2013 NBA Draft/Lottery Thread

af.r.i.c.a.af.r.i.c.a. Fuck your reactions Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
Lottery is Tuesday May 21st. Sterns you owe us!! Tho for some reason i see Seacramento getting gifted Noel

Replies

• 1CK1S1CK1S Posts: 19,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Orlando Magic - Nerlens Noel
    2. Cleveland Cavaliers - Otto Porter
    3. Sacramento Kings - Anthony Bennett
    4. Charlotte Bobcats - Otto Porter
    5. Detroit Pistons - Shabazz Muhammad
    6. Phoenix Suns - Victor Oladipo
    7. New Orleans Pelicans - Trey Burke
    8. Minnesota Timberwolves - C.J. McCollum
    9. Philadelphia 76ers - ?
    10. Washington Wizards - ?
    11. Oklahoma City Thunder - ?
    12. Portland Trail Blazers - ?
    13. Dallas Mavericks - Kentavious Caldwell-Pope or Alex Len
    14. Milwaukee Bucks - ?
    15. Utah Jazz - Michael Carter-Williams
    TheBossmanJ. Will
  • TRILLip BrooksTRILLip Brooks Lefty Gunz, Lord High Executioner Posts: 18,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lottery is Tuesday May 21st. Sterns you owe us!! Tho for some reason i see Seacramento getting gifted Noel

You should just tank again and try to get Wiggins in 2014 cause this draft class is weak as fuck
    af.r.i.c.a.silverfoxx
  • Matt-Matt- Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dog. its bad enough if we somehow end up picking 4th. but if we get Otto Porter with that pick, then fuck i don't even know. he's like our last top pick, MKG, except with an offensive game. so we'll see. I'd rather have a true SG if they let Henderson walk. Dude from Kansas or Shabazz, he's just gonna have to lose his freshman 15. But we need an offensive minded C/PF not named Byron Mullins. and i feel bad for whoever takes Noel. He won't be a bust but he wont warrant a first overall pick
    af.r.i.c.a.
  • greenwood1921greenwood1921 Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we're the only team in the playoffs with a lotto pick? Coo.

I think our pick will be higher than 11 tho.

Nikkas better pray for Meniscus tears next year....
    CottonCitySlim
  • af.r.i.c.a.af.r.i.c.a. Fuck your reactions Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

You should just tank again and try to get Wiggins in 2014 cause this draft class is weak as fuck

Yea i was listening to bill simmons talk about how the team that drafts Noel is going to be without him for half of the regular season so its sort of like your tanking but still getting the best player in both drafts. Wiggins is nice but that draft class is deep with talent. Kentucky might go undefeated next year lol especially if they land wiggins
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Matt- wrote: »
    dog. its bad enough if we somehow end up picking 4th. but if we get Otto Porter with that pick, then fuck i don't even know. he's like our last top pick, MKG, except with an offensive game. so we'll see. I'd rather have a true SG if they let Henderson walk. Dude from Kansas or Shabazz, he's just gonna have to lose his freshman 15. But we need an offensive minded C/PF not named Byron Mullins. and i feel bad for whoever takes Noel. He won't be a bust but he wont warrant a first overall pick

Mclemore is a perfect fit for the your team. Dude doesn't need the ball to be effective and seemed to disappear in the big moments but you have kemba for that.
  • O.G.O.G. THEY BETTER HAVE THEIR RIOT GEAR READY. Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013

Is that pick due to the Harden trade ?
    I honestly thought the '09 Draft was weak leading up to it. And I wasn't the only one. Shit changes when the games start. *shrug*
    #1hiphopjunki3
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 21,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    number 11, we stay winning
    greenwood1921
    I honestly thought the '09 Draft was weak leading up to it. And I wasn't the only one. Shit changes when the games start. *shrug*

i think this draft is going to be similar to the 09 draft in that exact way. People can shit on this draft all they want but i like a lot of these prospects. Watch the Spurs trade 2 second round picks for Shabazz smh
    edited May 2013
    I hated the Harden pick. And I still do. Still think we should've worked something out to move up to #1 and get Blake.
  • BDBIIDBDBIID 5* Poster. Ranked #1 ESPNU150,Rivals,247Sports. Uncommitted. Tri-State Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My sources tell me that the Suns are gonna win the lottery.
  • mr.jamrockmr.jamrock Posts: 435 ✭✭✭
    I wont front im a magic fan and I wouldnt be mad if we gave away our pick, weak ass draft class
    wilberdmillz
  • ShizlanskyShizlansky Nothing better then being a father. Posts: 22,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noel game is Fucking weak.
    TheBossmanMillzOGDaCaliKing
  • 5th Letter5th Letter AKA 5th Element Posts: 28,014 Regulator
    Watch Stern give the number 1 pick to Sacramento.
    Max.
  • eyes loweyes low Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamaica wrote: »
    Watch Stern give the number 1 pick to Sacramento.

you mean seattle
    edited May 2013

Is that pick due to the Harden trade ?

Yup.

Chess, not checkers.
  • BetaBeta "No One Man Above The Clique" Posts: 25,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoever drafts noel in the first 5 picks is really gonna regret it
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoever drafts noel in the first 5 picks is really gonna regret it

depends on what they're looking for. I think he can be a superior deandre jordan best case scenario. Worst case? Probably a more athletic thabeet lol. Besides Mclemore, Noel, and Oladipo I'm not really high on any of these players
  • Mister B.Mister B. The IC'sTeacher...learn some shit! Posts: 10,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Noel to Philly could ONLY work if we got Big Al Jefferson in the offseason to cover him offensively. They could be a legit Z-Bo/Gasol-like combo in the East.

Outside of this, if the Sixers draft another tweeter/shooter in the first round, I'm buying a Brook Lopez jersey and cutting my fuckin losses. Shit is a waste, and they know....and they keep doing it.
    We're in the best position in the lottery obviously. Cause we're the only team that won't *need* our pick to "save" us. In fact, if our pick is actually good, the league will have to break us up.

I want a Big, but Home-Depot will do fine too.

Contrary to dumb-nigga belief, we DO NOT need another guard. Definitely not with this pick. Our weakness the last 3 years has been our bigs and that's obvious for anybody that knows b-ball.

We get a decent Big that can consistently drop like 15 and 8 to go along with Collie and Ibaka, it's a problem.

I also got the feeling we might use it as trade bait too. If we don't make it to the WCF or Finals, I think Presti will do a blockbuster with those 2 first round picks and a player.
    Trollio #1hiphopjunki3
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noel to Philly could ONLY work if we got Big Al Jefferson in the offseason to cover him offensively. They could be a legit Z-Bo/Gasol-like combo in the East.

Outside of this, if the Sixers draft another tweeter/shooter in the first round, I'm buying a Brook Lopez jersey and cutting my fuckin losses. Shit is a waste, and they know....and they keep doing it.

Lol hell no. Noel too weak offensively and Jefferson too weak defensively for that to be possible
    PiffyHazeTheBossmantha bause
  • TheBossmanTheBossman The Voice of Mandela Posts: 16,099 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol hell no. Noel too weak offensively and Jefferson too weak defensively for that to be possible

i was gonna type this until i seen someone else already posted it lol
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance I'm sick of gossiping bitches and niggas who gossip like bitches Queens, NYPosts: 31,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noel is terrible he shouldn't go no 1....
    DaCaliKing
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Noel game is Fucking weak.

he's only 18 bruh. At the very worst he's going to be theo rattlif but he can easily be the next Mutumbo
    greenwood1921marc123tha bause