Elementary School bans white kids for tutoring. (RACISM)

Ajackson17Ajackson17 God KingPosts: 16,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
Elementary school bans white kids from tutoring

An elementary school principal in the Denver suburbs told parents that white children would be excluded from an after-school tutoring initiative.

Andre C. Pearson, the principal at Mission Viejo Elementary in Aurora, Colorado sent letters home to parents informing them that only students of color are eligible for the program, KJCT, the local ABC affiliate, reports.

Some shocked parents have alleged discrimination and segregation, reports CBS Denver.

“I was infuriated,” one parent, Nicole Cox, told CBS Denver. “I didn’t understand why they would include or exclude certain groups.”

“We have come so far in all of these years to show everybody that everyone is equal, that everyone should be treated equally,” Cox added.

Cox is white. She has a 10-year-old daughter at the school, and she wants her daughter to have tutoring.

CBS Denver explains that Principal Pearson left Cox a voicemail before she could complain directly to the school (as other parents already had).

“This is Andre Pearson,” the voicemail said. “It’s focused for and designed for children of color, but certainly, if we have space for other kids who have needs, we can definitely meet those needs.”

The district has since apologized for the error. A spokeswoman for the school district told KJCT that Pearson’s letter was a mistake and that white students can participate in the tutoring program.

“We deeply regret that they got that communication,” the spokeswoman added, according to notes CBS Denver.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/15/elementary-school-bans-white-kids-from-tutoring/#ixzz2L1n2LpLK

What would MLK do in this situation? This is completely racists and trying to destroy 60 years of hardwork of integration.
rageOmega_killshot

Replies

• Gold_CertificateGold_Certificate Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How racist of them.
    Ajackson17CashmoneyDuxohhhla
  • Ajackson17Ajackson17 God King Posts: 16,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Empress_ is your grandmother influence growing exponentially in a fast rate?
    [Deleted User]Omega_killshot
  • VIBEVIBE Awww Yeeaah! Posts: 40,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,385
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

I just don't think they should go there and try pulling the "discrimination" card.

If they actually took the time to gain knowledge about the developmental differences between black and white boys and girls they would better understand. Naturally the majority will not, God forbid we give our children the necessary step ahead with creating a greater foundation for our black youths by utilizing their our skills our way.

With love, peace and they can cry us a river.

:)
    Drew_AliAjackson17Young Stef
    Maybe I'd understand if it were based on income but this isn't acceptable for a public school district.

I did not read that but I can agree with that sentiment. They should have formulated a private group which I would encourage. It's no different him home schooling on your own terms all the while following certain legal guidelines.
    KatYoung Stef
    Well don't I sound racist as ever.

It's not racist at all, though it comes off like so. It's far too regressive and controversial to be created in a public setting, but it would be beneficial for children of color if something like this were available for them on different terms.
    Ajackson17
  • SOWETOSOWETO Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭✭
    POWER+prejudice=racism. and in the public school system, where black children are regularly depicted as underachieving, LD, or spec. ed., whats wrong with trying to assure these childrens success?
    SixSickSins
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

I just don't think they should go there and try pulling the "discrimination" card.

If they actually took the time to gain knowledge about the developmental differences between black and white boys and girls they would better understand. Naturally the majority will not, God forbid we give our children the necessary step ahead with creating a greater foundation for our black youths by utilizing their our skills our way.

With love, peace and they can cry us a river.

:)

That can be done at home or through a private tutor/school...not through a school that we ALL pay to send our kids.

Agreed.

See my previous posts.
    Maybe I'd understand if it were based on income but this isn't acceptable for a public school district.

I did not read that but I can agree with that sentiment. They should have formulated a private group which I would encourage. It's no different him home schooling on your own terms all the while following certain legal guidelines.

Well don't I sound racist as ever.

It's not racist at all, though it comes off like so. It's far too regressive and controversial to be created in a public setting, but it would be beneficial for children of color if something like this were available for them on different terms.

• KatKat Posts: 36,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just saw your second post Marley..agreed.
    So instead of including the white kids in the program they indirectly teach them that segregation in schools is cool. This should go over well.
    The lesson for them here is:
    "You black students are different from your white counterparts, and thus you should expect to be treated differently."

So if they get on the job and get less pay/promotions than their white coworkers, they'll think:
    "Well, us niggas are different from the white man, so we should expect to be treated differently."
    Ajackson17VIBE
    Worst of all, they'll think it in an "Uncle Ruckus" voice.
    Ajackson17ParallelYoung Stef
  • Chef_Taylor Chef_Taylor Young King.....pay me in gold Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    even though my blackness wants me to believe there's no such thing as racism towards whites, I have to admit that shit is pretty racist

I get the vibe that its to make it seem like the white kids dont need a tutor because theyre probably getting the work done and the black kids do...in a way its making it look like the blk kids need special attention...#thatsjustme
    VIBE
    "It’s focused for and designed for children of color, but certainly, if we have space for other kids who have needs, we can definitely meet those needs.”

BADB04A9-FD9A-457E-841C-AABD99EC54F8-383-000000553D8273B1_zps42e94fee.jpg
    6F80B48F-DDF7-4261-B403-30050FD3030E-383-0000005716092616_zps4e2b4d0c.jpg
    76D04A1A-EBBC-4576-9C4A-D071400F44D1-383-000000570F1D76A7_zps414ea550.jpg

If anything, this is well over due.

Looking at this, the white man learns from a holistic and perfects everything thus it takes longer, the enemy may be more skilled and stronger but patience wins all battles. This is the pivotal different be tween Crassus and Spartacus. Patience. The difference of a King and a Slave is that the King understands time without being taught it and the slave is under control of time and space where a Emperor such as myself understand that all things need time to be processed completely and correctly not just knowing the gist of it even though half of the information may be false.
    (Nope)SixSickSinsamenhotepivOmega_killshot
    edited February 2013
    Lol @AJackson17

You just Ether'd your own with that last post.......

And called me racist as my grandmama! Not true!!

It's actually quite impossible as a sister :)
    Lol @AJackson17

You just Ether'd your own with that last post.......

And called me racist as my grandmama! Not true!!

It's actually quite impossible as a sister :)

How I ether myself? There is no ether but illumination sista.
    Omega_killshot