Why Does Shit That's Good For You Cost So Fucking Much?

Maximus RexMaximus Rex Demmented, deranged, and diabolicalThe EmpreyanPosts: 4,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
My boy D loves to tell the story about how he went into Whole Foods and bought three items that total $15, the thing is everything in Whole Foods is high, but you can't help but to think you're doing the right thing by buying that expensive as shit, but why does it cost so must? If you're not putting all of these peservatives and shit in the food, it seems that the shit should be cheaper. The same applies to skincare products, why does better lotions, shampoos, and conditiors cost so much. It is about of the Illuminati's or the "Cabal of Evil White's Men's," plan to oppress the poor peoples and minorities by keeping their health fucked up?

Replies

• VIBEVIBE The Man, The Myth, The Fommie Posts: 41,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But it costs so much because its less in demand. It's not as convenient either.
    HyenaKillabootsy_jenkins
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 16,952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they like getting the money outta people who want to care for themselves.

you can put a price on health and they know that
  • Maximus RexMaximus Rex Demmented, deranged, and diabolical The EmpreyanPosts: 4,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easier to have a nation of sick, lethargic lemmings than it is to have a nation of aware, healthy individuals..population control..if it weren't for gmo's, the food supply wwould have been exhausted..keeping ppl alive is bad for business and for the planet..

Nigga sounds like Malthus.

• taebootaeboo Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are ways around paying so much for food and beauty products. I shop at aldi's and my local grocery store and the farmer's market rather than whole foods. You don't have to buy everything thing organic either. Also try to buy produce when it's natrually in season.
    Skyler WhiteKai
  • PurrPurr The BBW of your dreams. Lubuit te cognitione cognoscentes. Videre, deinceps vita.Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    supply n demand bruh
  • NIKE...NIKE... Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easier to have a nation of sick, lethargic lemmings than it is to have a nation of aware, healthy individuals..population control..if it weren't for gmo's, the food supply wwould have been exhausted..keeping ppl alive is bad for business and for the planet..

Nigga sounds like Malthus.
    lol population control is the nations best kept secret..it's the perverted uncle nobody in the family talks about
  • Crude_Crude_ Legend Posts: 16,861 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In this world you pay for what you get.
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 19,778 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    Doctors shouldn't be prescribing meds, they should be telling people to change their eating habits and eat more greens.

I'm not saying to do away with modern medicine, I'm saying there's other ways to treat things rather than always be given a prescription.

I don't think anyone knew or noticed but I posted in one of these forums why nutritionists and doctors don't give better advice but its because they are in league with corporations like Kraft, Pepsi & Nestle. Money is the source of corruption, so now doctors & nutritionists take time to navigate how much of things people should eat instead of telling them just flatly to not eat/drink it.

I guess they actually fear that people will start listening to doctors and medical professionals, otherwise there would be no reason for how close they are.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/23/business/report-questions-nutrition-groups-use-of-corporate-sponsors.html?_r=0
    VIBE
  • Will MunnyWill Munny I eat pussy on the 1st date. Posts: 24,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just tell em its good for they skin and
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 19,778 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's another link for people interested in the topic of corporate-nutritional professional corruption

http://www.metrotimes.com/food/advice-is-not-a-crime-1.1368270

• Maximus RexMaximus Rex Demmented, deranged, and diabolical The EmpreyanPosts: 4,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Show I ever (God willing,) get to that mutli-millionaire status of like a net worth of 50 million dollars. I'm going to bu from farm land up state and raise my own fucking cattle, pork, chickens, and goats, like Daddy King used too. Like Pelle Pelle said, my great-grandparents and my grandparents (on both sides, except for my dad's mom,) were a part of that American agarian culture that raised and grew everything they needed to eat. However, there is a spot near Boys and Girls High School on Troy near Pacific that raises chickens and you can go and harvest the eggs.

That's one of reasons why I want to get into hunting and learn how to field dress meat, to get access to natural food sources.
    Lou_Cypher
  • The ProdigalsonThe Prodigalson Posts: 8,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah all that organic shit is a rip off buying out the store. Niggaz still paying money for semi healthy food. The only sure bet is to produce your own shit.
    jay83
  • BarryHallsBarryHalls Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to a farmers market. You know the ones the hold every saturday morning or some shit.
  • king hassanking hassan south side somewherePosts: 18,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doctors shouldn't be prescribing meds, they should be telling people to change their eating habits and eat more greens.

I'm not saying to do away with modern medicine, I'm saying there's other ways to treat things rather than always be given a prescription.

Actually they do but some people won't change they eating habits
    Lou_CypherSkyler White
  • Go figureGo figure Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Supply and demand is the biggest cause.

Also foods that aren't processed expire faster. Grocery stores will throw out more expired foods that didn't sell than shit that can be shelved for months so they lose more money on those items.

It is all business but I Dont think its as big a scheme as trying to keep america unhealthy I think they just capitalized off it when they noticed the effects.

They suggest it.

But they'll shit down your throat about your meds more than they would about a diet.
    NIKE...
  • Will MunnyWill Munny I eat pussy on the 1st date. Posts: 24,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Munny wrote: »
    i just tell em its good for they skin and

My nut that is

Nh

• NIKE...NIKE... Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

They suggest it.

But they'll shit down your throat about your meds more than they would about a diet.
    i've seen doctors do this on several occasions when my uncle used to let me tagalong on his sales calls (pharm sales rep)...those doctors get so many incentives for pushing pills that it would seem foolish for them to suggest anything other than medication to their patients..they might say "you should watch what you eat or get more (insert random fruit or veggie)" but at the end of the day, they are pulling out that pad and throwing you a bunch of pills, even if they know holistic treatment is cheaper and just as if not more effective..

VIBE

They suggest it.

No, most doctors promote diet and lifestyle changes before prescribing medications.

The problem is that by the time medical intervention is needed, the patient is in such bad shape that medications are necessary in addition to lifestyle/diet changes.

I get that. I'm not saying doctors don't do this, I'm just saying they just say it to say it. It's like when a doctor who smokes tells his patients not to smoke, it's just because its apart of his job to flap his gums to appease people's minds, "oh, he actually cares".

There's good doctors though, I've met a few.

Don't get me wrong, I understand how far modern medicine has gotten us, I do see the effects it has, both good and bad. But it seems, though, we've lost our touch with the medicine of nature. Instead of people who are diabetic changing their lives, they depend on insulin and keep their same dietary routine going on at home. Most people do not change and this is because they aren't very much knowledgable about their diabetes. They know the basics but don't know it's reversible. Doctors need to know these things too and let their patients know, "I'll give you this insulin, but realize if you are to completely change your eating habits from unhealthy to healthy, then you can reverse this and NOT be a diabetic".

This is what I mean by meds over healthy lifestyles, people aren't notified that most of these sicknesses and diseases can be erased/cured by simply eating healthier.

This is what pelle pelle is saying, that they're kept out of that loop to remain sick and keep the medical field booming by pouring money into pharmaceuticals and other treatments.

If you have ever seen "Forks Over Knives", it's a good documentary that follows a man who has to take all sorts of pills to keep himself in check until he changes his diet, then he no longer needs them, not even one pill.

They suggest it.

i've seen doctors do this on several occasions when my uncle used to let me tagalong on his sales calls (pharm sales rep)...those doctors get so many incentives for pushing pills that it would seem foolish for them to suggest anything other than medication to their patients..they might say "you should watch what you eat or get more (insert random fruit or veggie)" but at the end of the day, they are pulling out that pad and throwing you a bunch of pills, even if they know holistic treatment is cheaper and just as if not more effective..

Yeah, because a doctor is going to stay with you all day and make sure you exercise, control your portions, and watch your diet.

Eating like a wild animal and not exercising is what got them to the doctor in the first place. You think a person is going to change their eating habits overnight just because a doctor suggests it? Maaaan I've seen heart patients on the congestive heart failure floor get their family to bring them fast food and salt packets in the hospital even after the doctor just told them to lower their sodium intake. I've seen COPD patients sneak and smoke cigs in the hospital shower stalls. Or hanging around the front of the hospital still hooked up to an IV smoking cigarettes.

A dietitian can make all the meal plans in the world. If a patient doesn't want to adhere to it, they won't. People like the easy way out, and taking medications is easier than changing your life.

And then if a doctor discharges a patient with a new meal plan & no medications and they stroke out or have a heart attack, the punk ass family wants to sue for malpractice because "the doctor didn't do more" SMFH. Miss me with that

We're changing the times from when we used to eat homemade foods at home to everything being processed, healthy lifestyles need to be emphasized more within the medical field. Doctors should be more knowledgable and explain to their patients all the benefits.

Of course they won't listen, but if they speak on it enough and keep phamplets around, people will change. It needs to be repetitive information, not something that's breezed through.
    Purr