complex 50 best selling rap albums of all time

N YO HOODN YO HOOD Posts: 894 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2013 in The Reason

Replies

• Serious Juice MayneSerious Juice Mayne Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We ain't clicking Lanks 2013
    N YO HOODgnsdwade206kingofbama205rip.dillasoulbrother
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 53,290 Regulator
    schocked that Outkast has the highest selling album wouldve thought it was Em
    FyHunnit_Goldie_OGClarenceBoddickerunspoken_respect
  • internationalinternational Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    schocked that Outkast has the highest selling album wouldve thought it was Em

He came at number 2, had the albums in the top 5, smh...
  • N YO HOODN YO HOOD Posts: 894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im surprised salt n pepa sold that many albums
    clairvoyance
  • Stomp JohnsonStomp Johnson Ya man's a wimp, I give that ass a good thrashin'. Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuck yo lank B.
    N YO HOODgnsrip.dilla
  • saracenwiresaracenwire Posts: 320 ✭✭✭
    Outkast, Biggie, and tupac all benefit from having double albums. You can cut those in half. It was written sold 2.6 in America, it sold 4.1 total worldwide.
  • MrCrookedLetterMrCrookedLetter Hey young world, I'm the new Slick Rick Posts: 16,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy how a lot of the artists on the list won't even go gold now
    DarthRozayrooster_cogburnidoitforhiphop10StoneColdMikey
  • internationalinternational Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outkast, Biggie, and tupac all benefit from having double albums. You can cut those in half. It was written sold 2.6 in America, it sold 4.1 total worldwide.

Wu tang also had double albums, many other artists had double albums, but they ain't get the same results as PAC...
    gman82
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 11,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just goes to show Jay ain't a true heavyweight icon. He can have all the #1 albums he wants but until he gets bold enough to drop on the same day as Eminem or Wayne, let alone artists like Adele, Taylor Swift, and Lady Gaga I will always consider the stats he lists as lacking context.
    Disciplined InSightrooster_cogburnidoitforhiphop10Lurker6dalyricalbandit
  • JDSTAYWITIT.JDSTAYWITIT. .........Call Me On Shiniqua's Phone #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCPosts: 11,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanilla Ice has two albums in the top 15...
    lamontbdc
    Recovery did 4.3 mill in the 2010's b. Is BP3 even at 2 mill yet????
  • JDSTAYWITIT.JDSTAYWITIT. .........Call Me On Shiniqua's Phone #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCPosts: 11,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually it's just 1 ...thank god!
  • OGClarenceBoddickerOGClarenceBoddicker 5 Star Stunna/The Most Offensive Poster In Hell/Inhale NiggaPosts: 4,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phlegminhim owns you niggers
    N YO HOODsoulbrother
  • _Menace__Menace_ 4 MOD West.Side.CaliforniaPosts: 25,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AEOM gotta be more than 9mill by now they haven't counted the sales since 98. I seen somewhere it said 14mill.

Not shocked EMs whole discography is on this list expect his debut shit went double wood
    lion_heartgman82
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Recovery did 4.3 mill in the 2010's b. Is BP3 even at 2 mill yet????

Yea, Jay has never did numbers like that. I give him props tho, for faking it till he made it, in the sense of making the general audience believe that he was bigger than what he actually was...his made a career of that. Even managed to convince most that RD was a classic, and of the same stature and impact to the game as was illmatic.

A hustler he is, and he's never denied it.

My exact sentiments.
  • bignormbignorm Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speakerboxx/love below actually sold half that.
    Its a double cd, so 1 purchase counts as two albums.
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 21,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    either way nas lost
    dwade206rooster_cogburnCJB_ACainNah Sonking hassanStoneColdMikeydalyricalbanditsoulbrotherUndergroundraplegend