What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Bio-Pics You Wnat To See !! And Who U Want To See In Them ??

kuskklassickuskklassic Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭
Biographical films have always be some of my favorite films and always a good way for an Actor to have an breakout role (JamieFoxx w/ Ray, Denzel Washington w/ Malcolm X, etc.)

What movies do u wanna see made a bout a real life person and who would u cast in the starring roles ???

Replies

• kuskklassickuskklassic Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Whitney Houston Bio-Pic...

Whitney Houston - Anika Noni Rose (Dreamgils, Princess & the Frog, etc.)
    runners up: Jennifer Hudson, Kelly Rowland

Bobby Brown - Usher

Clive Davis - Robert De Niro

Cissy Tyson (Mother) - Ruby Dee

John Houston (Father) - ???

Gary Houston - Jesse Martin (Rent, Law & Order)

Bobbi Cristina - Keke Palmer

Dionne Warwick - Angela Bassett

i think in 6 - 10 years...an Obama movie will be made. Unless a better pick comes along, i think this is a dream role for Will Smith.

Barack Obama - Will Smith

Michelle Obama - Kerry Washington (Ray, Django Unchained, She Hate Me, etc.)

Sasha & Malia Obama - unknowns

Joe Bidden - ???

John McCain - Ed Harris (A History of Violence, Aollo 13, etc.)

Mitt Romney - Kyle Chandler (King Kong, Argo, Friday Night Lights tv series, etc.)

Sarah Palin - ???
  • atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi DragonstonePosts: 13,005 Regulator
    edited February 2013
    i've always wanted to see a proper pablo escobar flick. don't know who i'd pick to play him tho...the guy that played him in blow kinda resembled him.

& maybe an updated black panther party movie. or just a movie about the civil rights movement that doesn't focus on just one person.
    i think they should do a movie on the 4 biggest harlem renissiance figuers.

Tell thier story all in one....

Langston Hughes - Terrance Howard

Zora Neale Hurston - Taraji P. Henson

Duke Ellington - Mos Def

Paul Robeson - ????

and appearances by Claude McKay, W.E.B DuBois Ella Fitgerald, Joespehine Baker, etc.
    illestni99ainneS.jR.
    edited February 2013
    HOW DO U POST PICS?
  • sdcasdca Posts: 290 ✭✭
    I almost ALWAYS hate biopics, especially on musicians...

However, there is one that I just really need to be made already... Walt Disney

The kid in me says a Disney produced feel-good movie,with the ultimate tribute of having it animated!

On a serious note... there's a real dramatic story to be told, and an accurate honest portrayal would be real interesting.

Alan Cumming/George Clooney/Pacino, I can picture all 3 in the lead role.
    There was a fake poster with Ryan Gosling as young Walt, and was just so perfect!
    I am a woman above everything else.
  • J. WillJ. Will Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think in 6 - 10 years...an Obama movie will be made. Unless a better pick comes along, i think this is a dream role for Will Smith.

Barack Obama - Will Smith

Michelle Obama - Kerry Washington (Ray, Django Unchained, She Hate Me, etc.)

Sasha & Malia Obama - unknowns

Joe Bidden - ???

John McCain - Ed Harris (A History of Violence, Aollo 13, etc.)

Mitt Romney - Kyle Chandler (King Kong, Argo, Friday Night Lights tv series, etc.)

Sarah Palin - ???

Not sure about that one
    #Starkset

201690573d9d529e6381f3f3642388a96abcc9f6.gif
    Twitter: J_Will325
  • south4lifesouth4life Bama Repesenta! Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A REAL Michael Jackson bio-pic, not that dumb Man in The Mirror bullshit but, who can play MJ because to me the only one that played him to a T was Wylie Draper, who played him in The Jacksons: An American Dream and ironically he died a year after the tv movie came out.

A REAL Michael Jordan bio-pic, that bullshit they did with that dude who looked nothing like MJ was str8 wack, Michael Jordan - An American Hero but, who could play MJ

MY SQUADS

MIAMI HEAT - 2006, 2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
    NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - 2010 XLIV Super Bowl Champions
    ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE - 2010, 2012 & 2013 BCS National Champions, 2015 CFB Champions

whos a better pic to play Michell Obama ??

Kimberly Elise
    Sanaa Lathan
    Regina King
    ?
  • south4lifesouth4life Bama Repesenta! Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    whos a better pic to play Michell Obama ??

Kimberly Elise
    Sanaa Lathan
    Regina King
    ?

Regina King would be the best fit
    MY SQUADS

MIAMI HEAT - 2006, 2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
    NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - 2010 XLIV Super Bowl Champions
    ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE - 2010, 2012 & 2013 BCS National Champions, 2015 CFB Champions

atribecalledgabiAlready Home_17
  • Gary Coleman - Bobb'e Jaques Thompson (Kid that plays "Marcus" in those sony commercials"
  • cobblandcobbland "Shorty": Belly (1998) Chicago...Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A movie about Jim Brown with Chiwetel Ejiofor in the starring role (Spike Lee directs).

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ryan Goslings as Kurt Cobain

Marlon Wayons as Richard Pryor (this was in the works)

Viola Davis as Angela Davis

Henry Cavil as Bruce Springsteen
  • SuperManuelSuperManuel I'll getchu bitch!!! Somewhere drunk off my ass.Posts: 17,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    kevin hart as reh dog. movie title:why must I cry? the reh dog story

not a biopic but I would like to see kevin hart or don Cheadle redo this movie with a high budget production company
  • lighthearted26lighthearted26 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    south4life wrote: »
    A REAL Michael Jackson bio-pic, not that dumb Man in The Mirror bullshit but, who can play MJ because to me the only one that played him to a T was Wylie Draper, who played him in The Jacksons: An American Dream and ironically he died a year after the tv movie came out.

A REAL Michael Jordan bio-pic, that bullshit they did with that dude who looked nothing like MJ was str8 wack, Michael Jordan - An American Hero but, who could play MJ

Oh yea that movie with flex playing Michael makes me cringe just thinking about it.
    south4life
  • Ajackson17Ajackson17 On the shoulders of Giants and Elders in history UniversePosts: 22,397 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Drake biopic, Dem franchise biopic, Rick Ross biopic, Shawn Michaels, Disturbed, Kamelot(metal band), T.M.Revolution biopic, Utada Hikaru, Ayumi Hamasaki, Rain(that ninja movie).
    tumblr_mb0d6eD9dS1r7bmo8o1_500.gif

SuperManuel
  • atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi DragonstonePosts: 13,005 Regulator
    Viola Davis as Angela Davis

nigga what?
    Viola_Davis+Jan_25_2009.jpg
    angela-davis.jpg

??
    SuperManuel
    actors dont have to look EXACTLY like they person. you have to get an actress who has the talent to potray someboyt like Angeloa Davis. Who's a better pic, Halle Berry cuz shes light skin ??
  • BlaqueHoney01BlaqueHoney01 Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    i think they should do a movie on the 4 biggest harlem renissiance figuers.

Tell thier story all in one....

Langston Hughes - Terrance Howard

Zora Neale Hurston - Taraji P. Henson

Duke Ellington - Mos Def

Paul Robeson - ????

and appearances by Claude McKay, W.E.B DuBois Ella Fitgerald, Joespehine Baker, etc.

I would love this, but I would want them to have their individual movies. I know they were all acquaintances, but I don't want anything to get in the way of their individual stories. I feel like a single movie trying to tell all their stories would not be enough time to tell about them fully. I think a movie just on the Harlem Renaissance period would be great.

It might seem off the wall, but I would love to see a movie on Edgar Allen Poe, and I think Johnny Depp would be good at capturing who he was.