What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

$2.6 million winner has just $10 left

Replies

• So ILLSo ILL Posts: 16,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's crazy, just shows that money can't buy everything. He was probably better off without it if he was going to record an album that only sold 600 copies...
  • ImTheKangRoundHereImTheKangRoundHere Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol tough break nigga
    tumblr_mhrbesjcOx1rqrau3o1_500.gif[img][/img]
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 51,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    at least he aint Shenco
    Dirty SanchezBuilt 4 cuban linxMzKB
  • ShizlanskyShizlansky Posts: 34,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well he was earnings $700 a day off interest.

To bad that went sour.

Well he did invest.
    (Really though?)
  • Down South SlanginDown South Slangin Posts: 207 ✭✭
    This nigga....

You got to be a stupid Mf'er to rob yo self.
  • OuncemanOunceman Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    r.prince18 wrote: »
    Mr Griffiths also paid close to $50,000 to make a record with his old band, FMB, which ended up selling just 600 copies.

2e4lnqd.gif

tumblr_lrxxy1qkwP1qdmfbco1_500.jpg

Fetch.jpg
    PiffyHazeCashmoneyDuxMzKB
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't think some people get just how stupid this was. People in here talking like he had to live frugal or something to make the most out of that money. He didn't. The interest along would instantly put his family in the upper class. He could have lived pretty lavishly and still been good. The probably wasn't that he was balling. the problem was that he was balling like that 2.6 mil was an annual salary and not a one time deal.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

m63Y62.gif
  • Crude_Crude_ Legend Posts: 19,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A fool and his money shall soon part ways....
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niggas can sit up and say what they wont and will do but im sure all that investing shit wouldnt happen. Yall would spend that money just like cuzzo did. Stop frontin...
  • loch121loch121 Posts: 12,792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I want to call him a dumb ass, life is crazy and if you don't know how to handle that type of doe, which a poor/middleclass person doesn't anybody can go broke

That's fucked up
    Loch Afro American Psycho EP/mixtape http://www.datpiff.com/Loch-Afro-American-Psycho-mixtape.740928.html
    Loch's youtube channel youtube.com/lochofmceo
    Loch Afro American Horror Story Mixtape Hosted by @DJDooWop http://piff.me/d91349e via @DatPiff
    Follow @Loch121 http://Twitter.com/loch121
    Follow Loch on instagram. http://instagram.com/loch121
    Niggas can sit up and say what they wont and will do but im sure all that investing shit wouldnt happen. Yall would spend that money just like cuzzo did. Stop frontin...

That's what you're not getting though. Most people would up their status in some way if they got a winfall like that. That's human nature. The point is that whatever he had the money invested in was netting him 700 a week. that's much more than most people make. So he could have upgraded his status and still been perfectly fine. The fact that he blew through the money even with that fact being true shows a special level of stupidity.

m63Y62.gif
    If I had that kinda money I'd go out in the country and buy me 15-20 acres and put me a fat ass 7-8 bedroom home with as many bathrooms or more.

Next I'd pay off any debts that I owed.

I'd get a couple me a couple of luxury cars along with a pick up.

I'd probably buy a few more rental properties.

After this I should have at least 1.5 million left I'd take half and put it in the bank.

The other half I'd put in bonds and invest and shit like that .

I'd probably wouldn't even quit my job.

Unless you rolling in dough and I'm talking hundred million or more I think you need steady income.
    satireprod.
    If I had that kinda money I'd go out in the country and buy me 15-20 acres and put me a fat ass 7-8 bedroom home with as many bathrooms or more.

After this I should have at least 1.5 million left I'd take half and put it in the bank.

Unless you rolling in dough and I'm talking hundred million or more I think you need steady income.

Sounds like you'd wind up blowing it all too. You doing what a lot of people do, forgetting about the taxes. If you win 2.6 mil and plan out to the tee what you'll do with 2.6 mil, you're going to fuck yourself.

m63Y62.gif
    [quote="Louisiana Crude If I had that kinda money I'd go out in try and buy me 15-20 acres and put me a fat ass 7-8 bedroom home with as many bathrooms or more.

Sounds like you'd wind up blowing it all too. You doing what a lot of people do, forgetting about the taxes. If you win 2.6 mil and plan out to the tee what you'll do with 2.6 mil, you're going to fuck yourself.[/quote]

I'm working with a lot less than 2.6 million and I'm doing fine I own my home.

I wouldn't buy shit until my money was in hand and I had an good idea of everything

I have 4 rental properties with more coming soon.

I own two vehicles and I have no debt other than school related stuff.

I'm not forgetting about the taxes first thing I'd probably do is hire a CPA.

My wife will be done with law school in May so she has a good idea about it as well and combined with my knowledge of taxes I think we'd be fine.

Most people go broke blowing money on frivolous shit and thinking that money will last forever when they're not bringing any more money in.

The idea is to make your money make money and not buy frivolous shit like cars, clothes, and other shit that loses value over time.

Real estate very seldom loses value unless an area goes to shit.

Even under those circumstances real estate can "still" sometomessold or leased sometimes for a profit.

One thing God isn't making any more of is land and people will always need a place to lay their head.

You can always sell real estate for a profit or lease property or housing which is more of what I'd be doing.

Nah, I'm not questioning your intelligence with money. I'm just pointing out that you basically accounted for all the money without factoring in that you won't even see a large chunk of it.

m63Y62.gif
    2.6 million I should still see about 1.8-2.1 million iI could be wrong on this though.
  • The ProdigalsonThe Prodigalson Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's what you're not getting though. Most people would up their status in some way if they got a winfall like that. That's human nature. The point is that whatever he had the money invested in was netting him 700 a week. that's much more than most people make. So he could have upgraded his status and still been perfectly fine. The fact that he blew through the money even with that fact being true shows a special level of stupidity.

That was 700 a day. This nigga was making a 4900 weekly salary off of interest alone.
  • 5th Letter5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Posts: 36,947 Regulator
    i'd put some of that money in an orange account, i'd pay off student loans, give my parents some money. i'd buy a 3 family home and rent it out. i'd probably still work as well.
    Fuck who's the baddest a persons status depends on salary
    That buck that bought that bottle could have struck the lotto
  • Knock_TwiceKnock_Twice Getting it out the mud Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this wont stop me from playing this 260 milli powerball tonight...I'ma so hard try and blow that bitch..juss wanna see if it could be done by me lol....

Unlike this situation and so many others...my shit will pertain footage on the shit I blow my money on...all types of sexacapes..trips etc will be captured on footage...my shit would become a lifetime movie or some shit.

I remember reading something...James Brown told Eddie Murphy when you over 200,000 or have crazy money take half of that and bury it in yo backyard or some shit Lol..
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 27,044 Regulator

Never ever spend more than you make...that's rule #1...chances are if you were bad with money when you were broke you'll be bad with it if you got rich especially very quickly. Nothing wrong with doing something nice for yourself and family but 2.6 million ain't enough to retire off of w/o making that money work for you.
  • Lurker6Lurker6 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lurker6 wrote: »
    Dumbass.

Let me win the lotto, I'm gon put a house on my land in the sip and rent that bitch out to college kids...

Buy some more land right where they plotting to extend a highway and flip that bitch.

Then buy some more land and charge 2500 just to go hunting on the bitch.
    Actually I might do that last one now with the land I have now...

yeah bc no one else would think of that either.

So does that mean its a bad idea?

doubt ud be able to succeed in doing that cuz..............politicians have been doing this scam for years cuz they have insider info and most time they're the same ones approving shit to be built on that land

Ahhh I understand now.. Ok.. Yeah terrible, TERRIBLE idea...

Fuck... I got some calls to make..
    @Black_Samson
    60 min showed something on this. This one dude just happened to buy some worthless land......then the craziest thing would happen some project would be approved to be built and, bring high traffic to that particualar area and increase the lands value but a lot. When called out about they said it was just a coincidence that just happened to happen to him a few times and the fact that he helped approve that stuff to be built had nothing to do with it.
    imghttp://i.imgur.com/IgFpoNj.gif/img]
    35bxpug.jpg
    NSFW click at ur our risk
    tumblr_mwn3wmM2WV1r55j58o1_400.gif
    Moreno_zps07620187.gif
    scs5kp.gif
    YsX8od.gif
    tumblr_myf80iHsEx1rhttapo1_500.gif
    tumblr_myw1yqVEbH1ruz6zso1_250.gif
    tumblr_mwnfteNODS1srd8hzo1_500.gif
    tumblr_n8y0kcbtzf1ruz6zso1_250.gif
    tumblr_n9y5q6b4381rtclweo1_500.gif
    tumblr_ncp4dx4ok41rk74v1o1_500.jpg
    Jaime47.gif
    292181t.gif
    JK_Animated_GIF_12.gif
    61zkZ3D.gif
    diapo514fb0a4701ac6e6d6b89eb88042fb5d.gif?34
    tumblr_n911s9Z1fh1qbl0vwo1_250.gif
    tumblr_mkdlii1IE11rvllfwo1_500.gif
    tumblr_nbb1f6HGEu1ruz6zso1_250.gif
    Black_Samson
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson do 10 pushups everytime you read my post... you know you want too. Posts: 61,482 Regulator
    Dumbass.

Let me win the lotto, I'm gon put a house on my land in the sip and rent that bitch out to college kids...

Buy some more land right where they plotting to extend a highway and flip that bitch.

Then buy some more land and charge 2500 just to go hunting on the bitch.
    Actually I might do that last one now with the land I have now...

yeah bc no one else would think of that either.

So does that mean its a bad idea?

doubt ud be able to succeed in doing that cuz..............politicians have been doing this scam for years cuz they have insider info and most time they're the same ones approving shit to be built on that land

Ahhh I understand now.. Ok.. Yeah terrible, TERRIBLE idea...

Fuck... I got some calls to make..
    @Black_Samson
    60 min showed something on this. This one dude just happened to buy some worthless land......then the craziest thing would happen some project would be approved to be built and, bring high traffic to that particualar area and increase the lands value but a lot. When called out about they said it was just a coincidence that just happened to happen to him a few times and the fact that he helped approve that stuff to be built had nothing to do with it.

Shit... Sound like networking... If I'm a millionaire, I think I'd be able to get that to happen, especially out in the sip...
    if i were an FBI Agent tasked with monitoring a forum, I'd post random pictures and watch the reactions of the people.
    j3xxbrubogcz1kewbepy.gif

Você é um otário. Zé buceta. Vai tomar no meio do seu cu. Filho da puta. Arrombado
    King Of The Onomatopoeia
  • death187sindeath187sin Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bruh that nigga could've lived off $700 interest a day.. smh @ dude blowing it all goddamn

That's almost 300K per year. Just the interest! How in the Christ did he lose it all!!
    tumblr_m5a98bhwY41qgb1aio1_500.gif