What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Half of New York City is Poor

Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force GeneralASUville, PhoenixPosts: 22,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
By: Max Rivlin-Nadler

In a study that surprises almost no one, the Bloomberg administration has found that half of New York City residents are "poor" or "near-poor" meaning that they were "making less than 150 percent of the poverty threshold." This is a small rise in the amount of poor from 2009, when the recession officially ended. But as New York City has made abundantly clear, the recovery has not been shared by all (or even many).

The city, in its analysis, recommended against cutbacks to vital public assistance programs, like tax credits and food stamps. These programs are having their budgets cut at the federal and state level, as Washington, and Mayor Bloomberg himself endorses austerity measures in the face of a still-sluggish economy.

"Coinciding with the end of the slump in the job market is the end of the recession-related expansion of the safety net," the report states.

Manhattan has become richer while boroughs where development money and attention hasn't been given, like Queens, are now poorer. The Bronx has remained just as poor as it has always been.

While recent measures in New York City like raising the minimum wage and granting workers paid sick days have helped poor New Yorkers (both measures were opposed by Mayor Bloomberg), Nancy Rankin, an advocate on behalf of the poor, reports that "missing rungs in the ladder make it really hard to climb out of poverty," and cutbacks in aid will make matters even worse.
¡No contaban con mi astucia!
5 Grand wrote: »
I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

CallMeWelvinDisciplined InSightDrew_AliChef_Taylor NoCanadiansEHdeadeyeKINGECgalaxy_1221Aristo_V300[Deleted User]Valentinez A. KaiserCP203Wild SelfCashmoneyDux

Replies

• Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 22,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

CallMeWelvin
  • THIRDSUPREMETHIRDSUPREME TargSettotheDeathLarkKillaNigga Home of the SlavesPosts: 7,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time for niggas to wake up and move to Rural communities.
    CallMeWelvinBelovedAfeniLincolnrip.dilla
  • 700700 Praying 5 times a day to catch a plug Plap City, FLAPosts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol another ny loss
    KingJamal wrote: »
    @b00kie do u have any Boosie stories u can tell?

b00kie wrote: »
    KingJamal wrote: »
    @b00kie do u have any Boosie stories u can tell?
    haha He cool man, I wasn't in the streets but

He was always lil, like 5'3. But a big mouth, couple times nigga had to square up. At the football game he took that stick the drum major had and cracked a nigga over the head w it and broke the stick

Nigga was cold on the bball court though, I didn't get that starting spot until he stopped coming to school. School let out at 3 we had to stay till the games at 6 so he used to just rap about whatever people talkin about passng time.

Then he started hanging w C-Loc and them, rappin/hustling whatever, rarely came to school anymore. When he did he would just be Polo down.... come, counting stacks $ at recess, everybody lookin.

OH and biology class blunt fell out his ear and the teacher tried to grab it. He twist that lady arm grabbed the blunt off the floor n left. lol
    Far from a groupie...but a Boosie story

Nga was in the club and I was out and about in another state..I was doing business there and decide to step out...and heard dude was going to be at the club on the radio...Now I don't know dude like that..but again my patnas know dude...I goes to the club..dude has his own section in the club..him and his crew and a few women...I walk up to the area and he comes over and he like you be in B.R. and you be wit such and such and I was like yea..he like mayne what you doing out here..I told him.. he was like..mayne you family come on in V.I.P. and get what you want..you want this..you want that..i was like nah..nga handed me a bottle and told me just to take it...again I don't know dude like that to be gettin a bottle..but the love he showed..I see why ngas love this nga down here so much...so I was leaving the club after he performed..nga was like you good you need bread..you need money on a room..and I was like shocked the nga even reached out like that..and I was like nah.. Nga didn't care who you were..if he fucks wit you..he fucks wit you..that's why alot cats fuck wit the lil nga...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uMoBtaS-wvg&fb_source=message
    CallMeWelvinDisciplined InSightKINGECLincoln
  • KingJamalKingJamal Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn smh
    I wanna take you higher...
    Young Stef
  • hautehaute Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cant tell these niggas Instagramming from a room they rent with filters

Talmbout they living the life and shit
  • StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 32,943 Regulator
    NY stay losing.
    #Mikeyismod2017
    CopperTHIRDSUPREMEmiamivice305KINGECdwade206Already Home_17purpngoldrip.dillaceothachosen1
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattlePosts: 49,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NY is so damn expensive..my people's live in Chelsea....their mortgage is stupid expensive ..luckily they net about a million a year.
    As I look back over a misspent life, I find myself more and more convinced that I had more fun posting on the IC than in any other enterprise. It is really the life of kings.

• Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Q45T wrote: »
    So where does their unentitled sense of pride come from?

They think since Jay Z has money that mean they have money.

Stupid niggas will spend 300 on a belt and then survive off of Ramen Noodle and beef jerky.
    haute wrote: »
    cant tell these niggas Instagramming from a room they rent with filters

Talmbout they living the life and shit
    CopperKing wrote: »
    I hear some are relegated to living ( and posting from) within basements

Shots fired..Sean Bell style.
    To be a real hood you need more than just a gun. You need ideas.

tumblr_m9zas2KcdZ1rnneano1_1280.gif
  • ChicagoBearsChicagoBears Posts: 758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    I was just sonning some idiot in the Reason about living in NYC.

If you don't have baller money.. NYC is a shitty place to live. Most NYers live in the slums and projects.

True story. Nyc is only good for 2-4 yrs if youre a professional. After that? Naw
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattlePosts: 49,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But NY niggas are flyest niggas on the planet though...wearing 300 Truey Jeans lol
    As I look back over a misspent life, I find myself more and more convinced that I had more fun posting on the IC than in any other enterprise. It is really the life of kings.

B_ABelovedAfeniCP203
  • T. SanfordT. Sanford Trill Doggy Dogg (Legion Of Trill) Posts: 24,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shots fired at Jaz-O
    giphy.gif

Me: Have you ever heard of T. Sanford

Karla: Yeah

Me: This is T. Sanford, Come on down here and let me tap that ass
  • BarryHallsBarryHalls Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The recession ended in 2009??
    03-029-A-Pulled-Pork-Sandwich-Homemade-Coleslaw_xl.jpg

o.jpg

bbq_chicken1.jpg

giphy.gif
  • KingJamalKingJamal Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    zombie wrote: »
    nyc is for the strong always has been

Holup u aren't the dude in the reason talking about how people from the South are dumb are u???

In my RZA thread

I wanna take you higher...
    BelovedAfeni