Big Hutch Calls Out Tyga For Allegedly Adding "187" To His Name

AggyAFAggyAF Y preeWorl boss fi wiPosts: 27,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
Veteran Pomona, California emcee/producer Big Hutch (a/k/a Cold 187um) has taken umbrage with Young Money Records artist Tyga recently adding "187" to his name.

In a post yesterday (February 21st) on his manager's Big Shot Music site, Hutch stated his disagreements. “I’m not cool with Tyga’s use of 187 as his brand for his project(s) because he didn’t holla at me about it. Everyone knows who the real 187um is out here in Southern California. That name had been relevant for over two decades and now some new young cat comes along and thinks he can just run with it without at least talking to the originator of the brand?”

The Above The Law co-founder added, “You can’t just use somebody’s name or brand to glorify your own existence. That’s called 'biting.' Whether people think it’s a big deal or not…what happens when people start referring to him as 'Tyga 187' or 'that is the 187 guy;' that simply doesn’t sit well with me, especially surrounding the fact him or none of his associates took the time to holla at me about it knowing I’m still a relevant entity in Hip-Hop. If he was to call himself Tyga 'Cocaine,' the real Kokane would have a problem with it. If he was to call himself Tyga 'Quick' or Tyga '8,' the real [DJ] Quik and [MC] Eiht would have a problem with it plain and simple. It’s their brand.”

Previously, Gang Starr's Guru publicly criticized then Roc-A-Fella Records engineer/A&R Young Guru for similar principles. The last three years have also seen a high-profile dispute between Freeway Ricky Ross and the rapper Rick Ross, that has resulted in legal action.

Tyga has yet to officially announce a name-change. In November, the Los Angeles, California artist released a mixtape called 187, which also featured a single of the same name.
Trollio genocidecutterPK_TK_187

Replies

• genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big hutch a member of the fam so Im on his side
    2 DrawlzTrollio
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would Tyga change his name anyway? Commercialized hip-hop won't allow for him to be called '187'.
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 21,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • HerbalVaporCapersHerbalVaporCapers Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lime in the cocunut ass tyga ain't gonna 187 shit, he needs to stop playing
    B_AKLICHEnumbaz...80's babyLurker6
  • 1CK1S1CK1S Posts: 18,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veteran Pomona, California emcee/producer Big Hutch (a/k/a Cold 187um) has taken umbrage with Young Money Records artist Tyga recently adding "187" to his name.

In a post yesterday (February 21st) on his manager's Big Shot Music site, Hutch stated his disagreements. “I’m not cool with Tyga’s use of 187 as his brand for his project(s) because he didn’t holla at me about it. Everyone knows who the real 187um is out here in Southern California. That name had been relevant for over two decades and now some new young cat comes along and thinks he can just run with it without at least talking to the originator of the brand?”

The Above The Law co-founder added, “You can’t just use somebody’s name or brand to glorify your own existence. That’s called 'biting.' Whether people think it’s a big deal or not…what happens when people start referring to him as 'Tyga 187' or 'that is the 187 guy;' that simply doesn’t sit well with me, especially surrounding the fact him or none of his associates took the time to holla at me about it knowing I’m still a relevant entity in Hip-Hop. If he was to call himself Tyga 'Cocaine,' the real Kokane would have a problem with it. If he was to call himself Tyga 'Quick' or Tyga '8,' the real [DJ] Quik and [MC] Eiht would have a problem with it plain and simple. It’s their brand.”

Previously, Gang Starr's Guru publicly criticized then Roc-A-Fella Records engineer/A&R Young Guru for similar principles. The last three years have also seen a high-profile dispute between Freeway Ricky Ross and the rapper Rick Ross, that has resulted in legal action.

Tyga has yet to officially announce a name-change. In November, the Los Angeles, California artist released a mixtape called 187, which also featured a single of the same name.

tumblr_m3f2znxO131rs9m13o1_500.gif

Oh yeah....

r3Jla.gif
    AggyAF2 Drawlzgenocidecutteraladdin1978DarthRozayStoneColdMikeyB_ACJ
  • AggyAFAggyAF Y pree Worl boss fi wiPosts: 27,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    top cat a lame
    genocidecutterPimpMVP
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 21,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    top cat a lame

fight me
  • aladdin1978aladdin1978 Poo Poo Jenkins- pronounced Pow POW West coastin'Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course...because cold 187 Owns and copyrighted the word/numbers "187"
    OGClarenceBoddicker
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 44,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YMCMB Last Kings.... Hotel California coming April 9, 2013

• DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "That name had been relevant for over two decades" dafuq?
    blackgod813
  • Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    YMCMB Last Kings.... Hotel California coming April 9, 2013

lol that shit gon get pushed back like every other ymcmb album that almost comes out

• dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 53,235 Regulator
    didnt he get called out for claiming compton when he really from the burbs son needs to just drop that
  • water ur seedswater ur seeds EVERYBODY WAITING FOR THE REVOLUTION TO START/ BUT YOU AINT ON THE FRONT LINE TAKING 2 IN THE HEART Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    jono wrote: »
    Why would Tyga change his name anyway? Commercialized hip-hop won't allow for him to be called '187'.

agreed, thats why rappers often change their names to get rid of the violent moniker... i.e killa mike, uncle murda, murda mase and killa cam

Wild Self
  • Wild SelfWild Self Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    the bigger issue is why is tyga even wasting his time trying to connect his name with some murder shit...nigga you just had a child and we all know you not bout that life just keep progressing with your music and stop being extra with the clown shit.

Cause Wayne gassed him up. Tyga had a baby with a stripper with a fake ass and now he tryna be some OG goon. While looking frail as fuck.
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson I drive a fast car... Posts: 48,144 Regulator
    edited February 2013
    HIP HOP HASN'T BEEN AROUND LONG ENOUGH FOR NIGGAS TO BE THIS UNCREATIVE WITH THEIR NAMES OR MUSIC...

tyga couldn't call himself Thunda Jushin Tyga or some shit?
    i love how people give a shit enough totype "I dont give a shit tumblr" in google just to post a gif in a thread they dont care about....

shits funny... cause it's a display of hostility.
    HEY!!!
    some of you are defending a nigga that was so bout it bout it, that he chose who was telling the truth out of a crowd of people.

Tyga: Who Threw It?

Big Nigga That Look Like He Might Be Bout Some Shit: I DID! now what the fuck you wannado?

Tyga:........YOU LYYYYYYIN!!!

nigga said it in the same tone as i've heard niggas use when they done found a fucked up text in they girls phone.

YOU LYYYYYYYYIN!!!

thats the guy some of you are defending...

THINK ABOUT IT.

• PK_TK_187PK_TK_187 Posts: 2,240
    HEY!!!
    some of you are defending a nigga that was so bout it bout it, that he chose who was telling the truth out of a crowd of people.

Tyga: Who Threw It?

Big Nigga That Look Like He Might Be Bout Some Shit: I DID! now what the fuck you wannado?

Tyga:........YOU LYYYYYYIN!!!

nigga said it in the same tone as i've heard niggas use when they done found a fucked up text in they girls phone.

YOU LYYYYYYYYIN!!!

thats the guy some of you are defending...

THINK ABOUT IT.

post the video
    edited February 2013

the excuses and stannery at the end of the video is pretty much how folk act on here...

"HE'S A BLOOD, YOU FROM OMAHA"
    Tyga more likely to get his friends, family and security 187'ed, than he is to 187 anybody...
  • blackgod813blackgod813 Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honey cocaine is a murder an cold an evil who hurt a damaged. A good kid if u read this cocaine we will never fa give u .........learn to b real with men u cruel. Monster psycho pupet
    edited February 2013
    Honey cocaine is a murder an cold an evil who hurt a damaged. A good kid if u read this cocaine we will never fa give u .........learn to b real with men u cruel. Monster psycho pupet
    i dont know if i want the kinda weed you smoke...

"yeah nigga, we call this that Gilbert Grape, and this one right here that Carlos Mencia, cause they both have you gon on some DUR DUH DURRRR shit yamsayin, yamsayin!!!"