What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Wale Talks Jay-Z, Nas & Kanye Comparisons With Himself, J. Cole & Kendrick Lamar, Speaks On Lil Snup

RickyRichRickyRich Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
Wale draws comparisons between himself, J. Cole and Kendrick Lamar to Jay-Z, Nas and Kanye West, as well speaks on the murder of Lil Snupe.

Wale was praised by Jay-Z yesterday during his Breakfast Club Interview, when Hov named Wale as a rapper who would still be around in ten years from now. Wale seems to be of a similar opinion as Jay, whose label Roc Nation manages Wale. In an interview with Baltimore, Maryland's 92Q radio station Wale discusses comparions to Jay-Z and Nas, as well as how J. Cole and Kendrick Lamar (who were also named by Jay-Z) also compare to the two greats.

A photo recently circulated the web showing Wale, J. Cole and Kendrick Lamar juxtaposed on top of a photo of Jay-Z, Nas and Kanye West (see it in the gallery above). Wale explained in his interview how this photo came about, when the three younger rappers were all partying together in San Franciso. Wale said he made and released the photo, saying it's true that they want to be as great Jay, 'Ye and Nas.

Although he says each three rappers don't exactly align with another, he nonetheless hypothesized on which young rapper would be the Jay-Z, Nas and Kanye.

"Well, I sold the least records out of the three, so whoever sold the least records out of Jay-Z, Kanye...so Nas. I'll be where Nas was. Cole about to do some crazy...Cole did crazy numbers. He'll probably go with Jay, and Kendrick would go with Kanye," Wale explained.

Wale also spoke on the loss of Lil Snupe, who was signed to his fellow MMG rapper, Meek Mill's label. Wale details the day he found out about the death, saying he just couldn't believe it.

"I couldn't really wrap my head around it. I didn't even know how to text Meek or.. I did, but I'm still stuck about it," Wale said. "They got an eighteen-year-old kid..'cause some old dude was in his feelings about a video game or something crazy like that."

Wale continued to lament the loss of Snupe, "Meek had so much in store for him. That just goes to show when you have an opportunity to lead the hood, ain't no keep it real, whatchu mean keep it real, keep it alive, keep it safe. You in the hood you got jewlery gone, everybody think you got more than you got." "It's real out here, people starvin', people jealous."

The Real 2013 Reason Thread Creator of The Year!
2014 Reason Thread Creator of The Year !
2015 Reason Thread Creator of The year!

Replies

• lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UPosts: 18,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    is that Wale with some actual humility
    KingFreemanFyHunnitNoCanadiansEH
  • A1000MILESA1000MILES Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He been on his humble shit for a while...Far as interviews go...
    Peep my latest project...Practice Makes Profit 2...Free Stream/Download...

http://johnwade.bandcamp.com/
  • Sweat jonesSweat jones Posts: 640 ✭✭✭
    These news rappers getting sonned lol

Like they dicksuckers

Fuck jayz and nas

U meant to be the new niggers

They soft dick sucking uncle toms
    Top Five Producers:
    1.Dilla
    2.Alchemist
    3.RZA
    4.Kanye
    5.Black Milk

Top Five Rappers
    1.Nas
    2.BIG
    3.Jay
    4.Prodigy (Infamous - H.N.I.C.)
    5.(Tie) Royce/Elhzi
  • Sweat jonesSweat jones Posts: 640 ✭✭✭
    I wud even want jay on a single

Prob fuck it up

Prob? Definately
    Top Five Producers:
    1.Dilla
    2.Alchemist
    3.RZA
    4.Kanye
    5.Black Milk

Top Five Rappers
    1.Nas
    2.BIG
    3.Jay
    4.Prodigy (Infamous - H.N.I.C.)
    5.(Tie) Royce/Elhzi
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wale, just shut up duke.
    BUTTUH B - 2013 REASON DEBATES VI CHAMPION

Lakers, Eagles, Mets, Capitals, Buckeyes (CFB), Bruins, (CBB), War Rigondeaux, War Crawford!
    #VegasLight #SwagShow #PopeyesHive
  • dollarandadreamdollarandadream Posts: 236
    Stop the comparisons
    clairvoyance
  • mc317mc317 Chief Of Goddamn Station Dark Side of The MoonPosts: 5,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuck wale and lotus flowers
    Cold Sardines Cold Sardines fuck em and feed em Cold Sardines
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's all fine and all but where is the Illmatic, Reasonable Doubt, and College Dropouts at?

It's on thing to say you're this generation version of them, but where is the product?

PS Minus K Dot, he held his part up.
    banksy-gifs-graffiti.gif
    I believe in L.O.V.E.......Lots Of Vagina Ev[/b]eryday.
    nex ginverbal juke
  • lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UPosts: 18,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea these niggas do need to slow down bringing up the GOATS names and just do them...shit will come in time if the music is up to par
  • nex ginnex gin Keep It Simple Stupid Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    That's all fine and all but where is the Illmatic, Reasonable Doubt, and College Dropouts at?

It's on thing to say you're this generation version of them, but where is the product?

PS Minus K Dot, he held his part up.

The person who controls your anger controls you.

The conventional mind is passive. It consumes information and
    regurgitates it in familiar forms. The dimensional mind is active
    transforming everything it digests into something new & original,
    creating instead of consuming.

Excuses don't solve problems.

Life is a series of serious choices
    Theories are formed from experience, never mysterious forces