New J. Cole "Truly Yours", 1st single due this week

DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
It’s time.

I appreciate you giving me the time I needed to grow, experiment, and find the direction for my 2nd album.. And I have.
Along the way I’ve recorded at least 4 albums worth of material, lots of it being unfinished demo versions waiting to be polished up, some of them are great songs and important stories that just won’t make the album (either they don’t fit Sonically, don’t fit Theme, or there’s just not enough space) .

Tonight, I want to give you a few of these songs because you deserve them. It’s hard as fuck for me to keep all this music from you for so long, so I know it’s been hard for you to wait. Thank you for your patience. Vibe out to these songs in their raw form, no polish.. just a lot of my soul..

The wait is over.

Truly Yours,

Born Sinner

Truly Yours

PS- 1st single coming this week. The album is hands down my best work yet. Can’t wait to share.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mwksdy
CJAggyAF5th LetterIceBergTayloridoitforhiphop10t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088Already Home_17TheRicanKing

Replies

• DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh shit, it's actually 5 songs.
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's stupid trying to drop a single right after Drake. No one's gonna care.
    CJGhostdenithegawdAggyAFinfamous1145th Lettersoul rattlerFyHunnitIceBergTaylorMrCrookedLetteridoitforhiphop10texas409Already Home_17rip.dilla
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This dude stay ruining great songs on his intros. Erykah Badu on his last tape, now Lauryn.
    idoitforhiphop10lookdudetexas409
  • nj2089nj2089 Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wait i thought miss america was the first single?
  • CJCJ Posts: 12,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let the hate begin
    BobOblahMeester
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 35,631 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nj2089 wrote: »
    wait i thought miss america was the first single?

I think when he says single he means the radio shit. It's the LL Cool J formula (1 street shit then follow it up with the radio joint)
    edited February 2013
    J Cole has improved as a producer but it still think he comes off as too righteous content wise, he needs to balance it out with some ratchetness (bangers). His production is too linear imo, dude needs some bangers imo. Can't believe this dude turned down beats from Hit-Boy, and put all those mediocre beats on his debut album.
    Ghostdenithegawd5th LetterStoneColdMikey
  • GSonIIGSonII Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭✭
    Cole has some memorable songs but he is quite forgettable unless making hits. I am rooting for him in some ways though. He just needs to make sure he makes 3 or 4 hits per album if he wants to stay true to just spitting what he feels for the most part.
    Already Home_17
  • aladdin1978aladdin1978 Poo Poo Jenkins- pronounced Pow POW West coastin'Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This nigga looks like Jared Dudley of the phoenix suns. That's why I don't fuck with Cole.
    Ether away
    lookdudetexas409buttuh_bidoitforhiphop10rip.dillaRubato Garcia
  • fortyacres&amulefortyacres&amule wubalubadubdub Posts: 15,065 Regulator
    Cole stays trynna save these no account baby mommas on his records
  • DNB1DNB1 If ya see a bag of weed on the floor mufukka, what the fuck you gon do? Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't download via mobile?

Joints must be on YouTube...can someone up them?

Thanks in advance, in case anyone cares bout DNB1 J.Cole stannary
  • GhostdenithegawdGhostdenithegawd Up from da 36 chambers HarlemPosts: 8,091 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This nigga looks like Jared Dudley of the phoenix suns. That's why I don't fuck with Cole.
    Ether away

jiFfM.jpg
    soul rattler
  • ohhhlaohhhla Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind homo shit is that?

I don't fuck with J. Cole because he's ass.

Not because he looks like a NBA player.
    andre_1024rip.dillaiKingGodGivBiz
  • Jeremyiahest83Jeremyiahest83 Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    J Cole has improved as a producer but it still think he comes off as too righteous content wise, he needs to balance it out with some ratchetness (bangers). His production is too linear imo, dude needs some bangers imo. Can't believe this dude turned down beats from Hit-Boy, and put all those mediocre beats on his debut album.

Niggas don't wanna learn SHIT. You want ratchet? Maury is on every damn day, tune in.
    GhostdenithegawdMrCrookedLetterchiyosuke
  • CJCJ Posts: 12,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

Niggas don't wanna learn SHIT. You want ratchet? Maury is on every damn day, tune in.

You must be new

LOL when i say ratchet i mean like what Pac use to do.

For every Dear Mamma, Keep your head up, Changes,etc there is a How do you want it, Ambitionz as a ridah, Toss it up.

Nobody wants to be beaten over the head with message raps all the time.
  • KameKame Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked his take on Lauryn Hill`s In Zion but everything else is kinda boring
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 30,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite song is Crunch Time.
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088idoitforhiphop10
  • 5th Letter5th Letter AKA 5th Element Posts: 27,598 Regulator

there are enough rappers on that ignorant shit, so a rapper like J Cole doing things different is a breath of fresh air.
    His production is fine imo.
    Jamaica wrote: »

there are enough rappers on that ignorant shit, so a rapper like J Cole doing things different is a breath of fresh air.
    His production is fine imo.

How did that work out on that mediocre ass and forgettable debut?
    R.D.
  • 5th Letter5th Letter AKA 5th Element Posts: 27,598 Regulator
    Huh? His album went gold on a single people were convinced would flop.
    Jamaica wrote: »
    Huh? His album went gold on a single people were convinced would flop.

and Pink Friday was successful, so?

I'm talking about the quality