Kanye's New LP Will Be Black Music, Promises G.O.O.D Affliate

MrCrookedLetterMrCrookedLetter The Blueprint Posts: 14,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
Grammy-winning rapper Kanye West's upcoming untitled solo effort is reportedly taking form and will have a noticeable black vibe to it, according to G.O.O.D. affiliate Malik Yusef.

While staying tight-lipped about the project as a whole, Yusef dished out a few details about the long-awaited project.

He's not the only act to firm up recording plans with West to reporters at the Awards. Longtime collaborator Malik Yusef was also on hand, and he ended up describing his efforts with West akin to "work camps," saying recording can be "tortuous."

"He is a perfectionist, obviously. It's harsh," he said, noting that whether they're in Paris or Hawaii, it's a labor. "[West] says no to a hundred things." As to the specifics of sound and scope, Yusef said "I can't talk too much about it. Just remember black music, the black experience. It's a throwback to that era," he said, but "a distillation of what's happening in the modern world." What it won't have is a lot of West singing, or at least not as much singing as he did on 2008's "808s & Heartbreak." "I don't know if we'd ever revisit that amount of singing," Yusef said. (HitFix)

Atlanta singer/producer The-Dream revealed his involvement on the LP a few days ago.

"I've been told to zip it," he said. However, he did reveal Kanye West is working on his next album -- and he'll be joining the hip-hop star in Paris to work on it in the coming weeks. And as for his much-talked-about hats? "[Jay-Z] was just digging on me, we do that," he said, defending his on-stage headwear choice. "B had just said, she wanted both of these hats." (Billboard)

http://www.sohh.com/2013/02/kanye_wests_new_lp_will_be_black_music_p.html
DMTxTHCAlready Home_17ThePayPalPimp.ohhhlaunspoken_respect

Replies