Jay-Z is on some Uncle Tom sh*t

white715white715 Posts: 7,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
I can no longer rock wit Jay anymore as a proud Black man I can't support this dude anymore. I used to laugh at the whole Euro Jay thing but it's the truth this dude in the last few years has moved further and further away from a black/soulful sound and more towards a European/pop/white sound and it's even reflected in the imagery of his music.

magna-carta-holy-grail-review-3.jpg

Jay seems obsessed with white artists like Johnny Cash, Frank Sinatra, and Kurt Cobain, even going as far to say that Kurt Cobain shut down Hip-Hop in 1991, and he continued this trend on MCHG. When Jay did get around to mentioning a black entertainer on "Nickles and Dimes" it was in a disrespectful manner.

"I'm just tryna find common ground
'fore Mr. Belafonte come chop a nigga down
Mr. Day O major fail
respect these youngins Boy, it's my time now"

This dude actually called Harry Belafonte "Boy" a man that dedicated his life to fight for the rights and freedoms of Black people even risked his life as others in the movement were being murdered and lynched he still marched and spoke out and continues to do so now, you call him Boy?

And the worse part of the album is this dude allowing Frank Ocean to sing "I hope my black skin don't dirt this white tuxedo" that shit is disgusting, that is some Clarence Thomas, Allen West level cooning.

I'm done with this Oreo cookie nigga.
T. Sanfordjoeyfkncrakkdwade206iKingGodGivBiz$ineedmoney$rip.dillaAggyAFValentinez A. KaiserIgot5onitpurpngoldxxCivicxxUndefeatablevslykeDarthRozaybambu#1hiphopjunki3aneed123NothingButTheTruthDisciplined InSightHyenaKillaOGClarenceBoddickerSerious Juice MayneCJDR. JEKpoindexter2CP203andre_1024texasdaking88nycdieselblackgod813KINGEC32DaysOfInfinitiJungzgman82nohiphop1loch121FyHunnitBroddieJDSTAYWITIT._Goldie_Solitary SoldierMR.CJBodhiCopper700bignormalibabaSneakDZATayJoneNoCanadiansEH?Well Got DamWild Selfbuttuh_bgnsverbal jukeKaiblu197Chicity7figzMister B.Lebong JamesTHIRDSUPREMEking hassan

Replies

• joeyfkncrakkjoeyfkncrakk Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Does seem like Jay is tryna do some kinda distancing and I'm HOV's biggest fan I know.... The basquiat and weird shyt done took him over... U notice in his videos he's talking with his hands mad crazy, I think that's what white people do lol... Album still got some cuts for me tho
  • 5th Letter5th Letter AKA 5th Element Posts: 27,609 Regulator
    You can't base all that on just music though.
    StoneColdMikey
  • NoCompetitionNoCompetition Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I admit i dont be studyin these dudes like that. Long as i like the song when i hear it, thats all i care about. I just know he has the many business ventures. He hasnt had any real issues to damage his rep really. Average person perspective of just liking what they like music wise and goin bout their day.
    kanggoodiebuttuh_b
  • white715white715 Posts: 7,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamaica wrote: »
    You can't base all that on just music though.

It's not just based off of music he had interviews talking bout Kobain and saying that rap is not "Black" music
  • Batman.Batman. Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should stop paying these niggas so much. They should have never gave these niggas money, that's how this shit started.
    illedout
  • Batman.Batman. Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally as a grown man who dont really care too much, dudes got a lotta positive traits. Husband, father (without a bunch of babymamas), entrepreneur(legally). role model for success. He's the opposite of what they try to show black dudes are. Positive people appreciate positivity.

• illedoutilledout Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Batman. wrote: »
    They should stop paying these niggas so much. They should have never gave these niggas money, that's how this shit started.

They aint just give niggaz shit,
    and if they did give niggaz everything
    then I think they need to give niggaz more..
  • Mister B.Mister B. The IC'sTeacher...learn some shit! Posts: 10,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thing is, this has become a common complaint against Jay for some time now....I'd say since he "unretired" himself. At this point, if you don't like the guy, just turn off the music (I have for the most part), cause as of now, he's on Jordan status: which is when the whole world knows you really don't care about the people who worship you, but they follow and swear by you so hard, it doesn't matter what you do.
    rip.dilla
  • rip.dillarip.dilla 天道様 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T/S you've got a fight on your hands going against Jigga's strong army on here ..

Good luck!
    white715Valentinez A. Kaiserachewon87esco sopranonj2089buttuh_b
  • iKingGodGivBiziKingGodGivBiz Batman With Prep Time Posts: 19,462 Regulator
    Its funny when a thorough intelligent thread like this is made, none of the posters who I see calling other coons or that insinuate that other posters "like the white mans ice better aka slave mentality" even show up to support the thread starter. The math doesn't add up.

I guess we live in a world where blacks just hate other blacks no matter what which is even sadder than this jigga shuck and jiving while having a coon picnic.

But hey at least he supports BET events... oh wait...
    rip.dillaDR. JEKWhoisDonG???
  • white715white715 Posts: 7,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    His Verse on Heaven where his Opening Bars are a play on the 12 Jewels of Islam in the 5% Lessons.... Let me know he's not that Far removed....

You know what you right about that I'll give it up to him on that but those type of lyrics are few and far between in his body of work

The arguement can be made that Jay throws in lines like that to placate his critics tho but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one
    UPTOWN
  • $ineedmoney$$ineedmoney$ The bushes is watchin'... Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally as a grown man who dont really care too much, dudes got a lotta positive traits. Husband, father (without a bunch of babymamas), entrepreneur(legally). role model for success. He's the opposite of what they try to show black dudes are. Positive people appreciate positivity.

Hol' up.

*insert big ear kid pic that Euro Jay keeps under wraps*
    rip.dillaxxCivicxxonetoughmiracle