Busta Rhymes now resorting to performing for lawyers at legal conferences.

sullysully Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
This week, the American Association for Justice held one of its members-only conventions in Miami Beach, Florida. At the closing of what we’re sure was an otherwise thrilling event, a special guest was pulled out of obscurity to put some flava in everyone’s ears: it was none other than… Busta Rhymes? *record scratch*

Ugh… sigh. You know a rapper’s career is coming to an end when he’s forced to resort to performing for a group of people wearing suits, ties, and suspenders. Next thing you know, he’ll be on a VH1 dating show. But, given his extensive criminal history, he probably owed at least one of the lawyers in the crowd a favor.

Here are some additional details on Busta’s performance from Alex Aldridge over at Legal Cheek:

“Any old lawyers? Any old attorneys? Any old powerful legal representation? Let me show you how to get you guys rollin’!” bellows Rhymes in the clip, before breaking into song.

Meta_ConsciousNothingButTheTruth

Replies

• poindexter2poindexter2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    I'm not buying this. True enough busta is on the back end of his career, but the article suggested he begged for a spot to perform here. Only in hip hop does unconventional audiences= artist doing bad. The DJ for CPAC (yeah the republican white guys) events is known to spin 2chainz heavy, so does that mean his career is done as well? It is kinda funny though performing in front of some lawyers lol
    illedoutStewCashmoneyDux2 Drawlz
  • southernmadesouthernmade Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't this nigga sign to Cash Money two years ago? What the fuck has he been doing?
    rip.dillaYoung Stefsapp08_2001
  • illedoutilledout Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    @sully
    Before I no sign your opening post,
    I would like to know if those are your actual thoughts on the article
    or was it all just a copy and paste??
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 17,437 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess a gig is a gig
    illedoutBarryHallsiKingGodGivBizMuhannad
  • 1of11of1 Posts: 37,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was in a party setting. People from all walks of life party. I don't see any problem w/ taking that money.

With that said he fell off a long time ago, and that fast rapping shit where you can't understand him is trash.

illedoutrip.dillaAnd_So_It_BurnsMuhannad
  • Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 11,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Didn't this nigga sign to Cash Money two years ago? What the fuck has he been doing?

he released a mixtape and actually had an album come flop out (even though it was under google play) shit hes overachevin compaired to the average ymcmb rapper lmaooo

buttuh_b
  • 700700 Will I be judged as being a bad trapper, or will I get rich and bitch....laugh at ya Plap City, FLAPosts: 9,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    RaySwift wrote: »
    I was expecting a real conference room/office party type environment with Busta Rhymes yelling "Yah yah yah yah yah WHOOOHAAAA! I GOT U ALL IN CHECK!"

lol thats what i thought too

but busta put ona show for them coked up crackas

i think busta is crazy overrated and garbage ass shit, but he put on a good show tho i cant lie

like 2chains

matter of fact, fuck it

2 chainz>>>>>>busta
    2 Drawlzrip.dillaAnd_So_It_Burnsblack caesar
  • DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaySwift wrote: »
    90s Busta >>>>>>>>>> Todays Busta

Cosign.. The Coming is a great fuckin album..
    BarryHallsFigoneedmohoesG.Avant
  • SheerExcellenceSheerExcellence Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If youre an artist and people pay you you do it. you know how many sweet 16s and bar mitvahs destiny child and 50 cent did a decade ago? They weren't on their last legs. And i'm talkng about 50 cent in 2004 get rich or die trying days, doing a show at a ballroom in long island for 150 high school kids.

If people pay you do the show. period.
    iKingGodGivBizsoulbrotherilledoutYoung Stef
  • iKingGodGivBiziKingGodGivBiz Batman With Prep Time Posts: 17,274 Regulator
    If youre an artist and people pay you you do it. you know how many sweet 16s and bar mitvahs destiny child and 50 cent did a decade ago? They weren't on their last legs. And i'm talkng about 50 cent in 2004 get rich or die trying days, doing a show at a ballroom in long island for 150 high school kids.

I'm done.
  • Mr.LVMr.LV Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha you mention Long Island ,50 Cent was doing a whole bunch of shows across long island for high school students around the time "the massacre" album dropped.
    SheerExcellence
  • SheerExcellenceSheerExcellence Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr.LV wrote: »

Haha you mention Long Island ,50 Cent was doing a whole bunch of shows across long island for high school students around the time "the massacre" album dropped.

You gotta get that money anyway you can. You only hot for so long. And im sure those rich parents were paying at least 50k. You gotta imagine this lawyer conference in Miami at club Liv, had to pay busta at least 50k. I have no idea how much ppl get for a show like this, i'm just guessing, but I know club Liv isn't a cheap place to rent out, and i'm sure these lawyers are fairly well off. I'd bet he got paid in the 50k-100k range just to do songs for an hour or two, in a nice safe environment.

Nothing wrong with that.
    rip.dillahuey
  • aladdin1978aladdin1978 Poo Poo Jenkins- pronounced Pow POW West coastin'Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But....I thought he was signed to young money??!? What happened to that?? Oh Nevermind...
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher One Cold Ass Honkey It's Cold, AlaskaPosts: 27,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These more intimate performances cost a good amount of money too tho.
    illedout
  • BarryHallsBarryHalls Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never understood Club Liv's stage. Was that meant to be a stage? If so, I wonder how many drunk ass rappers fell off that narrow shit.
  • soulbrothersoulbrother Daddy Long Stroke Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A1000MILES wrote: »

Sent from my iPhone

Thank god that was the last time we heardd from Hurricane Chris...ol walnut head ass nigga...and I hope the Representive who though it was a good idea to let that ngga perform for the house got voted out on her next election....
    Lurk_Hinricheternal soldierWiseGuyy
  • antarticpantarticp Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wtf a gig is a gig and it sounded like a good one .... a bunch of people with high paying jobs ... ijs .... it aint like he did some hole in the wall in the hood that could only afford to pay him a couple of stacks cause most people show up before 10pm to get in free or @ a discount !!!!! LOL !!!!!!! yall got the game twisted ... the highest paying gigs are stuff like this or @ some rich persons home for a private event .... yall sleeping .....
    hueyking hassan
  • hueyhuey Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look if they paid his price for a show, why wouldnt he do it?
    illedout