BROOKLYN HIP HOP HISTORY: Chronicles Of a Tree That Keeps On Growing

KNICKLYNKNICKLYN Posts: 5,685
edited September 2013 in The Reason
Brooklyn stand up

CROOKLYN, BUCKTOWN, MEDINA

brooklyn-new-era-59fifty-baseball-cap_10.jpg

brooklynGraffiti_.jpg
cf_brooklyn-bridge-1a.jpg

History runs deep in BROOKLYN. We have famous EmCees, producers, DJ's, graffiti artists, comedians, actors, athletes, gangs, events, movies, & places. I will also keep y'all up to date on Brooklyn related news affecting the Hip Hop community

You name it, we made our mark and we're not done. From the old to the new. I'm doing my part in representing the 5 elements of Hip Hop. Follow me as I take you to a journey that's never ending.

Replies

• ROZAYTABERNACLEROZAYTABERNACLE Posts: 16,014
    what the fuck is this?

is it a brooklyn appreciation thread? da fuck with all the articles?
  • DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218
    [Biggie voice] is Brooklyn in the house? without a doubt [/Biggie voice]..
  • KNICKLYNKNICKLYN Posts: 5,685
    [Biggie voice] is Brooklyn in the house? without a doubt [/Biggie voice]..

of course he is. I will get to him sooner or later. So many rappers to name that no one will go unchecked. Peace

• not from NYC but got mad love for Brooklyn
  • Powerful thread. A lot of cats don't know about Decepticons & Lo Life. Proud to be from Brooklyn
    edited April 2013
    11876061374abdee5e2d713.jpg

KarlKani.JPG

Born and raised in BROOKLYN, Carl Williams is the first African American to start his own Hip Hop clothing brand. Although he started his business in California, he was a force to be reckoned with in the Hip Hop community. Most of the Hip Hop clothing styles you see today is because of him. Many call him the Originator because of the styles he came up with which other brands would soon copy. He had many famous people sporting his brand from Tupac, Nas, Biggie Smalls, and Diddy.

Powerful thread. A lot of cats don't know about Decepticons & Lo Life. Proud to be from Brooklyn

Peace King. Good looking out. I will try my best to cover everything BROOKLYN related. One
    edited April 2013
    DANA DANE

220px-DanaDaneSept05.jpg

One of the earliest Brooklyn rappers that was part of the Kangol Crew with Slick Rick. Hailing from Fort Greene He had minor hits like "Nightmares" which use to scare the shit out of me watching that video as a youngin. His album "Dana Dane with Fame" is a BROOKLYN CLASSIC. I'm glad i own that cd which is probably out of print. Last time I seen him was a cameo he did for a Brooklyn rap group called "Pitch Black."

edited April 2013
    RALPH MCDANIELS

ralph-748617.jpg

videomusicbox_main.jpg

thebridge.jpg

A very important figure in Hip Hop. He started Video Music Box which is the first music television show about Hip Hop. He also produced many underground rap videos that showed the true essence of NYC. Nothing about his videos looked pretty. It was straight raw and gritty. Now a days he does numerous things like being a radio personality on Hot 97, still hosting VMB, hosting another show called "The Bridge" which play old school rap videos. He owns a website called onfumes.com that plays all kind rap videos from the past and present.

• Cabana_Da_DonCabana_Da_Don Posts: 6,189
    edited April 2013
    Word in the street is that blue pill and red pill were deep in that POLO business lol.Them niggas said they started the underwolrd clothe snatching business.
  • king hassanking hassan Posts: 16,801
    Where Whodini and UTFO at. Good thread tho.
  • You ain't lived until you had juniors cheesecake. making me wanna head over there this weekend now
    Where Whodini and UTFO at. Good thread tho.

Sup big bruh. I didn't forget about them. I have the artists I'm going to talk about bookmarked. From the most known to the least.