Who was supposed to be on that song?

5th Letter5th Letter AKA 5th ElementPosts: 26,568 Regulator
I got the idea for this thread while reading this....
Inspectah Deck: Well I can tell you that I went to LA with Meth and Red. Meth and Red were going to meet up with Snoop and Tha Dogg Pound so we went over there and got the Maiden on. Snoop kicked my ass in Iron Maiden, Kurupt and Daz were there, just hanging out, Lady of Rage came over, even RBX , ... there was a few people over there and we were about to get it in, you know, I was the uninvited guest, I just happened to be there, Meth and Red were actually there to do the song with Daz & Kurupt and being that I was there I was able to get involved with it. Daz made the beat in a hot 15 minutes, Kurupt rolled up some of that sticky. We were just in there having fun and next thing I know, Daz was like: ” Yo, Deck you got something?” I had a verse on hand that actually suited the beat so I went in. From what I understand right after that happened, Pac got signed to Deathrow and he had come over and he heard the song and he wanted to get it from Daz. From what I heard, when Pac got the song, The Lady of Rage got taken off, RBX got taken off and I supposedly also got taken off. But instead of them taking off my verse, they left the adlibs so I don’t know if that was done on purpose or not, all I know is that I recorded a song with Daz and next thing I know 2Pac had it. Some people say he Debo’ed it, some people say Daz gave it to him, ... I can’t call it. For the most part man, I am just happy they left my adlibs there because people know that I was there. It’s not like it was a typo or something, I was actually there in the house when that was being recorded. It’s just that my verse didn’t make it on there somehow, who knows but hey, I’m still there, you hear “INS The Rebel” loud and clear .

DMTxTHCBarryHallsMrCrookedLetterSion

Replies

• 5th Letter5th Letter AKA 5th Element Posts: 26,568 Regulator
    The song in question

southsil4lil_Goldie_
    Flesh N Bone was taken off of Notorious Thugs.

He was there for the session but I think Puff or Big didn't like his part.

bone.jpg
  • Built 4 cuban linxBuilt 4 cuban linx Those other groups are cool and all But Wu Tang Is for the Children!!!!! At the 36th chamberPosts: 7,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not 100% sure on this

nas on empire state of mind
  • DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q-Tip was originally supposed to be on Left and Right by D'Angelo, but he got replaced by Method Man and Redman because nobody was feeling Tip's verse..
  • DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D'Angelo was originally on The Roots' hit single Break You Off, but he was replaced by Musiq Soulchild..

The original version is pretty good imo..
    not 100% sure on this

I did hear about that too

Nas was supposed to be on Can I Live but Nas never showed up to the session so Jay added the 2nd verse
  • ohhhlaohhhla Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nas and AZ to be on Reasonable Doubt

Instead of Bklyn's Finest it was supposed to be called

NY's Finest
  • kuskklassickuskklassic Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭
    i heard Aaliyah was set to be on "Bonnie & Clyde" instead of beyonce. and it woulda been on da first Blueprint.
    Already Home_17MrCrookedLetter
  • Built 4 cuban linxBuilt 4 cuban linx Those other groups are cool and all But Wu Tang Is for the Children!!!!! At the 36th chamberPosts: 7,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamaica wrote: »
    not 100% sure on this

I did hear about that too

yeah I remember it being on the early tracklist for bp3
    ohhhla wrote: »

NY's Finest

would've been crazy especially if they could fit big on there
  • georgia boigeorgia boi Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Common was originally supposed to be on Nas's "Fried Chicken" instead of Busta.

Lauryn Hill was supposed to be on "Rule" from Stillmatic instead of Amerie

_Goldie_Already Home_17
    Notorious BIG was supposed to be on two records that he never had a chance to record.

Twins with Fat Joe, Big Pun took his spot and the rest was history.

T.O.N.Y with Capone N Nore
  • bignormbignorm Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay was supposed to be on Scarface & Nas's "In Between Us".
    If you listen, there is an empty 16.
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 21,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • JokerKingJokerKing Вони виявили, Ваш номер STATION в рамках цієї спільноти! Watching Jimmy Fallon With Barbara GordonPosts: 26,069 Regulator
    Inspectah Deck: Well I can tell you that I went to LA with Meth and Red. Meth and Red were going to meet up with Snoop and Tha Dogg Pound so we went over there and got the Maiden on. Snoop kicked my ass in Iron Maiden, Kurupt and Daz were there, just hanging out, Lady of Rage came over, even RBX , ... there was a few people over there and we were about to get it in, you know, I was the uninvited guest, I just happened to be there, Meth and Red were actually there to do the song with Daz & Kurupt and being that I was there I was able to get involved with it. Daz made the beat in a hot 15 minutes, Kurupt rolled up some of that sticky. We were just in there having fun and next thing I know, Daz was like: ” Yo, Deck you got something?” I had a verse on hand that actually suited the beat so I went in. From what I understand right after that happened, Pac got signed to Deathrow and he had come over and he heard the song and he wanted to get it from Daz. From what I heard, when Pac got the song, The Lady of Rage got taken off, RBX got taken off and I supposedly also got taken off. But instead of them taking off my verse, they left the adlibs so I don’t know if that was done on purpose or not, all I know is that I recorded a song with Daz and next thing I know 2Pac had it. Some people say he Debo’ed it, some people say Daz gave it to him, ... I can’t call it. For the most part man, I am just happy they left my adlibs there because people know that I was there. It’s not like it was a typo or something, I was actually there in the house when that was being recorded. It’s just that my verse didn’t make it on there somehow, who knows but hey, I’m still there, you hear “INS The Rebel” loud and clear .

Is there an original song with everybody we can hear?
    ohhhla wrote: »

NY's Finest

would've been crazy especially if they could fit big on there

It was supposed to be them 4.

B.I.G., Jay, AZ and Nas

Jay felt a certain way towards Nas

Because of it. Starting to send subliminal

Is there an original song with everybody we can hear?

I don't know
    Keith Murray was on Who Shot Ya
    DMTxTHC
  • CainCain Admin, Moderator, old.me.is no more Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 31,542 Regulator
    Keith Murray was on Who Shot Ya

Here's the original. ......

5th LetterKillaCham
  • CainCain Admin, Moderator, old.me.is no more Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 31,542 Regulator

Not 100% sure but I heard this was supposed to be on Chronic 2 then on Stillmatic. Song was released on a Statik Selektah mixtape couple if years ago
    mr.octoberohhhlaSolitary Soldier
    I read somewhere that Jay Z was supposed to be on Why You Hate The Game, but he turned it down. So it became just Game and Nas. I guess when Game said "I alley oop to Jigga" that was when Jay was to come in. Would have been dope.

Wasn't Jay on the "Oh Boy" but deleted the verse because it was that trash?
    Already Home_17_Goldie_