What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

did blacks hate Regan or bush jr. more as president?

damobb2deepdamobb2deep Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2013 in The Social Lounge
I was born April of 88 so I was alive when Regan was president but only a few months old when the 1st bush took office.. I hear da horror stories of Regan during dat time.. So I can only imagin how it was.. Well obviously I am aware of what bush did.. And I definitely kno black hated dude.. So between them 2 who do u think blacks hated more?
«13

Replies

  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 67,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • damobb2deepdamobb2deep Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reagan by far
    Damn really cuz as an adult now it seems damn near impossible 2 be a worse president den bush jr. lol
  • S2JS2J Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aint none of us in a position to really know, honestly.

    But from what I know I would say Reagan hands down. 'Reagan Era' and 'Reaganomics' are two terms we still hear to this day. Reagan was hated specifcally for his policies against minorities.

    Bush spread the love with his hate. He was hated universally
    damobb2deepLUClENpeterpiffinSay What
  • caddo mancaddo man Failure is success in progress! Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reagan was disliked but really people had mixed feelings cause he was known for his conservative ways as a actor but people liked his movies. His real actions came after he was president with the Iran/Contra scandal.

    The first Bush was only one term. Clinton was already doing his thing as a up and coming candidate. Clinton was want Jimmy Carter should have been.

    bb135e64-2d54-4043-bf52-fd6c7197fcd3_zps05c66c47_-_Copy_-_Copy.jpg
    The IC Law (please read before posting)

    You have the right to remain silent.
    Anything you say can and will be used against you in the threads of the IC.
    If you are a female, You have the right to talk to another poster and have him present with you during an exposure.
    If you do not have another poster to save you, one will be appointed to represent you, if you post a proof pic of yourself with a timestamp. Representation will be aquired if your pic is deemed simp worthy. All posters are consider a male until a proof pic or vid is provided.

    The Intelligent Waiver

    Do you understand each of these rights as I have explained them to you?
    Having these rights in mind, do you wish to post a proof pic(for females) or tell us your personal story now?

    Old Poster admission
    There is a chance that I am your Daddy. What is your momma name again?

  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 30,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even people who don't follow politics know Reagan is the devil. I was born in Apr of 84 but I follow politics and listen to dude's speeches today and wonder how the hell he got elected.


    The media machine has lightened up on Reagan a lot lately, I'm sure you all saw the cover of Time Mag with "Obama ♥ Reagan" on the cover...that alone tells you that the revisionist history of that time period is going to begin.
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

    For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

    For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

    All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
    HyenaKilla
  • damobb2deepdamobb2deep Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    Even people who don't follow politics know Reagan is the devil. I was born in Apr of 84 but I follow politics and listen to dude's speeches today and wonder how the hell he got elected.


    The media machine has lightened up on Reagan a lot lately, I'm sure you all saw the cover of Time Mag with "Obama ♥ Reagan" on the cover...that alone tells you that the revisionist history of that time period is going to begin.

    I feel u... American mainstream media will never admit we can have "bad presidents" all they will do is wait 20-30 years and hope people who are alive are too young 2 remember what happened or simpily 4got how bad it was during dat time
    LUClEN
  • damobb2deepdamobb2deep Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    twatgetta wrote: »
    Obama

    90+ percent of blacks love Obama tho..
    twatgettaLUClENMister B.Africa United
  • caddo mancaddo man Failure is success in progress! Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reagan was the president during his time in office. The Cold war made him a favorite. If it was no cold war Reagan would be a failure. I very young during his time in office but remember the Berlin wall speech. The Movies during that time reminds me of propaganda movies. But the scare of the Russians was real! People was really scared of Nuclear war.

    Hindsight is 20/20 though so it seems like he should have been hated back then.
    bb135e64-2d54-4043-bf52-fd6c7197fcd3_zps05c66c47_-_Copy_-_Copy.jpg
    The IC Law (please read before posting)

    You have the right to remain silent.
    Anything you say can and will be used against you in the threads of the IC.
    If you are a female, You have the right to talk to another poster and have him present with you during an exposure.
    If you do not have another poster to save you, one will be appointed to represent you, if you post a proof pic of yourself with a timestamp. Representation will be aquired if your pic is deemed simp worthy. All posters are consider a male until a proof pic or vid is provided.

    The Intelligent Waiver

    Do you understand each of these rights as I have explained them to you?
    Having these rights in mind, do you wish to post a proof pic(for females) or tell us your personal story now?

    Old Poster admission
    There is a chance that I am your Daddy. What is your momma name again?

  • damobb2deepdamobb2deep Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    That's one person you bring up in the house and my grandfather going to get his gun

    Lmao!! Shyt is real.. I remember when Regan died it was all ova t.v... Like people was posta be sad Niggas aint care... Niggas was more sad dat Ray Charles died around dat time then Regan.
  • twatgettatwatgetta Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • janklowjanklow god's lonely man. Posts: 8,588 Regulator
    typically, you hate the president in office the most, because the current president is always the WORST EVER or the BEST EVER
    LUClENSay Whatzombieprop joe
  • StillFaggyAFStillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityPosts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like how damobb refuses to spell Reagan's name correctly

    LvbxPzB.gif

    tumblr_nhmcjbdFri1snb2l4o5_r1_500.gif
    full?d=1430459989


    LUClEN
  • damobb2deepdamobb2deep Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    janklow wrote: »
    typically, you hate the president in office the most, because the current president is always the WORST EVER or the BEST EVER
    Not true... think president ford was neither loved or hated president carter either...
  • janklowjanklow god's lonely man. Posts: 8,588 Regulator
    Not true... think president ford was neither loved or hated president carter either...
    Ford is not the BEST example, considering he was only president because Nixon resigned; however, you might also be forgetting how much people hated him at the time for pardoning Nixon. do we not recall his popularity?

    Carter not hated? wow.

    but really, my theory is that you were not alive for either presidency, which is basically my point: when Carter was president, people HATED him. now? it's in the past. whereas Obama is the WORST EVER or BEST EVER president, or maybe Bush II is the WORST EVER or BEST EVER president.

  • DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ronald Reagan..
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=­̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬

    tumblr_mzk7q0WwVA1s8ohmto1_500.gif
  • damobb2deepdamobb2deep Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    janklow wrote: »
    Not true... think president ford was neither loved or hated president carter either...
    Ford is not the BEST example, considering he was only president because Nixon resigned; however, you might also be forgetting how much people hated him at the time for pardoning Nixon. do we not recall his popularity?

    Carter not hated? wow.

    but really, my theory is that you were not alive for either presidency, which is basically my point: when Carter was president, people HATED him. now? it's in the past. whereas Obama is the WORST EVER or BEST EVER president, or maybe Bush II is the WORST EVER or BEST EVER president.

    U are rite I wassnt born so all I can go off of is peoples opinion and what I read.. But the reason I said carter wassnt hated or loved was because most presidents have that 1 agenda that people kno u for and as far as history is concerned it dont equal the agendas of other more "famous" presidents...
  • janklowjanklow god's lonely man. Posts: 8,588 Regulator
    U are rite I wassnt born so all I can go off of is peoples opinion and what I read.. But the reason I said carter wassnt hated or loved was because most presidents have that 1 agenda that people kno u for and as far as history is concerned it dont equal the agendas of other more "famous" presidents...
    talk to people who were around for Carter's presidency and you'll see some of that emotion.
  • damobb2deepdamobb2deep Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killer Mike summed it up best:

    even tho i feel what he sayin... he generalized a lil 2 much...

    Obama actually has repealed some of regans drug laws..
  • idoitforhiphop10idoitforhiphop10 Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killer Mike summed it up best:

    Beat me to it.
    Fav Rappers No order:

    Schoolboy Q
    Joey Bada$$
    J. Cole
    Ab-Soul
    Lupe Fiasco
    Kendrick Lamar
    Chance The Rapper
    Big K.R.I.T.
  • J. WillJ. Will Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing about Regan is he didnt start out as a Republican..nor was he conservative in his acting days or while he was head of the Screen Actors Guild..

    They originally wanted Charlton Heston to run but he refused to run so they persuaded Reagan to fall in line..Reagan was their guy way before he announced, they groomed him for years then when Carter's term was up the Republicans swooped in and got their guy in office..
    #Starkset

    201690573d9d529e6381f3f3642388a96abcc9f6.gif
    Twitter: J_Will325
«13
Sign In or Register to comment.