THE GRAMMY AWARDS THREAD (Does NaS FINALLY take one HOME???)

Replies

• ROZAYTABERNACLEROZAYTABERNACLE Posts: 17,951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    waterproof wrote: »
    No one can convey the hatred for Eminem quite like Gee. I vote he be unbanned.....when Eminem's new album is released. CHUUUUCH!

you strong jaw she-men bitch you, i bet you got cucumbers on your eyes with shit on your face, towel wrap on your head, cotton between your toes in a night gown, eating butterless popcorn with your mother watching the grammys on some ohh girl you see what she's wearing

I laughed at the last bit, but really that was a terrible setup to a decent punchline. but you better watch before I bust your strong she-men bitch jaw and they have you out here lookin like kanye west after his accident.
    waterproof
  • Mr.LVMr.LV Posts: 9,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My beautiful dark twisted fantasy did not get nominated for album of the year and garnered universal acclaim from reviewers.
    StoneColdMikey
  • waterproofwaterproof Conqueror of Self On The Road to ZionPosts: 9,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    waterproof wrote: »
    No one can convey the hatred for Eminem quite like Gee. I vote he be unbanned.....when Eminem's new album is released. CHUUUUCH!

you strong jaw she-men bitch you, i bet you got cucumbers on your eyes with shit on your face, towel wrap on your head, cotton between your toes in a night gown, eating butterless popcorn with your mother watching the grammys on some ohh girl you see what she's wearing

I laughed at the last bit, but really that was a terrible setup to a decent punchline. but you better watch before I bust your strong she-men bitch jaw and they have you out here lookin like kanye west after his accident.

you soft bitch your father owns a black eye pea cd, fuck outta here
  • georgia boigeorgia boi Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nas winning a Grammy doesn't mean anything from the perspective of a fan. The best thing that could come out of him getting a win or multiple wins are:

1) possible Lost Tapes and/or new album since the label may want to capitalize off of the hype. Sometimes artists see sales boost of the album that the award winning music is from. That said, labels sometimes capitalize off of it with new material in some form.

2) He could possibly get bigger budgets for his albums and become a more sought after featured artist

3) He could probably charge more than he already does for a feature.

As a fan, the possibility of #1 on the list is why it's a big deal if he wins.
    rip.dillaValentinez A. Kaiser
  • Breezy_KilroyBreezy_Kilroy Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see him winning best rap album though it will be tough over Drake and the Roots though. I honestly think he will walk away with one this year, at least.
  • Valentinez A. KaiserValentinez A. Kaiser Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    realistically, I can only see him winning best rap/sung category for "cherry wine".

Hopefully he wins best rap album, but somehow I see that going to Drake for "take care".
    Solitary Soldier
  • L.O.S.T.L.O.S.T. Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the roots undun wins album of the year
  • supergangstersupergangster Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    I think Nas gonna win if not fck the system. Then they only like mainstream rappers like Jay Z Eminem, Lil Wayne, Kanye West
    PK_TK_187ROZAYTABERNACLE
  • Mr.LVMr.LV Posts: 9,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    L.O.S.T. wrote: »
    Mumford or Taylor swift is winning album of the year.

• L.O.S.T.L.O.S.T. Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    L.O.S.T. wrote: »
    Mumford or Taylor swift is winning album of the year.
    I meant rap album of the year

• Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious Hypocrite The BashmentPosts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope he doesnt get one... the Grammy's r wack and dont mean shit to hip hop...
    rip.dilla
    lol @ The Roots winning. They're even more underrated than Nas. Only way they might win is with any connections they've developed from being Jimmy Fallon's house band.
  • Jeremyiahest83Jeremyiahest83 Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    lol @ The Roots winning. They're even more underrated than Nas. Only way they might win is with any connections they've developed from being Jimmy Fallon's house band.

Only reason I got the Roots winning is cause at award shows the obvious choice is never the winner it's always the least expected.
    And_So_It_Burns
  • rapmastermindrapmastermind Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People bringing up Drake's nods. He hasn't been in the game that long. NaS and yes even Snoop deserve a Grammy win over Drake. The biggest issue with the Grammy's is that whoever votes clearly doesn't listen to Hip Hop all the way through cause it seems they only look at the charts and pick albums and songs from that. With that said, some Hip Hop gems have slipped though and even won. It's not a perfect science but it would be better if more people that actually listened to Hip Hop voted on these awards.
    PK_TK_187idoitforhiphop10StoneColdMikeySolitary SoldierValentinez A. Kaiser

Only reason I got the Roots winning is cause at award shows the obvious choice is never the winner it's always the least expected.

"The Roots" are a sleeper cause they are a little more mainstream now being on Falon's show. Also they've won 4 Grammy's including 3 Last year with the John Legend project. I think NaS walks home with 2 awards. This is his night.

• starvinstarvin Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if Nas won a grammy
    People bringing up Drake's nods. He hasn't been in the game that long. NaS and yes even Snoop deserve a Grammy win over Drake. The biggest issue with the Grammy's is that whoever votes clearly doesn't listen to Hip Hop all the way through cause it seems they only look at the charts and pick albums and songs from that. With that said, some Hip Hop gems have slipped though and even won. It's not a perfect science but it would be better if more people that actually listened to Hip Hop voted on these awards.

I don't think they deserve a win over drake because they've been in the game longer. Someone like Nas deserves it because his album was good. Now if Snoop can drop another good album then yeah, maybe he'll deserve one too.
  • Nubian11Nubian11 Posts: 76
    edited February 2013
    edited February 2013

I don't think they deserve a win over drake because they've been in the game longer. Someone like Nas deserves it because his album was good. Now if Snoop can drop another good album then yeah, maybe he'll deserve one too.

It's not just how long they've been in the game though. NaS and Snoop have released quality music during their career that was nominated but not given a win by the Grammy's. Drake is still new and fresh but NaS and Snoop got stripes. I wouldn't be mad if both of them ended up getting their 1st Grammy's tonight. It's just "Young, Wild, Free" is against stuff competition. NaS got 4 nods so that's 4 chances. NaS actually got more nominations than Drake did.