Why is Snoop Dogg Getting so much Backlash for wanting to go Reggae ?

yungflashyyungflashy Posts: 926 ✭✭✭✭
all ignorance and jokes aside are people forgetting this is snoop dogg we're talking about here, he already did everything there is to do in hip-hop. people think he's doing it to make money off their religion.. really? pretty sure snoop done sold millions of records and sold out shows world wide, done movies and could have laid back and kicked his feet up for the rest of his life years ago.

i don't think it's phony the nigga is right there with the people in the slums, he could be anywhere else

AggyAFfortyacres&amule

Replies

• dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 53,680 Regulator
    Snoop is Snoop son just wants to smoke it up
    LV_Don32DaysOfInfiniti2 DrawlzJudah Back
  • yungflashyyungflashy Posts: 926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Hes progressively gotten worse and worse since his debut, will throw a few suprises out there like Tha Blue Carpet Treatment, and some of R&G. But the older he gets the more experimental he goes and the wacker it becomes. the reason people love him is because he is Snoop Dogg. They love Doggystyle. I understand he cant rap about the same shit his entire life, but he doesnt have to abandon what made him loved imo. Snoop with Some dre production, on some West Coast G Funk shit is what we want to hear.

he can always go back to that shit, he still rides wit Daz Dillinger and kurupt and all of them. he's been doing that for years why can't he experiment at the age of 41 when he has basically conquered everything in rap already.
    Turfaholic2 Drawlzmiamivice305
  • yungflashyyungflashy Posts: 926 ✭✭✭✭
    And he still has that shit in him

Turfaholic
  • Ear2DaStEar2DaSt Posts: 8,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care!
    aladdin1978CP203
  • T. SanfordT. Sanford The Trill Dog Posts: 17,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    because Reggae & Rastafarian dont want that wack ass crip
    #1hiphopjunki32 DrawlzWild SelfCashmoneyDux
  • aladdin1978aladdin1978 Poo Poo Jenkins- pronounced Pow POW West coastin'Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because it doesn't seem authentic. According to the rastas.
    P swayze166[Deleted User]miamivice305
  • KaiKai evil nerd bitch from hell Posts: 21,505 Regulator
    edited February 2013
    because he sucks at it. no one would have an issue if he was actually good

also reggae is not some gimmick that you can just adopt willy nilly. it's a respected genre who most recognized artists got to where they were because of their talent. it's kinda disrespectful to use that as a marketing ploy
    32DaysOfInfinitiWild SelfJokerKingCashmoneyDux
  • KaiKai evil nerd bitch from hell Posts: 21,505 Regulator
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Snoop got into reggae to look cool while smoking weed. Just like Lil Wayne making rock music cuz he thinks he looks cool with a guitar.

speaking of wayne and snoop, why don't they actually learn about what they're trying to be. actually learn how to play the guitar, don't use it as some kind of fashion accessory
    #1hiphopjunki332DaysOfInfinitikzzl
  • Already Home_17Already Home_17 Posts: 9,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well....think about it
    snoop doesn't want to do hip hop that much anymore. do you see the hip hop community up in arms over that? nope

apparently we don't want his musical contributions to our genre anymore, so why should they?
    Ear2DaSt
  • ovoCapoovoCapo DondAda 6 SidePosts: 5,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hes just a fake . i dont believe he has good intentions .
  • ohhhlaohhhla Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Richie Spice and Capelton should this niggas ass.
  • SheerExcellenceSheerExcellence You could get with this or you could get with that Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Because he is making a mockery of Rastafarianism, the shit isn't about smoking weed and just the music.

the jamaicans around my way are cool with it cause they say even tho the music is trash he hipping the masses up to the rasta lifestyle that otherwise wouldnt go search for it. plus even tho he fake he showing love and going to jamaica and fucking with the og's. the marleys co-sign hiim, he got love from the marley family, so to them its all good.

i'm not jamican so i cant call it. i aint buying this shit, but if he showing love and hitting the marleys up with some loot then i dont see the problem, personally. hell id much rather he do this regaee shit than someone like no doubt.
    just my opinon.
    Ear2DaSt
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic Funky like poopa scoop #scumbag The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shit, if he said he was a born again Christian the sheep would praise him.

Look at a majority of everybody from the deathrow/ bad boy era. Mostly all of em are in bad shape cept Snoop & Dogg pound. he earned the right to try his hand elsewhere
    Judah BackEar2DaSt
  • THIRDSUPREMETHIRDSUPREME Still Coon Killa.... Nigga Home of the SlavesPosts: 5,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackbloc wrote: »
    here a little no secret outside the Jamaican community. Rastafarianism is looked at as some foolishness , so most Jamaican could care less if he uses it for profit.
    My jaican niggas told me the same thing.

2 Drawlz
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti32DaysOfInfiniti Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess you cant hate on the Dogg

Just Snoop lion ass costume rasta,

2065415_1.jpg

I dont see this new guy doing so well with any audience...
    King Lee [Deleted User]miamivice305
  • P swayze166P swayze166 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is just trying to reinvent himself like Madonna....tired and old formula....plus at this point he has smoked himself retarded
    Lab BabyWild Self
  • Wild SelfWild Self Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cause Jamaicans actually take care of their shit and not let corporate heads take over, unlike niggas elsewhere.
  • KingFreemanKingFreeman -These niggas ain't about to starve us- Way UpPosts: 8,424 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wild Self wrote: »
    Cause Jamaicans actually take care of their shit and not let corporate heads take over, unlike niggas elsewhere.

lol. what exactly has that done for jamaicans? what has that done for any jamaican anywhere on earth? satisfaction aint shit if its poverty all around u. jamaica aint all coconuts and weed. just sayin. that corporate beast aint going nowhere anytime soon dont act like u wouldnt take a bite if it was on ur plate.

32DaysOfInfiniti
  • fortyacres&amulefortyacres&amule wubalubadubdub Posts: 15,107 Regulator
    edited February 2013
    Coz I don't think he understands what being a Rastafarian intells

He has a white man's perspective of white a rasta is (smoking weed and listening to reggae)