The Ruthless Aggression Era Appreciation Thread (2002 - 2005)

iKingGodGivBiziKingGodGivBiz Batman With Prep TimePosts: 17,738 Regulator
edited February 2013 in Off The Turn Buckle

Replies

• genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 10,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruthless Aggression Era>Attitude Era
    iKingGodGivBizlookdudeCutler 26 INT's LOL!StoneColdMikeyCopperits....JOHN B
  • VIBEVIBE Awww Yeeaah! Posts: 40,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JBL was golden.
    peagle05Meester
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Artist/Producer #Hustlin #VegasLights Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ill prolly say this era was better than attitude era, at least in terms of wrestling, got to see some people who started off in the attitude era really get to show us what they can do in ring, and paul heyman was able to show why he is a goat when he was given some control over smackdown
    iKingGodGivBizgenocidecutterex-soldier
    Iron Man match on SD! wow, I forgot all about that..
    Peezy_Jenkins
  • iKingGodGivBiziKingGodGivBiz Batman With Prep Time Posts: 17,738 Regulator
    edited February 2013
    05,06,07 was the Ruthless Aggresion Era too

As soon as Cena went to RAW in 05 and beat JBL for the title at WM the Ruthless Aggression era was done imo.

Especially by the time the Spirit Squad came in so I def discount all of 06 and after and most of 05.

GOAT iron match imo, and something you need to watch form start to beginning to appreciate. (That was 03 or 04 that happened)
    Fuck JBL tho... Give me Eddie.

Already Home_17
    I miss those "you suck" chants.
    StoneColdMikeyMeester
  • iKingGodGivBiziKingGodGivBiz Batman With Prep Time Posts: 17,738 Regulator
    edited February 2013
    Royal Rumble Ending 03
    genocidecutter
  • JokerKingJokerKing Вони виявили, Ваш номер STATION в рамках цієї спільноти! Watching Jimmy Fallon With Barbara GordonPosts: 26,153 Regulator
    Attitude Era>>>>>>>
    Peezy_Jenkins
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Artist/Producer #Hustlin #VegasLights Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kurk angel doin good things for TNA, but he need to retire in a wwe ring
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 52,003 Regulator
    Man Brock was sending niggas spinning left and right shit was ill
    VIBEgenocidecutter
  • Paul Hate.Paul Hate. Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alot of good wrestling.There was alot of crap during that era too.The Necrophilia shit with HHH and Kane and that bullshit with Mae Young,the Tough Contestants.

It was hard to watch though cause you noticed the drop off in fans until 04,when things stabilized and Cena,Edge,Batista,Orton started taking the reigns.

IMO it's an underrated era because it was sandwiched in between 2 more succesful and longer eras that had better marketing.Plus most of it was on Spike a channel alot of people still dont get and hate.

VIBE
    The ruthless agression era ended in 04 imo too.05 is the cena era they already started to clean alot of stuff up.
    edited February 2013
    The Attitude era is so overated outside of the main event..it's scary.I used to watch the uppercard of RAw and then watch the undercard of WCW for wrestling.

Nothing beats WCW 96-early 98 man..NOTHING.

I dont mind the PG era THAT much.Because the angles and the personalities are more clear cut.The WWF had alot of generic guys before this era Snitzky,Maven,even Orton at first?

I hate extreme shit (necrophilla,drugging the promoters daughter,) and the over top/nothing to do with wrestling type stuff(car bombs,actors winning titles,etc).

The best stuff has always been wrestling based booking 101(Hogan vs Andre,Bret vs Austin,goldberg streak) or straighforward reality based storyelling and drama(the Nwo)
    genocidecutter
  • bindayvez79bindayvez79 Posts: 369 ✭✭✭
    Chris Benoit Vs Triple H ironman match is very underrated.
    genocidecutter
  • Already Home_17Already Home_17 Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why are folks saying things started to clean up after cena won the title in 05? y'all forgot the i quit match between him and jbl a month later? hhh vs. batista in possibly the most vicious hiac match ever? the disturbing mysterio vs. guererro feud where they fought over reys son? edge and lita having sex on raw? the ecw one night stand ppvs? the rated rko vs. dx feud? i remember edge and orton giving flair the one man conchairto twice on raw. flair could pass for a dead man in that segment. batista vs. taker hiac match was brutal as well. orton punting niggas heads off. orton vs. hhh last man standing at no mercy. that match was ill

yet the wwe was cleaning up? lol they didn't clean up officially until they switched to PG in mid 08. they still had a few edgy matches/moments after benoits murder-suicide
    bindayvez79genocidecutter
    gotta c/s them not cleaning up until after benoit died, ruthless aggression lasted at least 4 good years, cena got to the main event in that time but niggas werent close to toning it down yet, tlc main events for the title, cena gettin in matches that end in blood bath, shit, they even had a couple brutal ecw events
    Already Home_17
  • lookdudelookdude Posts: 14,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn niggas really saying this was better then the attitude era ?

I loved this era too but come on

Hassan would've been a monster heel, but they fucked up.

Why is every foreign character anti-American? LOL it's an old ass concept.
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 18,399 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hassan's mistake was a coincidence. They just happened to do a terrorist like scene the same week a terrorist attack happened. That's why I don't think Swagger's character has a chance to go very long.

Guerrero's heel turn was epic. Him force feeding Rey twizzlers is one of my favorite moments of his career. I haven't eaten twizzlers since then either.
    VIBEiKingGodGivBiz