What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Too Short didn't know Trinidad James sampled him for "All Gold Everything"

sullysully Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭✭✭
Trinidad James' "All Gold Everything" was one of the biggest hit records of 2012, helping to propel the rapper into the spotlight. But where did that hypnotizing beat come from?

In a recent interview with Vlad TV, Too Short sat down to talk about his song "I Luv," which is claimed to be slowed-down sample for Trinidad's "All Gold Everything." He says he didn't even know about the song until he looked up his own single.

"At one point I went to look up the video that's out now, the new version, and mine popped up right next to it so somebody knows something," Too Short said. "Fourteen years later I'm just checking it out and the 'All Gold Everything' song comes on and it was the first time I ever heard it and I was like, 'Whoa,' because it's very distinct."

Too Short says that he too got inspiration from music that was released before his time and is fine with Trinidad James using his song. "I can't tell you how many times I've turned to Parliament Funkadelic for inspiration and actually just outright and replayed or sampled a song," he said. "As long as we take care of everything properly it's all love."

The West Coast rapper most recently teamed with E-40 to release a pair of collaborative albums, History: Mob Music and History: Function Music. The former bowed at No. 71 and the latter at No. 62, selling 5,700 and 6,500 copies, respectively.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZtZAsbYjDcs
DMTxTHCbuttuh_bsouth4lifeMr.FortejonoBarryHallsBelovedAfeni

Replies

• _Menace__Menace_ 4 MOD West.Side.CaliforniaPosts: 26,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    inB4some1getssued
    A GODDESS/ICON & THE GREATEST FEMALE ARTIST EVER: MARIAH CAREY
    tumblr_mkz8t79VkZ1rmjy4go8_400.gif

KOBE "BEAN" BRYANT
    tumblr_mohdwqEFUv1rz7szho1_500.gif

AMARI COOPER
    coopered.0.gif

Dress Like You Listen To Sinatra And Act Like You Listen To Pac
    rsz_12frank_zps16b2228d.jpg
    http://www.reverbnation.com/mcmenace
    Emcee Menace-The Stranger (Prod.By A.Joy) [Billy Joel Sample]
    Mr.ForteSheerExcellenceBarryHallsCashmoneyDux
  • mosincrediblemosincredible Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I see an interview with Short, he being 100 and I respect how he going about this situation.
    "This for my niggas that log on to AllHipHop / And listen to niggas they never heard cause they love hip hop" - Ab-Soul, "Passion", from Longterm Mentality 2

YouTube | SoundCloud

A beat I made in the spoiler if you happen to give a damn
    mike06
  • achewon87achewon87 Low End Theorist Survivor Series '97Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither did I. Good to see he is not being all salty about it.

• Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To those who never heard the aforementioned song..here's the instrumental.
    To be a real hood you need more than just a gun. You need ideas.

tumblr_m9zas2KcdZ1rnneano1_1280.gif
    Mr.ForteDMTxTHC
  • Mr.ForteMr.Forte Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too Short & E-40 - Doin' The Fool (f/ Pastor Troy & Pimp C)

str8 classic
    numbaz...80's babyJDSTAYWITIT
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 25,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Todd shaw is a real nigga
    The Hacker. Top Cat. Tex. Wishbone Jones. George Costanza.
    ohhhlaMr.Forte700
  • south4lifesouth4life Bama Repesenta! Posts: 9,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Yo I ain't heard this song in a minute, i pulled out all my cd cases and played this song and it does sound like All Gold sampled this.
    MY SQUADS

MIAMI HEAT - 2006, 2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
    NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - 2010 XLIV Super Bowl Champions
    ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE - 2010, 2012 & 2013 BCS National Champions, 2015 CFB Champions

• HarlemThumzUpHarlemThumzUp Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    annnndddddddddd like he said samplin is apart of hiphop.
    Mr.ForteOGClarenceBoddickerStoneColdMikey
  • YapatnaJBYapatnaJB Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The I luv video got play like a muthafuka on bet uncut.. Short, Daz, Trick Daddy & Scarface all killed the track
    Mr.Fortesouth4life313 wayz
  • YapatnaJBYapatnaJB Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UPosts: 18,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Mr.ForteMr.Forte Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too $hort - Dope fiend beat

• A1000MILESA1000MILES Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 o'clock in the mornin...Where ya gonna be...?

ON DA COUCH WATCHIN UNCUT...!!!
    Peep my latest project...Practice Makes Profit 2...Free Stream/Download...

http://johnwade.bandcamp.com/
    YapatnaJBsouth4lifemike06StoneColdMikey
  • 700700 Praying 5 times a day to catch a plug Plap City, FLAPosts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    i respect too short for that

that nigga is old as fuck tho
    KingJamal wrote: »
    @b00kie do u have any Boosie stories u can tell?

b00kie wrote: »
    KingJamal wrote: »
    @b00kie do u have any Boosie stories u can tell?
    haha He cool man, I wasn't in the streets but

He was always lil, like 5'3. But a big mouth, couple times nigga had to square up. At the football game he took that stick the drum major had and cracked a nigga over the head w it and broke the stick

Nigga was cold on the bball court though, I didn't get that starting spot until he stopped coming to school. School let out at 3 we had to stay till the games at 6 so he used to just rap about whatever people talkin about passng time.

Then he started hanging w C-Loc and them, rappin/hustling whatever, rarely came to school anymore. When he did he would just be Polo down.... come, counting stacks $ at recess, everybody lookin.

OH and biology class blunt fell out his ear and the teacher tried to grab it. He twist that lady arm grabbed the blunt off the floor n left. lol
    Far from a groupie...but a Boosie story

Nga was in the club and I was out and about in another state..I was doing business there and decide to step out...and heard dude was going to be at the club on the radio...Now I don't know dude like that..but again my patnas know dude...I goes to the club..dude has his own section in the club..him and his crew and a few women...I walk up to the area and he comes over and he like you be in B.R. and you be wit such and such and I was like yea..he like mayne what you doing out here..I told him.. he was like..mayne you family come on in V.I.P. and get what you want..you want this..you want that..i was like nah..nga handed me a bottle and told me just to take it...again I don't know dude like that to be gettin a bottle..but the love he showed..I see why ngas love this nga down here so much...so I was leaving the club after he performed..nga was like you good you need bread..you need money on a room..and I was like shocked the nga even reached out like that..and I was like nah.. Nga didn't care who you were..if he fucks wit you..he fucks wit you..that's why alot cats fuck wit the lil nga...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uMoBtaS-wvg&fb_source=message
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 29,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good. That's the best response to being sampled. Let the shit go.
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
    A1000MILES
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 27,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the dude who made the beat is a forklift driver from Mississippi (Grip better step it up) named Devon Gallaspy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xF4C9TIvfg

tompetrez3 wrote: »
    All this talk about y'all mamas being 30s and 40s kinda lowkey turning me on. I want to hit somebody mama off the IC real talk. I'm a fuck around and end up one of y'all niggas stepdad sitting around in a wife beater taking my frustrations with Jay Z out on y'all with a belt.
    OGClarenceBoddickerKNiGHTSPeezy_JenkinsStoneColdMikey
  • A1000MILESA1000MILES Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    Good. That's the best response to being sampled. Let the shit go.

He still wants his money...He said "as long as erthing gets handled properly"...But I know what you mean...All these outrageous lawsuits make no sense in the world of music...It's sposed to be bout creativity...It's one thing of somebody just blatantly steals/ruins your ideas, but other than that, let the art be the art...
    Peep my latest project...Practice Makes Profit 2...Free Stream/Download...

http://johnwade.bandcamp.com/
    CashmoneyDuxmc317
  • BarryHallsBarryHalls Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    illedout wrote: »
    if TJ don't cut that check,
    Don't be surprised if Short dog sues him..

Too Short - "As long as we take care of everything properly it's all love."

Yea, I caught that part. Short just comes off as not being another bitter ass old rapper. He giving him time to work out a reasonable deal without going str8 2 a courtroom & filiing a 50-elem million dollar lawsuit.

How is he being bitter? Its business. You wouldnt like if someone found success using your material and you not seeing a dime.
    03-029-A-Pulled-Pork-Sandwich-Homemade-Coleslaw_xl.jpg

o.jpg

bbq_chicken1.jpg

giphy.gif
    StoneColdMikey
  • KNiGHTSKNiGHTS Mr. Fifth Letter Your ConsciencePosts: 4,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaySwift wrote: »
    illedout wrote: »
    if TJ don't cut that check,
    Don't be surprised if Short dog sues him..

Too Short - "As long as we take care of everything properly it's all love."

Yea, I caught that part. Short just comes off as not being another bitter ass old rapper. He giving him time to work out a reasonable deal without going str8 2 a courtroom & filiing a 50-elem million dollar lawsuit.

How is he being bitter? Its business. You wouldnt like if someone found success using your material and you not seeing a dime.

He said NOT being another bitter ass old rapper. As in Short ain't bitter.