French Montana Isn't Worried About Being A Great Lyricist!

internationalinternational Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭✭✭
If you were questioning French Montana’s lyricism, you’ve been wasting your time.

During a recent interview, French Montana explained why he is not concerned about being a lyricist and admitted that he isn't the best out there, "It's not a secret. I just make music. I love the feeling."

The rapper also touched on why he feels he is keeping it real by taking this path, saying "I wake up feeling f----d up, I'll make a f----d up song. I will go through one thing that somebody else will go through and just be like, yo, my fans will grow to love me, 'He's going through what I'm going through.' I feel like that's how you get the core audience."

"That's why I feel like my s--- is the best because it's my life. I'm not perpetrating, I'm not saying shit to sound good, I found a way to make my life and my music and people love it."
buttuh_bSerious Juice Mayne

Replies

• internationalinternational Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the exclusive, he's only said this a million times. There are a lot of dope rappers who aren't worried about being great lyricists, he's not one of them.

Who are some dope rappers that ain't worried about being great lyricists, yet they dope?
    DarthRozay
  • KellmillKellmill Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the exclusive, he's only said this a million times. There are a lot of dope rappers who aren't worried about being great lyricists, he's not one of them.

Who are some dope rappers that ain't worried about being great lyricists, yet they dope?

Neither 2pac or T.I. are "great lyricists" in the traditional sense
    MorganFreemanKingOGClarenceBoddickerAggyAFHyenaKillaSolitary Soldierbuttuh_bthemadlionsfan32DaysOfInfinitiD_Rap_ScholarUndergroundraplegend[Trillmatic]
    Kellmill wrote: »

2pac was a great lyricist, this misconception has been addressed to many times and been proven invalid...Has T.I ever said he don't care about lyrics? When? Up the vid or article...
    OGClarenceBoddickerSolitary Soldier32DaysOfInfinitirip.dilla
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013

First of all before I do why does it matter if they're worried about it or not? So am I supposed to excuse the fact that I think lyrically he's trash because he doesn't care about that? Maybe we should excuse all the wack rappers from being wack if they let us know they don't care.
    DMTxTHC(Nope)DarthRozay
  • Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are plenty of fun or ignant street shit rappers who aren't lyrical that are good at not being lyrical french isn't even good at that. again if he was so good his album would have been out last year. when diddy (who likes to make money) doesn't give you a release date right after you take the summer jam stage you aint shit. When nikki is on one of your singles bringing that pop crowd but bitches still really ain'teen anticipating your album.
    killaguwopDarthRozay
    edited April 2013

First of all before I do why does it matter if they're worried about it or not? So am I supposed to excuse the fact that I think lyrically he's trash because he doesn't care about that? Maybe we should excuse all the wack rappers from being wack if they let us know they don't care.

^^^^^That's not what I said nor alluded to...
  • KingFreemanKingFreeman Way UpPosts: 8,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at this weak attempt. The nigga still wack as fuck. He doesn't care about the lyricism because he doesn't have the skill to apply. If he really didn't give a fuck he wouldn't have a hundred features on a fucking album. He understands he's a weak rapper and he's leaning on better rappers to try and catch heat. That shit ain't really working either. But how niggas jocking a nigga that says he ain't shit on the mic and says he don't give a fuck? That qualifies someone as a good rapper now? Lol.
    Muhannad
  • nujerz84nujerz84 NJPosts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    still wack carried by production
    DarthRozayMuhannad
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    there are plenty of fun or ignant street shit rappers who aren't lyrical that are good at not being lyrical french isn't even good at that. again if he was so good his album would have been out last year. when diddy (who likes to make money) doesn't give you a release date right after you take the summer jam stage you aint shit. When nikki is on one of your singles bringing that pop crowd but bitches still really ain'teen anticipating your album.

That's subjective, not fact...

And to address the second bold statement, then I guess by that logic, Jay ain't that good cuz he been out since 88 and ain't dropped his album since 96 or 97.

KingFreemanbuttuh_brip.dilla
  • killaguwopkillaguwop Posts: 768
    gucci,waka and jeezy ain't lyrical but they are dope rappers.
    KingFreemannujerz84purpngoldqtipp73CashmoneyDuxking hassanSolitary Soldierthemadlionsfanrip.dilla5th LetterAjax McJones
    I like how you ain't addressed my post, movin on...
    edited April 2013
    killaguwop wrote: »
    gucci,waka and jeezy ain't lyrical but they are dope rappers.

gucci nor waka are dope, lmaoooo@ your list...
    nujerz84Solitary Soldier
  • KellmillKellmill Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Kellmill wrote: »

2pac was a great lyricist, this misconception has been addressed to many times and been proven invalid...Has T.I ever said he don't care about lyrics? When? Up the vid or article...

When was it proven invalid? Pac is my favorite rapper of all time but he never said a line that I had to rewind and say, "got damn" or anything like that. The same with T.I. But both of those artists are legends because of their content, flow/delivery, and ear for music among other things. You don't have to be lyrical to be dope. And also just because a rapper doesn't state publicly that he doesn't care about lyrics means nothing.

OGClarenceBoddickerD_Rap_Scholar
    edited April 2013
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

That's subjective, not fact...

And to address the second bold statement, then I guess by that logic, Jay ain't that good cuz he been out since 88 and ain't dropped his album since 96 or 97.

jay never had a single out in 90 that was huge nor did jay get a spot on a huge tour in 92. Resonable doubt (which didn't have 30 features) came out and his first major mainstream tour was wiht puffy in the late 90's. French been in the game since 02 and since 09 his superfriends have shoved him down the ears of rap fans. Yet still no album.

Also Jay is a lyrical rapper so its a totally different situation lmao.
    KellmillKingFreemanDarthRozayMuhannad
  • c.b.b.c.b.b. Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    lol, you don't have to be lyrical to be dope IMO, but French is garbage all around.

No one in Goodie Mob was truly lryical (except for Ceelo on some songs) and they're one of my fav groups ever. Prodigy wasn't super lyrical (here and there), Snoop, Biz Markie, etc, but they all made classic material.

French should put more effort into his music IMO.

killaguwopgenocidecutterSolitary SoldierDarthRozay
    c.b.b. wrote: »
    lol, you don't have to be lyrical to be dope IMO, but French is garbage all around.

No one in Goodie Mob was truly lryical (except for Ceelo on some songs) and they're one of my fav groups ever. Prodigy wasn't super lyrical (here and there), Snoop, Biz Markie, etc, but they all made classic material.

French should put more effort into his music IMO.

This is exactly what the thread starter will never see as he has his coke boys cape on and french montana mask will fail to realize.

• deathrowzorrowdeathrowzorrow Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bla bla bla monzille my niggas still wait on your niggas in the hood we gonna break all your niggas jaw. i'm gonna leave your 10 niggas with broken jaws and a scar from my suwop blood knife
    KingFreemaninfamous114AggyAFbuttuh_bDarthRozayMuhannadrip.dilla
  • killaguwopkillaguwop Posts: 768
    i talked enough about french montana before i don't give a fuck.

Drummer Boy
    It's Gucci, two times, Gucci, Gucci

Please pardon me but I'm passin' gas
    To my entourage, no gas masks
    I'm in my old school with the Georgia tag
    With my Georgia ass and my red flag
    I'm G'd up from the feet up
    In my black van with my feet up
    And the blinds down and the beat up
    Short, bad bitch with the seat up
    You know me from the old me
    On Jone's screen with the scrape D