So which one of you IC Cats Posted this about Game Stop??

nujerz84nujerz84 NJPosts: 12,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Replies

• The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 17,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AP12 wrote: »
    stop going there to trade in games...

craigslist or ebay ftw...

Best Buy does it too, and in my experience they can give as much as twice what Gamespot is offering.
  • 7figz7figz Ig'nant Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They tryin' to get rid of being able to play used games period for the next gen. of consoles.
  • lord_infamouslord_infamous Posts: 478 ✭✭✭✭
    LOL @ anally violating the female workers with a Wii mote

LOL @ knowing who Eric Foreman is

LOL @ someone on my buddylist working there dressed as Luigi for Luigi day in store...
    nujerz84
  • konceptjoneskonceptjones Old School Playa Posts: 9,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm OG Bobby Johnson status with/ Gamestop (former Funcoland employee).

Don't take a stack of games in there. Best believe some of them ain't gettin priced out. The scam was to wait for someone with a bunch of games to walk in and price out their return value while they shopped around. Find a game that's worth a lot and slide that off to the side for yourself. When they come back to the counter, tell 'em how much they're gettin and get 'em that credit slip. After work, you ring up all the games you skimmed for yourself and stack up store credit to get whatever you want.
    lord_infamousrooster_cogburn
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 21,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that may be bcotton the young money stan
  • The ProdigalsonThe Prodigalson Posts: 8,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bro in law works at game stop. I go there from time to time to post up. Best sales are to catch the niggaz going to sell shit for money. Nigga brought in a PSP Vita. They was offering the nigga 80 bucks for it, I bought it from him for a hundred.
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 17,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stop going there to trade in games...

craigslist or ebay ftw...

Best Buy does it too, and in my experience they can give as much as twice what Gamespot is offering.

best buy is still a sham...and last i checked (and it has been a while) you have to have a best buy in your area that takes used games...at the time i looked into it, there were none in Louisiana...

and iirc, you still only get a credit to be used at best buy...if you choose cash, you get less if my understanding is correct...

with craigslist at least there are no fees, and you can get probably 70-80% of what you paid for the game if its still fairly new...in other words...you played Call of Duty Black Ops 2 for a week and didnt like it...you can get about $45-$50 from somebody...ebay, while you have to pay maybe some processing fees and shipping...its still more than what you would get from gamestop...i only buy used games from there...i stopped trading my games in there months ago...

That doesn't make it a sham. It all depends on what you want to do with it. I don't trade games in to get money back. I trade them to get new games. I traded a 2 month old game into Best Buy and got $35 to put towards the next game. Add that to the savings you can get if your in the gaming club and I basically got another game for $10. That's much more convenient and beneficial that trying to find someone on craig's list. At least it was for me.
    AP12CashmoneyDux
  • HustleTreeHustleTree Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gamestop been ripping folks off for years
  • louis richlouis rich BeantownPosts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭
    selling used games on the street>>>> corporations
    birdman-o.gif
    blakfyahking44Since88
  • DA_Executionah! DA_Executionah! wassup ya'll TURN UP! TRUST ME THIS ONES A STINKAH!!!!Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to return games to game stop when I needed beer or gas money.
    scoop1215
  • Mr.LVMr.LV Posts: 9,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7figz wrote: »
    They tryin' to get rid of being able to play used games period for the next gen. of consoles.

The deathblow to gamestop.
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 19,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't trade in games usually...its not worth it. Needless to say I got a closet full of PS2 & Xbox games. I only buy games used and on sale too, so there's no way they getting $60 out of me.
  • VIBEVIBE The Man, The Myth, The Fommie Posts: 41,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet he still traded in the games.
    Lou_Cyphernujerz84
  • nujerz84nujerz84 NJPosts: 12,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Real talk everytime I read that post I bust out laughing.
  • StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey I am what the people need. MIKEYFORMOD CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy a used game... instead of selling it just hurry up and beat it in 7 days and return it.. you will get your money back and you could keep doing that and buy other games.
    nujerz84IamNumberOne
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic Funky like poopa scoop #scumbag The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bro in law works at game stop. I go there from time to time to post up. Best sales are to catch the niggaz going to sell shit for money. Nigga brought in a PSP Vita. They was offering the nigga 80 bucks for it, I bought it from him for a hundred.

I got kicked out for this plenty of times. I'll ease drop on the convo, when I hear "WHAT?!?!" or "That's it?!?!" I slide in like "I'll give you 30 right now". The employee would smack his lips and say we gotta do it outside of the store
    IamNumberOneGot Em Shook
  • Rock_WellRock_Well Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    *doesn't sell nor trade in games once i buy them*

haha i remember them broke days...in high school...where u scraping up old games that u bought once upon a time just to now sell them so you can have money to blow a sack of weed or some dumb/fiendish ish
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 21,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gamestop treat nerds like fiends
    Rock_Well
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic Funky like poopa scoop #scumbag The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shit when I went up there to get Halo 4, the used ones was full price. New ones was only 35. Kinda backwards shit is that?
    StoneColdMikey
  • Will MunnyWill Munny I eat pussy on the 1st date. Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at the Eric Forman reference
    lord_infamous
  • 7figz7figz Ig'nant Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »

The deathblow to gamestop.

I don't even cop used games like that because I always want it bad enough to get it when it first comes out.

But real shit, just out of principal, once they make it streaming only - I'm done.

Why pay 60 dollars for some shit you can't even sell when you don't want it anymore ?
  • ShencotheMCShencotheMC KING Posts: 23,952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL @ anally violating the female workers with a Wii mote

LOL @ knowing who Eric Foreman is

LOL @ someone on my buddylist working there dressed as Luigi for Luigi day in store...

How can you not know the man who always got threatened to have a foot put up his ass every week?
    tumblr_kqyalmD8TP1qa643ro1_500.jpg
    lord_infamous