unique perspective to the game.

lol what has he rapped about that is strictly from a jewish perspective? I can't think of anything he's said that made me say "damn...only a jewish rapper could rap about that"
    nj2089miamivice305Bodhi
  • Agrv2385Agrv2385 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭
    he damn sure better win one. he put out a great album. if this doesn't get him one nothing will. best duo or best rap album should be his.
  • FlashHexFlashHex Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    Even after being snubbed all these years, I think the award still means a lot to Nas. He deserves to be respected on the highest level.
  • FlashHexFlashHex Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    Yeah winning a Grammy is prestigious in the sense of being a musician, but speaking for Hip-Hop they usually don't get it right so when cats get snubbed it's like ehhh whatever. But back to Nas if he comes up short I don't think we'll look back on his career, frown, and say "He's great but he didn't win a Grammy".

That's true. Nas doesn't need a Grammy. He's one of the greatest no matter what. I'm sure he'll appreciate winning though.
  • rip.dillarip.dilla Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Indifferent.

Nas is still one of the greatest musician in Hip Hop.

Spoiler:
    ohhhla
  • Mr.LVMr.LV Posts: 9,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    Wait.........Hold the fuck up.... My Name Is beat Changes for a grammy??? we talking about
    "Hi kids! Do you like violence?
    Wanna see me stick Nine Inch Nails through each one of my eyelids?" over
    "And still I see no changes. Can't a brother get a little peace?
    There's war on the streets & the war in the Middle East."
    kanye-blank-stare.gif
    jeremy-piven-gtfo.gif

I can't not fuck with the Grammys fuck em fuck em.