What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Onion calls 9 year old Quvenzhane Wallis a C*nt

blackrainblackrain Posts: 26,530 Regulator
The Onion is a routinely funny, usually quick-witted satirical newspaper, but needless to say it did not go over well last night when they called the 9-year-old Oscar-nominee Quvenzhane Wallis the c-word. Someone manning The Onion's Twitter feed sent this tweet out around midnight last night (8:42 PST):

As Buzzfeed's Kate Arthur notes, the tweet stayed up for about an hour, and then was deleted without an explanation after a severe backlash

5219c00eda924222517e0b28d20f0db6_457x260.jpg
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2013/02/onion-quevenzhane-wallis-joke/62476/

Replies

• Gold_CertificateGold_Certificate Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Well, is she a cunt?
  • KatKat Don't @ Me to Dumb Shit. H-TownPosts: 49,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard the teaser for this story on the radio this morning..what was their reasoning for calling her that?
    purpngold
  • hautehaute Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    meh not funny

But not worth the emotions people had over it
    StoneColdMikey
    I disagree with her name, so I am inclined to believe that the allegations are true.
    (Nope)7figzrooster_cogburn
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 26,530 Regulator
    I heard the teaser for this story on the radio this morning..what was their reasoning for calling her that?

An attempt at satire
  • mryounggunmryounggun Loading up my Grey Matter Glock Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shit actually was kind of funny, if you think about it. But I kinda understand why people are upset.
  • Matt-Matt- stew Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone who is bothered by something said on The Onion should just go to a cancer facility, find a terminally ill patient, and give them their spot in this world.
    p-tavernChuchkCopper
  • p-tavernp-tavern yeah its called im on the wideworldweb EVER HEARD OF IT???Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't think anyone outside the Chinese govt. took things by The Onion to heart.
    Matt-Young Stefrooster_cogburn
  • SleepwalkingInJapanSleepwalkingInJapan Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    sounds like something joad cressbeckler would say
    tumblr_m8suqsDpq11rqmwopo1_500.gif
  • p-tavernp-tavern yeah its called im on the wideworldweb EVER HEARD OF IT???Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @ taking 4 tweets to rant about it too

He doesn't have Tony Reali or some fact checking interns around to get to the bottom of these things before he addresses them?
  • bull6599bull6599 Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still stuck on the first name.
    Matt-
  • 7figz7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Posts: 14,836 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    And who said your kids gotta have white-sounding names to be successful ?
    Even if they are a little cunt.
    SleepwalkingInJapan
  • bull6599bull6599 Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7figz wrote: »
    And who said your kids gotta have white-sounding names to be successful ?
    Even they are a little cunt.

That shit a lil ridiculous though bruh. I got a friend who used to teach 2nd grade. Lil niggas can't spell their name off the top of their head until 4th grade cuz that shit be so gotdamn long & complicated.

• DJ Pauls ArmDJ Pauls Arm Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    these broads get so made at a satire new agency for callin that little girl a cunt meanwhile their own kids be shittin on the floor like a cocker spaniel smh
    WhoisDonG???Melanin_Enriched
    how come nobody is mad at the parents for calling the kid Quvenzhane
    ChuchkSOWETO
    kai_valya wrote: »
    Matt- wrote: »

you've never encountered foreigners with hard to pronounce names? greeks, indians, asians, africans etc. how is this really different?

i don't even know who this is. I just assumed it was a lil black boy
    SleepwalkingInJapanrooster_cogburn
    Wallis was born in Houma, Louisiana, the daughter of Qulyndreia, a teacher, and Venjie Wallis, Sr., a truck driver.[1][6][7] "Quven", the first part of her name, combines her parents' first names, while her mother has stated that zhané means "fairy" in Swahili.[8]
    I disagree with her name, so I am inclined to believe that the allegations are true.

Matt-
  • 700700 Praying 5 times a day to catch a plug Plap City, FLAPosts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont even kno who that is
    KingJamal wrote: »
    @b00kie do u have any Boosie stories u can tell?

b00kie wrote: »
    KingJamal wrote: »
    @b00kie do u have any Boosie stories u can tell?
    haha He cool man, I wasn't in the streets but

He was always lil, like 5'3. But a big mouth, couple times nigga had to square up. At the football game he took that stick the drum major had and cracked a nigga over the head w it and broke the stick

Nigga was cold on the bball court though, I didn't get that starting spot until he stopped coming to school. School let out at 3 we had to stay till the games at 6 so he used to just rap about whatever people talkin about passng time.

Then he started hanging w C-Loc and them, rappin/hustling whatever, rarely came to school anymore. When he did he would just be Polo down.... come, counting stacks $ at recess, everybody lookin.

OH and biology class blunt fell out his ear and the teacher tried to grab it. He twist that lady arm grabbed the blunt off the floor n left. lol
    Far from a groupie...but a Boosie story

Nga was in the club and I was out and about in another state..I was doing business there and decide to step out...and heard dude was going to be at the club on the radio...Now I don't know dude like that..but again my patnas know dude...I goes to the club..dude has his own section in the club..him and his crew and a few women...I walk up to the area and he comes over and he like you be in B.R. and you be wit such and such and I was like yea..he like mayne what you doing out here..I told him.. he was like..mayne you family come on in V.I.P. and get what you want..you want this..you want that..i was like nah..nga handed me a bottle and told me just to take it...again I don't know dude like that to be gettin a bottle..but the love he showed..I see why ngas love this nga down here so much...so I was leaving the club after he performed..nga was like you good you need bread..you need money on a room..and I was like shocked the nga even reached out like that..and I was like nah.. Nga didn't care who you were..if he fucks wit you..he fucks wit you..that's why alot cats fuck wit the lil nga...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uMoBtaS-wvg&fb_source=message
  • starvinstarvin Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah..that really wasn't funny
    tumblr_mhpoqebgSs1s1wxobo1_400.gif
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    p-tavern wrote: »
    I didn't think anyone outside the Chinese govt. took things by The Onion to heart.

SAS-Onion.jpg

5057b2f4e933f.png

lol "they said I got a kid....they tryna tear me down!" lol he makes it sound like some kinda insult

Matt-Young Stef

you've never encountered foreigners with hard to pronounce names? greeks, indians, asians, africans etc. how is this really different?

i don't even know who this is. I just assumed it was a lil black boy

it's a girl

i'm just talking generally tho. why do folks so frown up these hard to pronounce black names, yet don't feel the same about hard to pronounce foreign names. just a thought i had

i try to frown upon anyone who isn't like me
    Kai
  • lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UPosts: 18,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    it's the onion they been trolling for over a decade

some of their stories are funny as shit
    Matt-