This generation has so many wack rappers...

tharealest561tharealest561 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
...that eventually having talent and content will come full circle again, right?

From your Chief Keefs to your French Montanas, this new era and wave of hip hop is embarrassing. So embarrassing that not being a good rapper and being content with that is cool amongst the culture.

This oversaturating of trash will hopefully lead the public to embrace quality MC's again. Maybe I'm rambling, but I swear this shit gets worse by the day.
StoneColdMikeykillaguwopNoodles McGrowciousGovernmentCheese

Replies

• Cutler 26 INT's LOL!Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turn off the radio
    KINGECStoneColdMikeyMrCrookedLetter
  • Ear2DaStEar2DaSt Posts: 8,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if I can jam Texas underground from early mid nineties to 2013..
    southsil4lil
  • Maximus RexMaximus Rex Demmented, deranged, and diabolical The EmpreyanPosts: 4,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of good rappers on:

internet_radio_fairness_act_82197_xlarge.png
    Disciplined InSightnyst8ofmin
  • DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ay, gone an rock wit it, gone an lean wit it
    Rock so damn hard, you break your spleen wit it
    Pull up ya jeans wit it, smoke some green wit it
    And the spot ain't crunk? bitch if we ain't in it?
    OGClarenceBoddicker
  • tharealest561tharealest561 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You also have kendrick, cole, krit, wale, pro era, black hippy etc. Turn off the radio, you'll enjoy hip hop alot more.

I hear you, I don't really ever listen to the radio but idk...maybe it's because I'm getting older and overlooked a lot of trash that was coming out when I was a jit.

I just don't comprehend how a lot of these dudes got record deals and on top of that...they selling.

Noodles McGrowciousGovernmentCheese
  • achewon87achewon87 Midnight Marauder SDF-1Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    achewon87 wrote: »
    The Recipe wrote: »
    Every Era had wack ass rappers, back in the day they just couldn't afford or get studio time amongst other things. These days niggas recording albums in the room and shooting videos on they front porch, and using the internet for marketing. Back in the day, you needed 10's of thousands of dollars for recording, videos and marketing. You can do all those things today with a computer and a few hundred dollars.

Shit is sad. This 40 yo dude i work wit is seriously trynna start a rap career now cuz he said he didn't have the means to do it in his day smh lol.

Be honest...does his name happen to be Rick Ross?

Had to put a "wack" response there guy. That would be funny if Ross' just came out this year.

Would be more funny if he acted like an honest 40 yr old...
    numbaz...80's baby
  • D_Rap_ScholarD_Rap_Scholar Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would you rather listen to?
  • Lab BabyLab Baby Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T/S is a local radio listening nigga while he at his cubicle getting them TPS reports together.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfVEt5ppFnFAVSih5n665AN84RRMl-shbxGw_0BGVvk36wSlvV

Guess he didn't get that memo...
    achewon87Mister B.GovernmentCheeseThe Recipe
  • You also have kendrick, cole, krit, wale, pro era, black hippy etc. Turn off the radio, you'll enjoy hip hop alot more.

c'mon!

Apollo Brown
    Reks
    Punchline
    Termanology
    Oddisee
    Wordsworth
    Snowgoons
    Tanya Morgan
    Blu / Exile
    Brother Ali
    Skyzoo
    Styles Of Beyond
    JR & PH7
    Roc Marciano
    Torae

And that's just in the U.S. and just 2012!
    Tell me to stop, because I could go for hours…
    OGClarenceBoddicker
  • OGClarenceBoddickerOGClarenceBoddicker 5 Star Stunna/The Most Offensive Poster In Hell/Inhale NiggaPosts: 4,417 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    You also have kendrick, cole, krit, wale, pro era, black hippy etc. Turn off the radio, you'll enjoy hip hop alot more.

Aint noun one a them niggas built like that doe except pro era, and joey badass lyrics aint even built for his delivery sooo

Alley Boy a shit on all them niggas

"I don cried a ocean witout no tears">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any line from any one of them niggas
    DarthRozayAggyAFThe Recipeidoitforhiphop10
  • MrCrookedLetterMrCrookedLetter Hey young world, I'm the new Slick Rick Posts: 16,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SwampNigga

What you mean built like that, built like what?

• OGClarenceBoddickerOGClarenceBoddicker 5 Star Stunna/The Most Offensive Poster In Hell/Inhale NiggaPosts: 4,417 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SwampNigga

translation them niggas not as nice as yall say they is
    DarthRozay
  • MrCrookedLetterMrCrookedLetter Hey young world, I'm the new Slick Rick Posts: 16,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SwampNigga wrote: »
    @SwampNigga

I guess... but neither is Alley Boy imo
    The RecipeNoodles McGrowcious
    SwampNigga wrote: »
    @SwampNigga

I guess... but neither is Alley Boy imo

You aint neva listened to the nigga tapes doe but thats what makes hip hop and life in general beautiful in the first place its all about opinions
    The RecipeNoodles McGrowcious