True or False; Doggystyle is Dr. Dre's Best Production Yet.

JokerKingJokerKing She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back she say I'm Mr. Ro...manticWatching Jimmy Fallon With Barbara GordonPosts: 25,021 Regulator
edited February 2013 in The Reason
I believe it to be true. Not even Chronic 2001 comes close to this production.

True or False; Doggystyle is Dr. Dre's Best Production Yet.

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.
SWAMPGODRichPorterOfTheIC

Replies

• NoCompetitionNoCompetition Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    False
    Nothin beats the original Chronic far as Dre production for me. I need to get that album again. Doggystyle can only match his best arguably but not surpass it.
    Soloman_The_Wisethe best 1buttuh_b
  • nawledge_godnawledge_god Gif Game Proper Chiraq RefugeePosts: 3,100 ✭✭✭✭✭
    False
    Niggaz4life Was The Pinnacle For Dre Is Easily One Of The GOAT Albums From A Production Standpoint
    englishdudeSoloman_The_Wisethe best 1dwade206king hassan
  • 2 Drawlz2 Drawlz Posts: 777
    False
    2001>>>>>>>
    nawledge_god[Deleted User]blu197
  • 2 Drawlz2 Drawlz Posts: 777
    False
    2001>>>>>>>
    nawledge_godSoloman_The_Wise[Deleted User]blu197
    False
    With all the answers, Straight outta Compton aint even been mentioned yet. I think its safe to say dude is an incredible producer.
  • gman82gman82 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭✭
    False
    I personally have to go with The Chronic but I could understand why someone would pick Doggy style, Niggaz4life, 2001, or No One Can Do it Better. All of those are top notch production from beginning to end.

The Chronic however is the album that everyone points to as Dre magnum opus, and for obvious reason. Its influence is undeniable from a musical standpoint. Everyone producer from Kanye to Pete Rock to Rza to DJ Quik to Timbaland have co signed the production on the Chronic as some of the best they ever heard.
  • luke1733luke1733 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭
    Good question. Yeah I agree
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 34,232 Regulator
    Cant choose. Toughest question of the day.
    SionSoloman_The_Wise
  • O.G.O.G. Living life in the victory formation. Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    False
    Niggaz4life Was The Pinnacle For Dre Is Easily One Of The GOAT Albums From A Production Standpoint

• L3NUL3NU Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    False
    chronic 2001 >>>
  • Davis eyebrowDavis eyebrow Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭
    That album is overrated as fuck. It's sickenning
    Stewwhite715_Menace_StoneColdMikeySoloman_The_WiseohhhlaJokerKingSolitary Soldierthe best 1(ob)Scenebindayvez79RichPorterOfTheIChnic1978idoitforhiphop10blu197dwade206king hassan
  • O.G.O.G. Living life in the victory formation. Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    False
    Dre has been killin shit since the world class wreckin cru days.
  • J. WillJ. Will Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant choose. Toughest question of the day.

• lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

c/s that shit sounded like something from another planet compared to anything at the time and let's not forget about the junts he laced on DOC's album

yeah that shizznit beat was dope as shit

Soloman_The_Wisethe best 1
  • SWAMPGODSWAMPGOD 5 Star Stunna/The Most Offensive Poster In Hell/Inhale NiggaPosts: 4,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True
    heen made nunna that shit
    edited February 2013
    False
    The thing about the Chronic, it seem like it would sound dated since it came out in like 92 but it dont. The crazy thing it still sounds futuristic. And it doesnt really have no skips.
    gman82Soloman_The_Wisethe best 1idoitforhiphop10
  • mr.octobermr.october Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    False
    If we talking overall production wise I think dres mixes got better over time. Dre executive produced a lotta lp's so it's hard 2 say. If we talking bout the beats then imma say the chronic. Single handedly brought forth g-funk which is known as the 'west coast' sound. Anything after that is really just following that blueprint. Really though he didn't make all the beats but dre can mix it n add on n make it come to life. That's his real talent. Dre makes dope beats but he mixes his beats better than the rest. Beat making wise there r guys I consider better but that's just me
  • trilladelictrilladelic Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    False
    i thought daz produced most of doggystyle..
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • Freeman......Freeman...... Made in The 6ix Posts: 7,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True
    i thought daz produced most of doggstyle..
    for real tho? if thats true daz lost.
  • vageneral08vageneral08 Fuck how ya feel Posts: 16,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    False
    hell naw the chronic probably got that
  • JFKJFK Posts: 13
    False
    2001>>>>
    Freeman......the best 1[Deleted User]
  • white715white715 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True
    Yea you can maybe name 2-3 albums with production at that level