What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Hip Hop Album Sales: The Week Ending 2/24/2013

StillFaggyAFStillFaggyAF QueerLGBT CommunityPosts: 40,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2013 in The Reason
#16. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - The Heist - 22,000 (379,000) strong sales, will go gold by end of 2013

#30. Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d city - 15,000 (746,000) strong sales, will go plat by the summer

#32. A$AP Rocky - Long.Live.A$AP - 14,000 (245,000) strong sales, prolly won;t go gold

#43. T.I. - Trouble Man: Heavy Is The Head - 12,000 (401,000) good album, gold by the summer

#59. 2 Chainz - Based On A T.R.U. Story - 7,600 (550,000) two chainz, fo bracelets

#64. Wiz Khalifa - O.N.I.F.C. - 6,800 (330,000) strong fanbase so gold by early 2014

#69. Joe Budden - No Love Lost - 6,300 (47,000) embarassing

#81. Chief Keef - Finally Rich - 4,900 (134,000) ehh

#92. Game - Jesus Piece - 4,100 (201,000) dope album, embrassing sales

#96. Trinidad James - Don't Be S.A.F.E. - 4,000 (11,000) wut

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.23044/title.hip-hop-album-sales-the-week-ending-2-24-2013

LvbxPzB.gif

tumblr_nhmcjbdFri1snb2l4o5_r1_500.gif
full?d=1430459989

Replies

• mike06mike06 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn Game...smh...why should 50 do a reunion wit you again?
    aladdin1978sapp08_2001genocidecutter
  • WiseGuyyWiseGuyy Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn I gotta Go out & Support Joe. Chief Keep Has almost triple His sales smh
    tumblr_mizvm6qgBr1r416kro1_500.jpg
    tumblrmaevxpaggo1qhjxaa.gif
    gns
  • starvinstarvin Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dayum kendrick
    tumblr_mhpoqebgSs1s1wxobo1_400.gif
  • 700700 Praying 5 times a day to catch a plug Plap City, FLAPosts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    when the misshapen headed kendrick lamar drop money trees he goin platinum
    KingJamal wrote: »
    @b00kie do u have any Boosie stories u can tell?

b00kie wrote: »
    KingJamal wrote: »
    @b00kie do u have any Boosie stories u can tell?
    haha He cool man, I wasn't in the streets but

He was always lil, like 5'3. But a big mouth, couple times nigga had to square up. At the football game he took that stick the drum major had and cracked a nigga over the head w it and broke the stick

Nigga was cold on the bball court though, I didn't get that starting spot until he stopped coming to school. School let out at 3 we had to stay till the games at 6 so he used to just rap about whatever people talkin about passng time.

Then he started hanging w C-Loc and them, rappin/hustling whatever, rarely came to school anymore. When he did he would just be Polo down.... come, counting stacks $ at recess, everybody lookin.

OH and biology class blunt fell out his ear and the teacher tried to grab it. He twist that lady arm grabbed the blunt off the floor n left. lol
    Far from a groupie...but a Boosie story

Nga was in the club and I was out and about in another state..I was doing business there and decide to step out...and heard dude was going to be at the club on the radio...Now I don't know dude like that..but again my patnas know dude...I goes to the club..dude has his own section in the club..him and his crew and a few women...I walk up to the area and he comes over and he like you be in B.R. and you be wit such and such and I was like yea..he like mayne what you doing out here..I told him.. he was like..mayne you family come on in V.I.P. and get what you want..you want this..you want that..i was like nah..nga handed me a bottle and told me just to take it...again I don't know dude like that to be gettin a bottle..but the love he showed..I see why ngas love this nga down here so much...so I was leaving the club after he performed..nga was like you good you need bread..you need money on a room..and I was like shocked the nga even reached out like that..and I was like nah.. Nga didn't care who you were..if he fucks wit you..he fucks wit you..that's why alot cats fuck wit the lil nga...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uMoBtaS-wvg&fb_source=message
    MrCrookedLetter
  • mike06mike06 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mike06 wrote: »
    damn Game...smh...why should 50 do a reunion wit you again?
    cause 50 can't even get his album released

yeah what happened cuz i thought he got his buzz back up wit Major Distribution....now when is he suppose to come out?
  • 5th Letter5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Posts: 36,751 Regulator
    Game needs to continue to push the album on a grassroots level and grind the album to gold.
    Fuck who's the baddest a persons status depends on salary
    That buck that bought that bottle could have struck the lotto
    The Recipe
  • lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UPosts: 18,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    This should tell Game that you just can't drop a album with 20 features and expect ppl to spend thier money on your product. You selling and presenting yourself in you music but he got more feature verses then his own verses. Put out a compilation and you get a compilation sales.

And you really can't psuh the album b/c every single has somebody else on the track. Folks not even sure whose track it is. Then you gotta shoot a video and coordinate with another artist on that shit.
    _Menace_sapp08_2001
  • _Menace__Menace_ 4 MOD West.Side.CaliforniaPosts: 26,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game needs to wake up and drop an album with less name dropping and less than 5 features...
    A GODDESS/ICON & THE GREATEST FEMALE ARTIST EVER: MARIAH CAREY
    tumblr_mkz8t79VkZ1rmjy4go8_400.gif

KOBE "BEAN" BRYANT
    tumblr_mohdwqEFUv1rz7szho1_500.gif

AMARI COOPER
    coopered.0.gif

Dress Like You Listen To Sinatra And Act Like You Listen To Pac
    rsz_12frank_zps16b2228d.jpg
    http://www.reverbnation.com/mcmenace
    Emcee Menace-The Stranger (Prod.By A.Joy) [Billy Joel Sample]
    sapp08_2001genocidecutter32DaysOfInfiniti
  • farrellfarrell Posts: 109
    Macklemore -will see gold.
    T.I. - Will hit gold by years end.
    ASAP - is probably not seeing gold but I fuck with the album.
    Wiz -I don't see hitting gold. He only pushing 7 and at 330? His sales will keep getting lower so 500 is kind of far off.
    Joe Budden - I never even expected those numbers so ill say good for him. I picked up the album and enjoyed it. That Wayne single was weak as fuck though.
    Game- probably the biggest shame here. I bought the album and thought it was great but with that many features its no wonder the public was turned off from it. He could drop that hey lady joint and get a few more sales.
    Kendrick - still going strong. Hard to say if this is plat by summer but by years end yes.
    Keef - I don't give a fuck.
    WiseGuyyAlready Home_17gns
  • CirocObamaCirocObama Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Like any of that would change @menace @lamontbdclamontbdc. It's easy to come off with those justifications after the fact.

Realiy is he isn't out there enough for the main consumers of hip-hop albums, aka kids. Also, he's considered old. Not old in age but old as in era. Him, 50 and many more are to kids associated with that era. Reason why someone like Kanye transcended was because he branched out, ironically the thing y'all hate when artist do.

Game's name isn't on the radar like that. At the end of the day people go off popularity/trendyness, oversaturation/mass production and things like that. In order to get that your name has to ring a bell with the main audience, meaning you have to be featured on popular songs, have to be at award shows etc.

I would be willing to pay a G for a bet that even if he dropped an non-namedroppin' album with 0 features the sales still would've decreased.
    2 Drawlz32DaysOfInfiniti
  • sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse San DiegoPosts: 7,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy for kendrick. But Game.... Damn. I guarantee 50 sell quadriple that.
    DarthRozayTheRicanKing
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 29,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is Game signed to?
    Who is Joe Budden signed to?

I haven't seen any label push for either of those cats.
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
    illedout32DaysOfInfiniti
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 20,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    Who is Game signed to?

This was Game's last album on Interscope. Budden is on E1 I believe
  • damayor187damayor187 Posts: 387 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    funny how these big name rappers selling low but a underground artist Evil Pimp can sell 23,000 first week out the gate. have a #1 online album without youtube videos and worldstar.

Straight Memphis Shit.

sapp08_2001genocidecuttergnsWild Self
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Props to Kendrick man...
    THIRDSUPREME
    Who is Game signed to?

So u don't think fif can outsell games' shit?
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 20,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is Game signed to?

nah. definitely not quadruple that like you said.
    Who is Game signed to?

nah. definitely not quadruple that like you said.

Are you willing to make a wager my friend?
    32DaysOfInfiniti
  • Gen. StasiaGen. Stasia Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn Meek Album didnt even sell 4k this week? Nigga is no where on the charts smh
    sapp08_2001
  • StillFaggyAFStillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityPosts: 40,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Damn Meek Album didnt even sell 4k this week? Nigga is no where on the charts smh

hiphopdx doesn't show everything

i don't have exact numbers but its at around 325k sold at #156, 16 weeks on the charts

LvbxPzB.gif

tumblr_nhmcjbdFri1snb2l4o5_r1_500.gif
    full?d=1430459989