Music legend Chubby Checker goes hard at HP over Chubby Checker App.

bubbaclotbubbaclot Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭✭
A lawyer acting for Chubby Checker, the musical legend behind The Twist, has announced a lawsuit against tech-giant Hewlett-Packard for using the singer's name for a penis-measuring app.
The "Chubby Checker" app, which appears on websites for Palm devices, claims to allow a person to determine a man's penis size by using his shoe size.
In a statement this week, attorney Willie Gary said the suit named HP and its subsidiary Palm, for marketing the software application without permission.
The suit filed a Florida federal court seeks $US500 million in damages.
According to Gary, it alleges the app "adversely affects Chubby Checker's brand and value ... and will tarnish his image that he has worked to maintain over the last 50 years."
"This lawsuit is about preserving the integrity and legacy of a man who has spent years working hard at his musical craft and has earned the position of one of the greatest musical entertainers of all time," said Gary.
"We cannot sit idly and watch as technology giants or anyone else exploits the name or likeness of an innocent person with the goal of making millions of dollars," he added.
"The defendants have marketed Chubby Checker's name on their product to gain a profit and this just isn't right."
Checker, 71, is best known for his 1960 hit The Twist, which spawned a dance craze during the decade that followed.

A3y94Nf.png

Stop being a dick Chubby!
Judah BackAllah_U_Akbar

Replies

• bubbaclotbubbaclot Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a.mann wrote: »
    Chubby Checker still alive?

Apparently so and he's checkin these pricks.
    KatPurrSneakDZAYoung StefJudah BackAllah_U_Akbar
  • MARIO_DROMARIO_DRO Posts: 13,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....IS IT GAY IF I DOWN LOAD THAT APP
    ....IS IT GAY IF I DOWN LOAD THAT APP

Not if your a gay chubby checker.
    Judah BackAllah_U_Akbar
  • 700700 Praying 5 times a day to catch a plug Plap City, FLAPosts: 14,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would have sued too, usin my name so people can see dick sizes from shoes, these people crazy
    he deserve to win but not get 500 mill, thats kinda excessive

unspoken_respectSneakDZA
  • SneakDZASneakDZA damn, am I a sinner? Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Little Richard would have been fine with it but "Little Dick" probably wouldn't sell as many copies as "Chubby Checker".
    bubbaclot
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 23,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats the gayest app I ever heard of
    bubbaclotunspoken_respectSneakDZA
  • MsSouthernMsSouthern Hook Em Horns Posts: 19,916 Regulator
    Saw this on TMZ last night

They had Chubby Checker coming out of a zipper on some jeans ....he was only 3 inches long

He needs to get over it ....has nothing to do with him
    bubbaclotYoung Stef
  • sullysully Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish Chubby Checker had twitter...i'd fill his feed with "@Chubbychecker I just checked my chubby with your app #penis" and then watch him catch feelings
    SneakDZA
  • Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious Hypocrite The BashmentPosts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [email protected] over it... fuck your life and the brand u built... who cares if your name becomes associated with a dick app... smh
    SneakDZA
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    [email protected] over it... fuck your life and the brand u built... who cares if your name becomes associated with a dick app... smh

Yeah. That plus an opportunity to make half a billi.
    Judah BackAllah_U_Akbar
  • Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious Hypocrite The BashmentPosts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    bubbaclot wrote: »

not everyone is ruled by financial gain...
    SneakDZA
    bubbaclot wrote: »

not everyone is rule by financial gain...

The Chubby is....