The Official 2013-2014 OAKLAND RAIDERS Thread

Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief, FCC Member, IC Task Force GeneralASUville, PhoenixPosts: 12,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
oakland-raiders-commitment-excellence.jpg

"Once a Raider, always a Raider." - Al Davis

"Just win, baby." - Al Davis

Current QB's= Matt Flynn, Terelle Pryor

Draft Needs (no particular order)- QB, DT, OT/OG, CB

goodlookinout_Menace_Max.T.Vick04_Jay_

Replies

• goodlookinoutgoodlookinout WestCoastin Ya Bish Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reppin The Black Hole (NH)
    Max.
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief, FCC Member, IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 12,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Raiders are my team, once a Raider always a Raider
    WishboneJonesMax.
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief, FCC Member, IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 12,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt Flynn thinks the Raiders are building “something special”

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 3, 2013, 1:06 PM EDT

Raiders quarterback Matt Flynn has been a backup on good teams for most of his career. Now he’s expected to be the starter on a bad team. But Flynn doesn’t see it that way.

Shortly after his trade from the Seahawks to the Raiders became official, Flynn said he thinks the Raiders are capable of being a very good team, and that they’re in the early stages of building a team that could be great.

“I want to be a part of something special,” Flynn said, “and that’s a big possibility here, of building something special, building a winning environment and building a really great organization. That’s part of the plan.”

Flynn said he has won where he’s been before, and he doesn’t expect that to change.

“I’ve been pretty fortunate,” Flynn said. “When you’re on good teams for that long, you just expect it.”

Flynn’s expectation isn’t one that most NFL fans share. If he can prove everyone wrong and lead the Raiders to a winning season, this trade will be something special for Oakland.
    VulcanRaven
  • _Menace__Menace_ 4 MOD West.Side.CaliforniaPosts: 24,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We offered Mike Jenkins a contract but hes still talking with Jacksonville.

Hope he takes the offer we need more CB's plus a Safety since huff is gone.
  • WishboneJonesWishboneJones Infinity- 0 Posts: 21,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i might have to suit up and play just for us to do something next season
    VulcanRavenPiffyHaze
    Top Cat wrote: »

Can you play safety? or DL
  • Max.Max. real talk you look like fuckn squirrel son Posts: 18,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They needa draft Shariff floyd
  • WishboneJonesWishboneJones Infinity- 0 Posts: 21,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Top Cat wrote: »

Can you play safety? or DL

Safety is all i ever played in the streets on in video games

Played rb freshman year tho
    S.I. Com Latest Mock has us takin

Dion Jordan
    DE/OLB Oregon
    Sr.6-6248

Really like the Matt Flynn in, Carson Palmer out maneuver the Raiders executed this week. That's a definite upgrade on my scorecard. I do believe that frees Oakland to address its defensive needs in the first round. With Floyd gone, the choice would seem to come down to taking the best available pass rusher, either Jordan or BYU's intriguing Ziggy Ansah. Jordan is probably the safer selection given how Ansah's talent often gets described as "green" or "raw."

AFC West Blog briefs-
    Oakland: defensive tackle Pat Sims. The football people I’ve spoken with believe Sims has among the best upside of the players the Raiders have brought in this offseason -- affordable, young, fringe-starter types who will be asked to take the next step in Oakland. Sims has a chance to stand out. If he can stay healthy and prove he can handle the rigors of being a full-time starter -- he was mostly a rotational player in Cincinnati -- Sims has a chance to be among Oakland’s better players. He is highly skilled, and he can be disruptive
  • satyronesatyrone Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read yeaterday we waived mcclain
    Young_Chitlin
    Signed CB Mike Jenkins
    Yup McClain is gone. But hes been waived which means another team has to take his contract.

LMAO reggie is cold cause no one will pick him up with that contract unless they think hes worth it
    Raiders sign S Usama Young
  • waterproofwaterproof Conqueror of Self On The Road to ZionPosts: 9,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFC West Blog briefs-
    Oakland: defensive tackle Pat Sims. The football people I’ve spoken with believe Sims has among the best upside of the players the Raiders have brought in this offseason -- affordable, young, fringe-starter types who will be asked to take the next step in Oakland. Sims has a chance to stand out. If he can stay healthy and prove he can handle the rigors of being a full-time starter -- he was mostly a rotational player in Cincinnati -- Sims has a chance to be among Oakland’s better players. He is highly skilled, and he can be disruptive

a great pick up and a steal in the FA, mark my word he's going to be a force against the run, Pat Sims remind me of Jerry Ball
    Davis on McKenzie: 'He's doing what he was hired to do'

While many observers wonder if second-year general manager Reggie McKenzie is operating without a net as he continues his massive makeover of the Raiders, owner Mark Davis has his back.

"Everything is going as planned," Davis told CSNCalifornia.com in an exclusive phone interview Thursday. "He's doing what he was hired to do. I'm very happy with it."

A mere 16 players currently under contract with the Raiders were on the roster on Jan. 1, 2012, the day the Raiders lost a season finale at home to San Diego and missed the playoffs. McKenzie was hired nine days later and then-coach Hue Jackson was shown the door.

I mentioned to Davis that McKenzie was performing a major facelift on the organization.

"Facelift?" Davis said. "I wouldn't put a word on it. He's just getting players. We've got to restructure things, rebuilding the (salary) cap, get some more players.

"He's doing the job. Yeah, he's my guy. I've never wavered from that. He's the only guy I've hired. Well, I traded for Carson Palmer, but (McKenzie) decided he was not part of the long-term plan, and I'm O.K. with that."

Davis, though, was not O.K. with the regression the Raiders showed in November of last season, which begs the question -- what if the Raiders actually regress record-wise in this upcoming rebuilding year from last season's mark of 4-12?

Earlier in the week McKenzie told SI.com he was not fearful of his job being on the line.

"I don't think along those lines," McKenzie said. "I just think of doing what's needed to make this team the best it can be long-term. That's my job. But fearful? No. Not at all.

"Mark knew the cap part of this was going to be a two-year deal. Mark is not his father. He is allowing me to do this, and we talk about it the process all the time. He's allowing me to do the job that needs to be done."

After all, McKenzie took on a team that was facing a $30-million salary cap hole.

This year, more than one-third of the cap will be in "dead money."

Next year? Oakland should have some $50 million to spend.

Davis also said he is still looking for a team president, of sorts, and names such as Ray Anderson, the NFL's senior vice president of football operations, Scott O'Neal, a former Madison Square Garden president, and Mike Holmgren have been linked to Oakland.

"I'm still looking to bring somebody in on that side," Davis said. "Have I found someone yet? No. It has to be the right fit."

Former 49ers DB Smith signs with Raiders

Former 49ers third-round draft pick Reggie Smith III made like the late Notorious B.I.G. and took to Twitter to proclaim, "I'm going going back back to Cali Cali!!!!!" while posting a picture of himself signing what appeared to be a Raiders contract

The Raiders, who have been busy reportedly working out a slew of players at their Alameda facility on Wednesday, have yet to make any announcements regarding those purported players or their fate.

But Smith would seem to fit the mold of recent signees -- high energy, in need of a fresh start, looking to prove himself and, yes, cost-efficient.

Smith, 26, was out of football last season and is a strong safety by definition and could be earmarked as the departed Mike Mitchell's replacement, behind Tyvon Branch. In four seasons with the Niners, Smith played in 45 games and started seven, getting two interceptions while forcing two fumbles and recovering two more with 40 tackles.

THE RESURRECTION OF BLACK JESUS????

Vince Young impresses in workout for Oakland Raiders

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported earlier in the offseason that the Oakland Raiders had "preliminary" conversations about bringing in free-agent quarterback Vince Young for a workout.

On the heels of an impressive showing at the University Texas Pro Day late last month, the Raiders followed through on that workout Thursday. Young and former Baltimore Ravens backup Troy Smith both auditioned for the Raiders, Rapoport reported.

Young will have to prove that he's made strides in accuracy and picking up NFL verbiage, but he does have the rise of the read-option offense in his favor as he attempts his comeback.

The Raiders opted to take a pass on signing Seneca Wallace as a backup quarterback, perhaps due to their interest in Young.

If Oakland does add Young to the quarterback stable, it would seem to confirm a Yahoo! Sports report that there is "much organizational skepticism" about Terrelle Pryor, a draft pick from the Al Davis regime.
    Young_Chitlin
  • VulcanRavenVulcanRaven Rise from the ashes MarylandPosts: 14,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • T.Vick04T.Vick04 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭
    Whats yall dream scenario on what we should do in the draft...if we stay put @ 3 i want floyd but wouldnt be mad at Jordan either
    Young_Chitlin
    T.Vick04 wrote: »
    Whats yall dream scenario on what we should do in the draft...if we stay put @ 3 i want floyd but wouldnt be mad at Jordan either

We need help on defense, Jordan is a solid pick
  • T.Vick04T.Vick04 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭
    yea it gotta be a def player...cant remember the last time our d was straight
    I'd still listen say if a team was eager to move up. I'd like to add more picks if I could.
    numbaz...80's baby