W.O.N.G.U.U. Vol. 18: 50 Cent

iKingGodGivBiziKingGodGivBiz Batman With Prep TimePosts: 18,974 Regulator
edited May 2013 in The Reason

W.O.N.G.U.U. Vol. 18: 50 Cent

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Replies

• Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious Hypocrite The BashmentPosts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not-Overrated
    meh... he dropped some classics...
    LUClEN
  • soulbrothersoulbrother Daddy Long Stroke Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wack
    If we're talking lyrics...he's dookie sticks...he got lucky early in his career....now his talent is on display and nobody is paying to see/hear it
    R.D.CashmoneyDux
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 11,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Underrated
    One of the most consistent rappers ever.
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 11,576 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't call him 'wack'. But he's definitely never impressed me from a lyrical standpoint. Many classic songs, though, so I won't vote
  • riddlerapriddlerap G Unit 4 Life 50's MansionPosts: 14,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goat Status
    GOAT status
    killaguwop
  • 5th Letter5th Letter AKA 5th Element Posts: 27,376 Regulator
    Undecided
    I used to like the old 50 Cent (99-03) then afterwards I felt his music began to sound formalic. Every once in awhile he'd make a few dope records but disappoint me with wack songs in an attempt to create a hit. I feel when he wants to he can make dope music but is lazy IMO.
    almighty breeze
  • Melanin_Enriched Melanin_Enriched You're favorite melanin enriched gentleman Posts: 20,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wack
    Nigga is beyond garbage.
    The RecipeCeLLaR-DooRrip.dilladouble0suge
  • idoitforhiphop10idoitforhiphop10 Posts: 5,954 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not-Overrated
    I voted not overrated off the strength grodt. That's definitely a classic and had impact, and i ain't even a 50 fan.
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Underrated
    He got some lyrics, but dudes like to act like he's crazy trash for some reason. Also his content is something that's missing from the game.

Don't like his persona though. The guy he pretends to be for the media is all about destroying his peers which is never a good look.
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not-Overrated
    i put not overrated because ther's no Legend choice but he's underrated

I could post 3 albums worth of good ass music from fif easily in here
  • rip.dillarip.dilla 天道様 Posts: 15,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overrated
    This guy is still talked about on this website when he's musically finished and ran outta ideas . .

I don't get it

Plus who can forget his ill-advised 'one man riot' attack on nearly the entire rap game? Thinking he would survive burning too many bridges. All the cats he called out still dropping music today.

I always ask: when's Curtis' next album dropping?
    dwade206aneed123Muhannad
  • dwade206dwade206 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undecided
    There should really be an "aight" and "meh" option
    genocidecutteraneed123Already Home_17FunkyJ
  • riddlerapriddlerap G Unit 4 Life 50's MansionPosts: 14,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goat Status
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    All the cats he called out still dropping music today.

Lol..
  • rip.dillarip.dilla 天道様 Posts: 15,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overrated
    50_Cent_Guess_Whos_Back-front-large.jpg

his most cohesive shit be it an album or tape IMO .. .
    PiffyHazeCashmoneyDux
  • YamoleySenseiYamoleySensei Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goat Status
    abn562 wrote: »
    dude was putting out songs that were comparable to nas' shit before grodt, I think im still the only one still but I think that the massacre was better than grodt, everything was well put together, he upped his lyrics a lil more, not too much but everything flowed together nicely. I give him a goat cause if he woulda died when they clapped em, he wouldve been considered a great
    Nah, you not the only one...I fucks with the Massacre heavy and I think it shits on GRODT
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    50_Cent_Guess_Whos_Back-front-large.jpg

his most cohesive shit be it an album or tape IMO .. .

"Fuck You" use to stay on repeat....dope mixtape/album
  • genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 10,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overrated
    Overrated as fuck
    buttuh_b
  • CashmoneyDuxCashmoneyDux Posts: 5,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not-Overrated
    50_cent__Power_Of_The_Dollar_Front.jpg

One of the greatest albums
    rip.dillaohhhlaLUClEN
  • The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Wack
    The only way he is not-overrated is if you rated him wack, he aint drop nothing hot in almost 10 years.

Thats a 1 hot album every ten year average and thats Sooo Laaamme.
    soulbrotherrip.dilla
  • 700700 I been chasing this dream so long, chasing it, I'm chasing it, told myself that I gotta stay strong Plap City, FLAPosts: 10,971 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overrated
    overrated

his shit was straight for two albums tho
  • ohhhlaohhhla Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Underrated
    He's so slept-on

Even til this day.
    buttuh_b
  • Mister B.Mister B. The IC'sTeacher...learn some shit! Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overrated
    Slightly above-average rapper....but nothing more.

People confused him beefing with niggas for actual skill. Dude could make a party song, tho.
    El Payaso
  • MuhannadMuhannad Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Not-Overrated
    Pt1

50 is a decent but limited, one-dimensional rapper. He can spit but he ain't that nice to let his lyrics speak for him. His strength lies is making hooks and constructing songs with a street or 'thug' love theme. Like with most things in life, you end how you start.
    This brother came into the game with a gimmick. His gimmick was calling out names, creating beefs, stirring up controverse and drysnitching. After GRODT's success he kept using the same formula to make songs and promote his projects. He kept manufacturing beef to garner interest for his releases. By dissing other rappers he burned alot of bridges while these rappers he dissed are still releasing music and are still relevant musically like someone said.

When he came out in '99 and even around the time GRODT dropped he was the underdog. He got that war story about him getting shot, n*ggas were trying to blackball him etc. He was Em's boy so in a way he was safe for 'them' and he fit that black brute stereotype to a tee, posing in bulletproof vests 'n sh*t. He lost sympathy by all that bragging about sales and dissing. He became a bully instead of the underdog. Fans like to root for the underdog but not the bully.
    He's not overrated IMO...

Nah Sonblackgod813