Depression.

VIBEVIBE Awww Yeeaah!Posts: 40,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
Lets talk about it.

Do you think it's all in the mind?
Is it a legit disease?

I ask because this is all I hear from certain family members, to me, it seems like some cheap excuse they're using to forgive the things they do or don't do.

Replies

• Lou_CypherLou_Cypher One Cold Ass Honkey It's Cold, AlaskaPosts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All in the mind. Control your own outlook on things. I dont think they have a medical name for people that are always happy.
    LUClENceothachosen1
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 34,988 Regulator
    Legit disease. Only dealt with it once, first yr in college, outta my peeps crib for the first time. Nigga was broke as fuck. That shit wasnt fun, alcohol became my friend lol
    Ajackson17
  • Gold_CertificateGold_Certificate Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All in the mind.
    whitecracker
  • PremeerPremeer Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legit disease. Only dealt with it once, first yr in college, outta my peeps crib for the first time. Nigga was broke as fuck. That shit wasnt fun, alcohol became my friend lol
    its not a damn disease. its a mental struggle.

you just listed the reasons why you was depressed and being broke is not a disease.

ceothachosen1
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 34,988 Regulator
    100 Prime wrote: »
    its not a damn disease. its a mental struggle.

you just listed the reasons why you was depressed and being broke is not a disease.

Same thing, fuck it.
    Lurkristocrat
  • VIBEVIBE Awww Yeeaah! Posts: 40,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    Of course it's in the mind dumb fuck... And yes it is legit...

LOL

Nah, I'm saying, is it sort of a placebo type effect or is depression truly a disease?

People go through shit, but some are harder on themselves about things, they're more in their feelings. So they cannot get out of a slump, go see a doctor and are labeled "depressed". Does this play into their mind, "oh, doctor says I'm depressed, so therefore I must be", so they are in a state of depression forever.

• Got Em ShookGot Em Shook Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    weak minded people
    Will MunnyPiffyHazefuc_i_look_likeLUClENIgot5onitwillhustleblacktuxDWOceothachosen1
  • Dr.ChemixDr.Chemix Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...prescribing expensive ass pills. You might as well hit up yo d man and get some tree for all that. It's cheaper
  • NIKE...NIKE... Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Everybody get depressed b..some only feel it for a day or two and some feel it over an entire lifetime..I think most folks should be honest and open about their depression, that way they can get help..I think some folks are more likely to be depressed over others due to the fact, it is a chemical imbalance..

But history has shown there is extreme profit in depression..from art to politics, the expression of depression, pain and the desolate feeling of futility can inspire a person to accomplish great things..

I think it's a disease but I also think some folks enjoy being depressed..they are the extreme of those that are always happy and in a good mood..
    UniversalmindstateMeesterTheBoyRo
  • Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious Posts: 26,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see that yall stuck on the word disease... Look up the word and you will see that its an appropriate word for serious cases of prolonged depression...
    I see that yall stuck on the word disease... Look up the word and you will see that its an appropriate word for serious cases of prolonged depression...

Pretty much just called 100 Prime a dummy
    Ajackson17
  • Will MunnyWill Munny I eat pussy on the 1st date. Posts: 24,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Back when I was a kid, they called it a homesick, and the best cure for that is to stop feeling sorry yourself.

Stewblacktuxceothachosen1
  • Matt-Matt- Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the mental, non viral version of AIDS
    You know you're white when you get your drugs from the pharmacist. Shit who ain't on drugs these days? Do people realize who powerful some of these drugs they give out are? Every body livin in a daze lookin through rose colored glasses. People can't take reality no more, bunch of damn pussies everywhere I look.

Fuck this gay earth.
    Matt-tha bause
    Will Munny wrote: »

Back when I was a kid, they called it a homesick, and the best cure for that is to stop feeling sorry yourself.

lol it was a combination of things. If you knew where my parents live at you'd know I wasnt home sick.
  • Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious Posts: 26,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    No shit it's a chemical imbalance in your brain. A chemical imbalance that YOU created within the chasms of your mind. Whatever the mind commands the body follows

I just don't believe in pills as solution. It takes you either facing the problem dead on, forgiveness, hobbies or exercising etc. In other words, you have the power to correct your "chemical imbalance".
    Word... Going str8 to medication is some bs...
    Dr.ChemixStew
  • HafBaykedHafBayked Just A Nut Lookin For A Squirrel RATCHET CITY, LAPosts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    shits real.....
  • VIBEVIBE Awww Yeeaah! Posts: 40,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No shit it's a chemical imbalance in your brain. A chemical imbalance that YOU created within the chasms of your mind. Whatever the mind commands the body follows

I just don't believe in pills as solution. It takes you either facing the problem dead on, forgiveness, hobbies or exercising etc. In other words, you have the power to correct your "chemical imbalance".

That's why it's such a big deal, slam someone with depression and they gotta cash out a shit load for those pills, seems like some bullshit.

Diets can change that easily.
  • $ineedmoney$$ineedmoney$ The bushes is watchin'... Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI....Fish oil tablets help ward off heart disease and depression.
    [Deleted User]fuc_i_look_likeMeester
    VIBE wrote: »

That's why it's such a big deal, slam someone with depression and they gotta cash out a shit load for those pills, seems like some bullshit.

Diets can change that easily.

Word B, I be feeling down sometimes. I add a one of them Oreo Brownie Earthquake sundaes from DQ to my diet, god damn that shit cheer me up.
    Dr.ChemixVIBEROZAYTABERNACLECashmoneyDux
  • Dr.ChemixDr.Chemix Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn that shit sounds fire right now
  • PremeerPremeer Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    pretty much just explained hes just relying on science for an explanation.
    leave it to science, they will tell you depression is not curable. which is also false.

yea it has long term side effects, like lack of motivation, loss of sexual desire, etc.. but that comes with the mental struggle. your mind control your body.

i use to be diagnosed with depression for 8 years.. it got wiped away clean in a week, tops.

pretty much just shitted on you and stopit5...

Pretty much just called 100 Prime a dummy

2 Drawlz