What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

NFL player still has a job paying $7.50 hr when he makes $350k a year playing in the league.

CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggasCyttorax DimensionPosts: 43,931 Regulator
edited February 2013 in For The Grown & Sexy

Says he's doing it to set and example for young boys and girls. I can't knock dude but I don't think I could work at Jimmy Johns making subs when I know I don't have to.

Is this a good example he's setting or could he have used better resources to show kids that having a job is not a bad thing.

NFL player still has a job paying $7.50 hr when he makes $350k a year playing in the league. 55 votes

Yes...Good example and more power two him
60%
Recaptimus_Prime360vitoriaBelovedAfenirooster_cogburnMarcusGarveys_a_m_r_i_oLcnsdbyROYALTYhueyqawshuncobblandBiblicalAtheist unspoken_respectWill Munnycaddo manTheBoyRoYoung_ChitlinBilly_PonchoWhoisDonG???TheIraqking bloo 33 votes
No...He can always go to schools and give back
10%
goodlookinoutThe Lonious MonkCainHarlemThumzUpLurker6Drew_Ali 6 votes
Fuck I look like trying to save some kids
29%
nawledge_godineedpussyDirty SanchezSerious Juice MayneBigBallsNoWorriescoop9889JDSTAYWITITnumbaz...80's babyBuilt 4 cuban linxgr8VALueLou_CypherpurpngoldKamPushMeOhPeeSocialAssassinRatiRubato Garcia 16 votes
I mod without feelings or remorse.

Just been through it all man
Blood sweat and tears
Niggaz is dead and shit
What the fuck else can happen yo?
I dont think much more son, word to mother yo
We done seen it all, and been through it all yo
Let y'all niggaz know right now
Word to mother, for real, for real
I aint ever goin back

Replies

• s_a_m_r_i_os_a_m_r_i_o Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When certain actors/actresses are not doing movies, they're working a job or doing something constructive.
    Young Stef2 Drawlz
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 66,886 Regulator
    he not a pro but good example and more power to him
  • Rubato GarciaRubato Garcia Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More power TWO him?

And I was going to click it until I saw that
    Recaptimus_Prime360
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 43,931 Regulator
    More power TWO him?

can't edit a poll smh
    I mod without feelings or remorse.

Just been through it all man
    Blood sweat and tears
    Niggaz is dead and shit
    What the fuck else can happen yo?
    I dont think much more son, word to mother yo
    We done seen it all, and been through it all yo
    Let y'all niggaz know right now
    Word to mother, for real, for real
    I aint ever goin back
  • Dr.ChemixDr.Chemix Posts: 11,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see nothing wrong...I guess it's good for example but most importantly it shows that if you gotta work a restaurant job, you shouldn't be ashamed...at least you working trying to make do

The principle, YOUR academics inadmissiable
    You're indefensible, my style is so comprehensible
    Cats take it to heart like a ventricle
    You temporary like a weather pattern
    Forgot. I'm like you never happened
    Don't never say whatever happened to Mos?
    My light shine boast from the East to the Left Coast..

199164-Akira.jpg
    numbaz...80's babyLcnsdbyROYALTYmanofmorehouse
  • MarcusGarveyMarcusGarvey Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    350k is a good start, but the running back shelf life is 3.5 years, so I hope he's stacking that cheese (and planning his next move) or else he's gonna have to be laying cheese on a burger when it's all said and done
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 25,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can understand what he's trying to do, but there is a such thing as working better not harder. It's not setting much of an example to moonlight in a dead end job. Too many people do that type of shit anyway.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

m63Y62.gif
    Lurker6
  • So ILLSo ILL Posts: 15,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ "Fuck I Look Like Trying To Save Some Kids"

But he's working, you can't knock somebody working at all. They could be doing a lot worse.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Posts: 63,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brittany Molinar...smang.
    AGSN: OUR MOVEMENT STILL CONTINUES.
  • qawshunqawshun Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I respect it. Someone need to set sime type of example instead of skate boarding and feeding the kids bs
    "lose money or lose sleep"
    daily_gifdump_123_05.giftumblr_me2cb1Jh511r74705o1_r1_500.gif[img][/img]ba1mo79oaeod.png
  • Black Boy KingBlack Boy King Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    first and foremost, i support him trying to set examples for young folk.

though he could take it a step further. if not run his own restaurant and EMPLOY these youth, support local black owned spot. i mean he did say "dont forget where you came from"...

but i digress. he's actually active in trying to help our youth and I am just all talk right now
    BelovedAfenimanofmorehouse
  • atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi DragonstonePosts: 13,304 Regulator
    edited February 2013
    before clicking i thought it would be cromartie tryna get some bread up for all that damn child support
    Black Boy Kingtha bauselord_infamous
  • Rhyme_ReligionRhyme_Religion Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭✭
    He on a grinding mission . Free sandwiches for the team I guess . Ron Artest worked @ Best Buy his rookie year with the Bulls ,only because he got the employee discount
    caddo manPiffyHaze
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Posts: 63,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok BUT, if he was the star running back making millions, who he STILL be working there for 7.50/hr during the off season?
    AGSN: OUR MOVEMENT STILL CONTINUES.
  • HarlemThumzUpHarlemThumzUp Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    makes me wanna smack my own self in the face with this cane ...i shoulda kept playin football, at worst a nigga be on the bench making 350k .
  • 1CK1S1CK1S Posts: 27,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That doesn't mean anything didn't Kurt Warner work as a grocery store bagger around the same time he started playing for the AFL???
    I don't have dreams I have goals. Dreams are what you have when you are sleep. Goals are what you strive to reach when you are awake!
  • tha bausetha bause Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jimmy johns is that spot. Get that roast beef and turkey with bacon
    PM5n696.gif
    1005014gs.jpg
  • 1of11of1 Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the Gargantuan
    tha bauseRubato Garcia
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 51,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cry for attention.