What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

W.O.N.G.U.U. Vol. 18: 50 Cent

iKingGodGivBiziKingGodGivBiz What title?Posts: 28,990 Regulator
edited May 2013 in The Reason

New AHH Battle Rap Forum
http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/the-battle-rap-zone
Karma es verdad.

W.O.N.G.U.U. Vol. 18: 50 Cent 73 votes

Wack
10%
1of1internationaljust.might.b.okawwwwwwwwwwwIgot5onitMelanin_Enriched soulbrotherThe Recipe 8 votes
Overrated
16%
infamous114aneed123rip.dilladouble0suge700CJKwan DaiOuncemanMister B.Jabu_Rulegenocidecuttercomplex_council 12 votes
Not-Overrated
36%
SionCP203soul rattlerR.D.Cutler 26 INT's LOL!CoolJoeBDBIIDidoitforhiphop10Nah SonL3NU_Menace_iChuy83MR.CJBilly_PonchoFyHunnitLou_CypherpurpngoldCashmoneyDuxJ. WillMeta_Conscious 27 votes
Goat Status
12%
BelovedAfeniqtipp73nohiphop1riddlerapYamoleySenseiEl PayasoPiffyHazeabn562killaguwop 9 votes
Underrated
8%
buttuh_bnillerthekidNothingButTheTruthTheRicanKingT. Sanfordohhhla 6 votes
Undecided
15%
eternal soldierninetiesdwade2065th LetterP. TownStewiKingGodGivBiztexasdaking88nj2089SleepwalkingInJapanblackgod813 11 votes

Replies

• Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious Hypocrite The BashmentPosts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not-Overrated
    meh... he dropped some classics...
    LUClEN
  • soulbrothersoulbrother LORD WRECKA Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wack
    If we're talking lyrics...he's dookie sticks...he got lucky early in his career....now his talent is on display and nobody is paying to see/hear it
    who stole the soul?
    R.D.CashmoneyDux
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 12,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Underrated
    One of the most consistent rappers ever.
    BUTTUH B - 2013 REASON DEBATES VI CHAMPION

Lakers, Eagles, Mets, Capitals, Buckeyes (CFB), Bruins, (CBB), War Rigondeaux, War Crawford!
    #VegasLight #SwagShow #PopeyesHive
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 18,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't call him 'wack'. But he's definitely never impressed me from a lyrical standpoint. Many classic songs, though, so I won't vote
  • riddlerapriddlerap G Unit 4 Life 50's MansionPosts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goat Status
    GOAT status
    trust no one, just my sig
    killaguwop
  • 5th Letter5th Letter Top Gang Thug Trying To Lower The Body Count Posts: 36,355 Regulator
    Undecided
    I used to like the old 50 Cent (99-03) then afterwards I felt his music began to sound formalic. Every once in awhile he'd make a few dope records but disappoint me with wack songs in an attempt to create a hit. I feel when he wants to he can make dope music but is lazy IMO.
    Fuck who's the baddest a persons status depends on salary
    That buck that bought that bottle could have struck the lotto
    almighty breeze
  • Melanin_Enriched Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Posts: 22,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wack
    Nigga is beyond garbage.
    *Top 5 background poster*
    Started fucking with photoshop
    superstarcole.gif
    The RecipeCeLLaR-DooRrip.dilladouble0suge
  • idoitforhiphop10idoitforhiphop10 Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not-Overrated
    I voted not overrated off the strength grodt. That's definitely a classic and had impact, and i ain't even a 50 fan.
    Fav Rappers No order:

Schoolboy Q
    Joey Bada$$
    J. Cole
    Ab-Soul
    Lupe Fiasco
    Kendrick Lamar
    Chance The Rapper
    Big K.R.I.T.
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth stew Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Underrated
    He got some lyrics, but dudes like to act like he's crazy trash for some reason. Also his content is something that's missing from the game.

Don't like his persona though. The guy he pretends to be for the media is all about destroying his peers which is never a good look.
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 19,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not-Overrated
    i put not overrated because ther's no Legend choice but he's underrated

I could post 3 albums worth of good ass music from fif easily in here
  • rip.dillarip.dilla 天道様 Posts: 17,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overrated
    This guy is still talked about on this website when he's musically finished and ran outta ideas . .

I don't get it

Plus who can forget his ill-advised 'one man riot' attack on nearly the entire rap game? Thinking he would survive burning too many bridges. All the cats he called out still dropping music today.

I always ask: when's Curtis' next album dropping?
    ... always immediately go for my boobs ... She feelin me up like "are those your nipples?" I'm like "don't touch there. my money is there." So she's running my hips and thighs ...
    dwade206aneed123Muhannad
  • dwade206dwade206 Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undecided
    There should really be an "aight" and "meh" option
    Bustin a new nut on @R.D's moms collarbone everyday.
    genocidecutteraneed123Already Home_17FunkyJ
  • riddlerapriddlerap G Unit 4 Life 50's MansionPosts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goat Status
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    All the cats he called out still dropping music today.

Lol..
    trust no one, just my sig
  • rip.dillarip.dilla 天道様 Posts: 17,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overrated
    50_Cent_Guess_Whos_Back-front-large.jpg

his most cohesive shit be it an album or tape IMO .. .
    ... always immediately go for my boobs ... She feelin me up like "are those your nipples?" I'm like "don't touch there. my money is there." So she's running my hips and thighs ...
    PiffyHazeCashmoneyDux
  • YamoleySenseiYamoleySensei Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goat Status
    abn562 wrote: »
    dude was putting out songs that were comparable to nas' shit before grodt, I think im still the only one still but I think that the massacre was better than grodt, everything was well put together, he upped his lyrics a lil more, not too much but everything flowed together nicely. I give him a goat cause if he woulda died when they clapped em, he wouldve been considered a great
    Nah, you not the only one...I fucks with the Massacre heavy and I think it shits on GRODT
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    50_Cent_Guess_Whos_Back-front-large.jpg

his most cohesive shit be it an album or tape IMO .. .

"Fuck You" use to stay on repeat....dope mixtape/album
  • genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overrated
    Overrated as fuck
    Gives us back images in sigs
    buttuh_b
  • CashmoneyDuxCashmoneyDux Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not-Overrated
    50_cent__Power_Of_The_Dollar_Front.jpg

One of the greatest albums
    tumblr_mldz8wN84X1rc2u19o2_400.gif

icUWzM.gif

Top 10:
    Jay Electronica
    Blu
    Fashawn
    Elzhi
    Phonte
    MF Doom
    Lil B
    Kebee
    Verbal Jint
    Wretch 32
    rip.dillaohhhlaLUClEN
  • The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Wack
    The only way he is not-overrated is if you rated him wack, he aint drop nothing hot in almost 10 years.

Thats a 1 hot album every ten year average and thats Sooo Laaamme.
    soulbrotherrip.dilla
  • 700700 Praying 5 times a day to catch a plug Plap City, FLAPosts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overrated
    overrated

his shit was straight for two albums tho
    KingJamal wrote: »
    @b00kie do u have any Boosie stories u can tell?

b00kie wrote: »
    KingJamal wrote: »
    @b00kie do u have any Boosie stories u can tell?
    haha He cool man, I wasn't in the streets but

He was always lil, like 5'3. But a big mouth, couple times nigga had to square up. At the football game he took that stick the drum major had and cracked a nigga over the head w it and broke the stick

Nigga was cold on the bball court though, I didn't get that starting spot until he stopped coming to school. School let out at 3 we had to stay till the games at 6 so he used to just rap about whatever people talkin about passng time.

Then he started hanging w C-Loc and them, rappin/hustling whatever, rarely came to school anymore. When he did he would just be Polo down.... come, counting stacks $ at recess, everybody lookin.

OH and biology class blunt fell out his ear and the teacher tried to grab it. He twist that lady arm grabbed the blunt off the floor n left. lol
    Far from a groupie...but a Boosie story

Nga was in the club and I was out and about in another state..I was doing business there and decide to step out...and heard dude was going to be at the club on the radio...Now I don't know dude like that..but again my patnas know dude...I goes to the club..dude has his own section in the club..him and his crew and a few women...I walk up to the area and he comes over and he like you be in B.R. and you be wit such and such and I was like yea..he like mayne what you doing out here..I told him.. he was like..mayne you family come on in V.I.P. and get what you want..you want this..you want that..i was like nah..nga handed me a bottle and told me just to take it...again I don't know dude like that to be gettin a bottle..but the love he showed..I see why ngas love this nga down here so much...so I was leaving the club after he performed..nga was like you good you need bread..you need money on a room..and I was like shocked the nga even reached out like that..and I was like nah.. Nga didn't care who you were..if he fucks wit you..he fucks wit you..that's why alot cats fuck wit the lil nga...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uMoBtaS-wvg&fb_source=message
  • Mister B.Mister B. Still the Devil's #1 Advocate. Come on out that box! Posts: 15,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overrated
    Slightly above-average rapper....but nothing more.

People confused him beefing with niggas for actual skill. Dude could make a party song, tho.
    mirthewriter.wordpress.com
    Read that jawn....
    El Payaso
  • MuhannadMuhannad Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Not-Overrated
    Pt1

50 is a decent but limited, one-dimensional rapper. He can spit but he ain't that nice to let his lyrics speak for him. His strength lies is making hooks and constructing songs with a street or 'thug' love theme. Like with most things in life, you end how you start.
    This brother came into the game with a gimmick. His gimmick was calling out names, creating beefs, stirring up controverse and drysnitching. After GRODT's success he kept using the same formula to make songs and promote his projects. He kept manufacturing beef to garner interest for his releases. By dissing other rappers he burned alot of bridges while these rappers he dissed are still releasing music and are still relevant musically like someone said.

When he came out in '99 and even around the time GRODT dropped he was the underdog. He got that war story about him getting shot, n*ggas were trying to blackball him etc. He was Em's boy so in a way he was safe for 'them' and he fit that black brute stereotype to a tee, posing in bulletproof vests 'n sh*t. He lost sympathy by all that bragging about sales and dissing. He became a bully instead of the underdog. Fans like to root for the underdog but not the bully.
    He's not overrated IMO...

Nah Sonblackgod813