Trayvon Martin's parents settle with Fla. HOA

bootcheese3000bootcheese3000 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
news.yahoo.com/trayvon-martins-parents-settle-fla-hoa-233448938.html

SANFORD, Fla. (AP) — The parents of a teenager who was fatally shot by a neighborhood watch volunteer last year have settled a wrongful-death claim against the homeowners association of the Florida subdivision where their son was killed.

The Orlando Sentinel (http://thesent.nl/YYnBB7 ) reported Friday that an attorney for Trayvon Martin's parents — Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin — filed that paperwork in Seminole County and that portions of it were made available for public review Friday.

According to the newspaper, the settlement amount was marked out in five pages that it reviewed. Lower in the agreement, the parties specify that they will keep the amount confidential.

Benjamin Crump, the attorney for Trayvon Martin's parents, declined to comment Friday. He told The Associated Press that the filing was confidential.

A telephone message left Friday evening by AP with the homeowner association's attorney, Thomas R. Slaten Jr., wasn't immediately returned.

Martin was fatally shot in February, 2012 by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman during a confrontation in a subdivision in Sanford, about 30 miles north of Orlando.

A month-and-a-half delay in Zimmerman's arrest led to nationwide protests in the racially charged case.

Zimmerman has been charged with second-degree murder in Martin's death. Zimmerman claims he was attacked and acted in self-defense, but Martin's family claims he targeted the unarmed 17-year-old mainly because Martin was black. Zimmerman's parents are white and Hispanic.

Under the terms of the settlement, Trayvon Martin's parents and his estate agreed to set aside their wrongful-death claim and claims for pain and suffering, loss of earnings and expenses, the Sentinel reported.

According to a cover page attached to the settlement that was placed in Zimmerman's criminal case file, copies of the settlement were given Thursday to Zimmerman's attorney, as well as to the prosecutor and the judge, the newspaper reported.

Crump has previously said he intends to file suit later against Zimmerman, and the settlement specified that Zimmerman was not part of the homeowner association's deal.

Replies

• WishboneJonesWishboneJones Infinity- 0 Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill that cracka
    AggyAF
  • 700700 I want money to rain on me, cause aint no pain on me, Im a hotboy so all you see is flames on me! Plap City, FLAPosts: 9,041 ✭✭✭✭✭
    get that money
    Recaptimus_Prime360BarryHallsHarlemThumzUp
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson I drive a fast car... Posts: 44,412 Regulator
    bet they dont care bout the criminal trial now...
    SleepwalkingInJapanVIBE
  • unspoken_respectunspoken_respect I smell tittys Posts: 8,971 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, well it was headed this way. The American way.
    killshot
  • killshotkillshot Posts: 417
    Damn, well it was headed this way. The American way.

Plap Star wrote: »

either you been gettin hacked lately or you just a plain ol house nigga

which is it jamel

fuck outta here, money change every damn thing.

you yourself said you would do something strange for a lil piece of change...

bitch gerrrrrrrrrroffffmeh

cmon b you kno them people gon be at all the court dates

you actin like one of these old ass crackas down here, "them niggas got that money now, they dont even care about the trial"

i can imagine these crackas down here sayin fuck shit like that, but i forgot you was military so you a cracka by default

have friends or family that come into money suddenly... you'll see what i mean.

unspoken_respectMuhannadYoung Stef
  • unspoken_respectunspoken_respect I smell tittys Posts: 8,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

which is it jamel

you actin like one of these old ass crackas down here, "them niggas got that money now, they dont even care about the trial"

i can imagine these crackas down here sayin fuck shit like that, but i forgot you was military so you a cracka by default

That's some sad shit. You don't even recognize em anymore.
    Black_Samson
  • 700700 I want money to rain on me, cause aint no pain on me, Im a hotboy so all you see is flames on me! Plap City, FLAPosts: 9,041 ✭✭✭✭✭

which is it jamel

smh

house nigga
  • hueyhuey Posts: 9,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I met his pops a lil while ago. Cool dude

which is it jamel

smh

house nigga

smh

cock sucker
    bootcheese3000
  • hueyhuey Posts: 9,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh at Plap thinking he uplifting the community.

well technically he does get niggas high
    SleepwalkingInJapanRubato Garciabootcheese3000unspoken_respect
  • CaliGuerillaBlazinCaliGuerillaBlazin Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭
    At least the fam got some money.
  • CopperCopper The WickPosts: 37,045 ✭✭✭✭✭
    krakas in the comment section of dailmail mad as fuck ....hilarity
    bootcheese3000unspoken_respect
  • zombiezombie Posts: 11,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

which is it jamel

clearly you don't know what it's like having any real money
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance I got that Mozambique Ha Ha! ZionPosts: 24,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's all they got ....shit they got OJ for 38 million