What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

RZA talks about how they got Method Man to do the song 'All I Need'

sullysully Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭✭✭
He also explained the story behind Method Man’s Mary J. Blige-assisted “I’ll Be There For You/You’re All I Need To Get By,” a cut Meth originally did not want to do. According to RZA, Meth refused to make the song a single until he was given a car and a Mary J. Blige placement.

“Method Man, at the time, was considered the most hardest emcee in the game," RZA noted. "He had a song called ‘Bring the Pain.’ He’s 6’4” and in my neighborhood, he would walk around with the biggest gun you’ve ever seen. So, he did not want to be a pretty boy or a type of boy that girls liked, you know what I mean? I remember we did this song in my basement and I kind of forced him to do the song…We had to promise to buy him a new car and get Mary J. Blige to do the hook in order for this to be the single. It turned out this song became maybe a double platinum seller for him. Him and Mary won a Grammy [that] year.”

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.18643/title.rza-run-dmcs-rev-run-dj-khaled-more-share-stories-for-bmis-how-i-wrote-that-song
DMTxTHCBuilt 4 cuban linxking hassan(Nope)Ear2DaStLV_Donstupot0607$ineedmoney$Solitary SoldierAlready Home_17idoitforhiphop10Valentinez A. KaiserWiseGuyyNah Sona.mannDisciplined InSight_Menace_purpngoldtrilladelicBlackAX410buttuh_bNothingButTheTruth

Replies