Are You Cultured?

StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhymeWe run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 36,661 Regulator
Do you interact with other races, people from other places other than your little town that you live in? Its ok to say no cause clearly some of you arent. Is it normal to not be cultured? I wouldnt know from the life that Ive lived.
NIKE...blackjack2012

Replies

• playmaker88playmaker88 Mobile, Agile, Hostile Posts: 54,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cultured .... usually synonymous withe having european/cac sensibilities so...
    gnsAggyAF
  • Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious Hypocrite The BashmentPosts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course I am... I'm still a bastard tho...
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 36,661 Regulator
    cultured .... usually synonymous withe having european/cac sensibilities so...

Explain
  • NIKE...NIKE... Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruh...this thread is towers-esque dry braggin..trying to seperate the niggas that buy seagrams from the ketel 1 drinkers lol
    gnsCashmoneyDux
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance I was once in a barbershop quartet in Skokie, IL LA, CAPosts: 31,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very cultured...
    Purrhuey
  • BoldChildBoldChild Born alone, die alone. Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not cultured, whatever that means in this thread, but I will interact with people from other races and cultures.
    playmaker88
    edited March 2013
    BoldChild wrote: »
    I'm not cultured, whatever that means in this thread, but I will interact with people from other races and cultures.

Correction, I'm cultured, but I don't have cultured taste.

Correction 2: I'm not cultured.

cul·tured (klchrd)
    adj.
    1. Educated, polished, and refined; cultivated.
    2. Produced under artificial and controlled conditions: cultured pearls.
    cultured [ˈkʌltʃəd]
    adj
    1. showing or having good taste, manners, upbringing, and education
    2. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Biology) artificially grown or synthesized cultured pearls
    gns
    when i hear someone saying that its usually in a bougie.. (spelling) type of vibe...that gives acclaim and unwarranted prestige to cracker shit...being "cultured" doesnt make the other side of the fence better just different,, thats the best i can do ...
    NIKE...gnss3nterocks
    To me cultured means being a white, or a white-washed person (Carlton) who went to some preppy private school, and then went to an Ivy league college, and they routinely go to wine tasting events with a bunch of in the closet gay white men, and shit like that where you discuss the latest high culture art, and Operas.

^ Basically, I think that's the culture "cultured" people are apart of in America.
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 36,661 Regulator
    To me cultured means being a white, or a white-washed person (Carlton) who went to some preppy private school, and then went to an Ivy league college, and they routinely go to wine tasting events with a bunch of in the closet gay white men, and shit like that where you discuss the latest high culture art, and Operas.

^ Basically, I think that's the culture "cultured" people are apart of in America.

Thats not true at all and arent you white?
    Mister B.
  • konceptjoneskonceptjones Old School Playa Posts: 9,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am (the textbook definition), but I can turn that shit off like a light switch when the occasion calls for it.
    Stew

Thats not true at all and arent you white?

It may not be true, but what is true is that specific culture in America who are usually tied with old money would deem someone not cultured simply because they listen to Hio-Hop.

@ the bold.

No
    that shit must have hit home..
  • NIKE...NIKE... Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    being cultured does make a person better b...you can drop all types of instances where it doesn't but truth is, the man that embraces life from outside of his comfort zone, deserves all the rewards that come along with it...all that pro black shit is useless without the acknowledgement and experiece of all shades..I'm a cultured nigga..I say that bcuz regardless of how good I move in circles beyond hood/middle ground life, I'm still gonna be compared to the ignorant criminal nigga the news and hollywood seems to love..being cultured has nothing to do with a white man...it has everything with peeping humanity and knowing how to move within those guidelines..I pity niggas that never left city limits..I know a few cats that have never left the south side of chicago..do I think I'm better than them? Hell yeah I do...do I look down on them and feel elite towards them? Nah not even a little...some niggas aint meant to leave the jungle b
    CP203Lou_Cypher
  • Ajackson17Ajackson17 God King Posts: 17,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty cultured and recognized other cultures and their history.
  • DA_Executionah! DA_Executionah! wassup ya'll TURN UP! TRUST ME THIS ONES A STINKAH!!!!Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nope I'm a cretin a bore a slob and a miscreant.
  • SleepwalkingInJapanSleepwalkingInJapan Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm cultured. I've traveled, I can interact with different types of people etc

this.
    Stew
  • Gold_CertificateGold_Certificate Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am "educated, polished, and refined; cultivated" as fuck.

That's usually the first thing niggas and bitches note upon meeting me.
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 21,884 ✭✭✭✭✭