The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "Wonder Woman"

Replies

• Joker_De_La_LoverJoker_De_La_Lover PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 41,693 Regulator
    How would you even estimate box office performance 2 months in advance?
    Lou_CypherHuey_Ciron man1
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher E.L.E.: Everybody Love Everybody Arkham AsylumPosts: 47,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats what i was thinking haha. My guess is it has to do with social media/internet chatter of the movie
  • nujerz84nujerz84 NJPosts: 15,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 11
    Broddie wrote: »
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Question if Wonder Woman...

It's budget is 100 million which is peanuts for blockbuster features today so it is bound to make a profit. It needs to deliver from a quality standpoiny above all because DCEU needs any goodwill it can get.

True and marketiing isn't as heavy as BVS and SS both those films were everywhere.

Imo I think it will do little more than 83 (around 90). It will be interesting what effect if any critics will have on box office numbers..likely its impact is more for fan boy online social media chatter

• Joker_De_La_LoverJoker_De_La_Lover PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 41,693 Regulator
    I think wonder woman will surprise everyone, especially being the first major female Superhero film
    Beta
  • BroddieBroddie gozando y bailando vivo yo NYCPosts: 8,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's all analytics.
  • BetaBeta White People Buyin Pitbulls Now.. Posts: 57,208 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I HOPE wonder woman will surprise everyone, especially being the first major female Superhero film

There you go
    Beta wrote: »
    I HOPE wonder woman will surprise everyone, especially being the first major female Superhero film

There you go

Someone drank all the haterade. Was it you?
    Huey_C
  • BetaBeta White People Buyin Pitbulls Now.. Posts: 57,208 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beta wrote: »

There you go

Someone drank all the haterade. Was it you?

lj4xj0rgwikk.gif

NH
    Joker_De_La_LoverHundredEyesL3NUrip.dilla
    A man sat alone at the bar of a rooftop club. Soon another man sat beside him and asked him what he was drinking.

"Magic beer." the man said.

"What do you mean by magic beer?" the new arrival asked.

The magic beer drinker took 2 gulps of beer and jumped off the building. He flew around the rooftop a few times and landed back on his stool.

"That was incredible!" the other man said.

The new arrival eagerly took some gulps of the magic beer and jumped off the roof. He plummeted 15 stories to his death.

"You know, you're a real douchebag when you're drunk, Superman." said the spectating bartender
    illestni99ainneHundredEyesaneed123Ajackson17
  • iron man1iron man1 Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist Avengers TowerPosts: 29,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My nigga Dolph going from the Arrowverse to the DCEU. He gonna play the king of xebel (Mera's home) in Aquaman.

For real??? So could they be setting up the return of the true King storyline?
    Imagine The Justice League in the 80s

Dolph Lundgren as Batman

Arnold Swarzenegger as Superman

Sylvester Stallone as Flash

Bruce Willis as Cyborg

Grace Jones as Wonder Woman
    texas409nujerz84illestni99ainneSuperManuelHuey_CLou_Cyphernj2089KairodontdiedontkillanyonAjackson17
    edited April 13
    iron man1 wrote: »
    My nigga Dolph going from the Arrowverse to the DCEU. He gonna play the king of xebel (Mera's home) in Aquaman.

For real??? So could they be setting up the return of the true King storyline?

Nah the first king story deals with the brother of Arthur's ancestor. Movie seems like it will be a Black Manta story. King of Xebel was in conflict with Arthur over Mera so just another adversary really.
    iron man1
  • sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse San DiegoPosts: 6,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    texas409 wrote: »
    JSTLG_Tsr_1sht_2764x4096_DOM_master.jpg

Don't care what nobody says that poster is dope af

Yeah i think Affleck makes a good Batman. Hes really stepped his acting game up. Watched The Accountant last night and was surprised at how good the film was.
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher E.L.E.: Everybody Love Everybody Arkham AsylumPosts: 47,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still need to see the accountant myself. Heard it was great.

But yeah i agree. After the whole Affleck/JLo relationship he went on that hiatus for a few years, but since hes come back directing, almost everything hes appeared in has been dope to me. Havent seen everything hes been in, but i do like him as Batman for sure.
    sapp08_2001
  • charles2charles2 Antisocial Extrovert Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without the stupid voice, Bale was the perfect Batman. Could play Bats and Bruce perfectly. I like Affleck as Batman, but the Bruce playboy angle isn't as well done to me. When Bale did that shit, he was a true arrogant spoiled asshole.
    Huey_Cdontdiedontkillanyon
    I prefer the playboy Bruce Wayne as more aloof like Mike Keaton, the comics or BTAS than just an arrogant asshole like Bale personally. Affleck was closer to the former than the latter.
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 21,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    I still need to see the accountant myself. Heard it was great.

But yeah i agree. After the whole Affleck/JLo relationship he went on that hiatus for a few years, but since hes come back directing, almost everything hes appeared in has been dope to me. Havent seen everything hes been in, but i do like him as Batman for sure.

Movie was good
    sapp08_2001rip.dilla
  • illestni99ainneillestni99ainne I let ur gal suck me off from da back and ur moms giv me cornrows on my crack cuz Im nasty like that Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those who care. Krypton Tv show trailer that'll premiere on SyFy channel
    Joker_De_La_Lover
    Oh shit that show is still happening? I figured that with Supergirl and shit around it wasn't even neccessary but doesn't this one tie into the DCEU? Like how Legion is a part of Fox's X-Men Movie Verse?
    iron man1
  • 1CK1S1CK1S Posts: 26,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joss Whedon Called Kevin Feige About DC’s Batgirl Movie

Batgirl-New-52-Burnside-Comic.jpg?auto=format&cs=tinysrgb&q=20&w=786&h=393&fit=crop

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige says The Avengers writer-director Joss Whedon tipped him off before his announcement about moving over to DC to make Batgirl. It was no doubt a shot heard ’round the cinematic world last month when Whedon rocked the MCU faithful with the news he was going to write, direct and produce Batgirl as a standalone movie for the DCEU.

On one hand, fans weren’t surprised at Whedon’s choice to develop Batgirl, given that he’s fostering strong female characters on both the small and big screens many times before; the real shock came from the fact that he was doing a film for Marvel’s chief competitor.

In an interview with THR that covered a wide variety of Marvel topics, Feige says Whedon – who was also an MCU consultant in addition to directing The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron – let him in on his Batgirl plans long before word reached the public. Feige says:

“He called. A couple months ago, which he didn’t have to do and was super cool of him and super nice of him. And we couldn’t be more supportive. We want to see a Joss Whedon Batgirl film be awesome.”

Anyone following Whedon’s saga at Marvel knows the filmmaker was exhausted and frustrated by his duties at the studio on a professional and personal level – he co-created Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in addition to making the Avengers films – so he bowed out of directing the Infinity War films. However, if there was any animosity between Whedon and Feige, it’s certainly not evident in their actions regarding the filmmaker’s move to DC. The fact that Whedon was gracious enough to call Feige instead of blindsiding him with a public announcement shows a lot of class; and Feige in turn is showing professionalism in his public support of Whedon’s Batgirl.

Besides, Whedon helped make The Avengers a monolithic franchise with a combined global box office gross of $2.9 billion for both films, so any comments other than graceful ones from the likes of Feige would come off as disingenuous. Perhaps the most important factor to consider in all of this is that Whedon’s move to the DCEU with Batgirl keeps alive the healthy competition between Marvel and DC. If either of the studios begin to rest on their laurels, their bottom lines would surely suffer; and worse, fans wouldn’t be getting the quality material that they’ve enjoyed since the MCU kicked off with Iron Man in 2008.

http://screenrant.com/joss-whedon-batgirl-kevin-feige-marvel/
    nujerz84dontdiedontkillanyon