The Official Marvel Phase 2 thread

Lou_CypherLou_Cypher One Cold Ass HonkeyIt's Cold, AlaskaPosts: 27,249 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2014 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Marvel Phase 2 kicks off at the end of this month with Iron Man 3 and will eventually get to a sequel to Captain America: The First Avenger and the start of a new franchise, Guardians of the Galaxy. Casting is underway for the two films,but other than that the details on these films are almost non-existent, until today. Geek Zenith has uncovered four pieces of concept art which show off the Star Wars influence for "Guardians" and Captain America taking on the namesake for his movie, The Winter Soldier. Check them out below.

The only cast member officially announced for Guardians of the Galaxy are "Parks and Recreation" actor Chris Pratt as Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, and Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer. Guardians of the Galaxy's roster is also said to include Groot, Rocket Racoon and Gamora. It's currently in pre-production in the UK, with director James Gunn at the helm, and is targeting an August 1, 2014 release.

Captain America: The Winder Soldier is set to star Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Frank Grillo, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders, Scarlett Johansson, Toby Jones, Emily VanCamp, Hayley Atwell, Maximiliano Hernández, Robert Redford and Georges St-Pierre. The story picks up where Marvel's The Avengers left off, as Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world. Directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, Captain America: The Winter Soldier hits theaters April 4, 2014.

marvel_phase_2_pic_2.jpg

marvel_phase_2_pic_1.jpg

marvel_phase_2_pic_3.jpg

marvel_phase_2_pic_4.jpg
Sioninfamous114iron man1Sour-CreamYo_Killa!1CK1SMasterALFrankunspoken_respectGhostdenithegawdVulcanRavenPanchoYoSanchoDWO

Replies

• ShencotheMCShencotheMC KING Posts: 23,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anthony Mackie is the go-to brotha for side roles right now. He got his Don Cheadle in Iron Man swag. Batista physically fits the role of Drax, but I'll hold my breath. That Thor art looks good. Is that Crossbones Cap is fighting against in that top pic? I wonder who playing Gamora. This concept art looks cool, but I wanna see a trailer first
  • SionSion Moderator, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 21,507 Regulator
    Anthony Mackie is the go-to brotha for side roles right now. He got his Don Cheadle in Iron Man swag. Batista physically fits the role of Drax, but I'll hold my breath. That Thor art looks good. Is that Crossbones Cap is fighting against in that top pic? I wonder who playing Gamora. This concept art looks cool, but I wanna see a trailer first

Pretty sure it is fam

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossbones_(comics)#Film
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_America:_The_Winter_Soldier
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher One Cold Ass Honkey It's Cold, AlaskaPosts: 27,249 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow didnt know crossbones was gonna be in the flick, i thought thats what Bucky was gonna look like as the Winter Soldier haha cool.

What do yall think about Ant Man's suit? i think it looks pretty dope tbh. The Helmet atleast.
  • king mochaking mocha Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gaurdians of the galaxy will appeal big time to sci fi heads who where into the star trek franchise. by looking at the artwork , it reminds me of star trek enterprise with all the different aliens on the ship
  • ROZAYTABERNACLEROZAYTABERNACLE Posts: 17,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone wanna explain to me what Guardians of the Galaxy is? Couldn't find any actual info on it

I can't wait for Iron Man 3, and the next Avengers and Thor movies though. I'll check out the new Captain movie too at some point
  • silverfoxxsilverfoxx Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came when I seen that Guardians artwork. Shit is gonna be epic! People have know idea.....
  • iron man1iron man1 Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist Avengers TowerPosts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's winter soldier not crossbones he is in the movie though and gamora is going to zoe saldana apparently deal currently being made
    nj2089
  • Sour-CreamSour-Cream Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Someone wanna explain to me what Guardians of the Galaxy is? Couldn't find any actual info on it

I can't wait for Iron Man 3, and the next Avengers and Thor movies though. I'll check out the new Captain movie too at some point

They're like the avengers but much stronger and from other worlds. It goes into the origins of Thanos and the infinite gems. Thanos killed this nigga named Arthur Douglas and he was brought back to life by the eternals as this nigga named Drax the destroyer. Anti-heroes from other worlds teaming up to go against villains.

Word is Zoe Saldana is playing Gamora.

Jason Momoa >> Batista as Drax.
  • Rue_FlexingtonRue_Flexington Posts: 744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sour wrote: »
    Jason Momoa >> Batista as Drax.

Did Jason get replaced because he held out for more money? I remember Terrance Howard did the same thing for Iron Man 2 and he got replaced.

I dunno but that nigga Batista can't act for shit and in Ironman, I preferred Terrence over Don, I would have offered more money since the shit was a blockbuster hit.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Phat Bootyologist Posts: 39,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrence mucked that situation up. Even would've gotten that money once they do a War Machine movie (I hope).

Hold up! So Don Cheadle not doing IM3??
  • iron man1iron man1 Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist Avengers TowerPosts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im hyped for thor2 can't wait for that and the antman costume looks alot better than I thought it be the guardians movie ill probably see it if its good the concept art isn't bad at all but I'm still pissed they decided to push this and drop the black panther..still waiting on that panther movie...
    Lou_Cypherinfamous114gns
    iron man1 wrote: »

That's winter soldier not crossbones he is in the movie though and gamora is going to zoe saldana apparently deal currently being made

I thought they rehis costume because that kinda look like a skeleton on his face. So they gon have bucky turn into the Winter Soldier? I'm cool with that
    Man real talk I woulda preferred Terrence Howard stayed as Rhodes. I heard dude's agent was on that bullshit and was trynna get him more money than RDJ. Either way scenes like this ain't funny or as funny with Don Cheadle in them
  • CopperCopper The WickPosts: 37,601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not interested in seeing falcon on screen I can barely stand him in ink
    Sour-CreamCottonCitySlimCaingns
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 16,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrence Howard was already getting paid more than RDJ in Ironman. He really had not reason to ask for more money. That said, according to him, he didn't actually ask for more money. It was his agent that took it on himself to go and do that. Terrence didn't want to give up the part but by the time he was brought in on what was going down, it was too late.
    Lou_Cyphergns
    Fuck this, I need to be a director so this shit can get done.
    Lou_CypherCopper