Dr. Boyce Watkins calls out Nas for Jeremih Wright lyrics

soul rattlersoul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval CommandHOOYAHPosts: 13,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
NAS PLEASE: NO MORE COONIN

I respect Nas. I loved his song, “The Ether”. I consider Nas to be one of the most talented rappers in America. I backed his joint against Fox News, and I stand by much of what he’s doing. Here is where I have to draw some lines:

1) If you want to be a black leader, stop trying to kill off the black leaders who came before you. This is not a damn mafia movie, where you have to whack out the heads of the family to get your throne. Just do your thing. Getting your position in black leadership does not mean you have to attack Jesse Jackson in the process.

2) That thing about calling Jeremiah Wright a coon? That was, to be honest, the cooning-est thing I’ve ever heard you say. Dr. Wright was fighting for black people before your black ass was even an embryo. Dawg, that’s uncalled for. Wright didn’t come after you, he didn’t attack you, he didn’t say jack to you. So, your comments about Wright were simply out of control. To be more specific, here is what you said:

“That’s street corner shit. That’s that nigger shit, just on a higher level. That’s just a dumb-ass nigga. With all the degrees and intelligence he has, he throws all that out the window when he starts cooning. Reverend Wright is the biggest coon of the 21st century so far, and that’s just what it is. And I don’t give a fuck who he’s down with, where he studied at, he’s a great fucking coon.”

I’m done with this. I’ll support you Nas, and I respect you on many levels. But you have to pull the plug on all these strange publicity stunts. Attacking Jeremiah Wright, a man who has shown a lot more courage in his life than most brothers in the rap game, is just too much.
blackgod813Tommy bilfiger9TRAYSwiffness!NothingButTheTruthohhhlaBlack_SamsonReppinTimeDisciplined InSightRichPorterOfTheICTHIRDSUPREMEilledout

Replies

• dakidfrankiedakidfrankie Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr. Boyce Watkins always got something to say...
    soul rattlerBlack_SamsonRichPorterOfTheIC
  • MarcusGarveyMarcusGarvey Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny cuz jeremy wright sermon the Sunday after 9/11 was prescient. Basically preaching that Americans will want revenge and smash the other sides babies against a stone. And America wasted 12 years of lives and money chasing some man living in a military suburb.
  • Mister B.Mister B. The IC'sTeacher...learn some shit! Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see what you're up to, @soulrattler. And it won't work.

Save that righteous indignation for the rest of the Jigga Warrior Coalition.
    9TRAYDisciplined InSightrip.dilla
  • MarcusGarveyMarcusGarvey Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With that said there was a point where Rev Wright really seemed like he was trying to sabotage BHO even after the dude made his race speech defending Rev Wright
    vslyke
  • Tommy bilfigerTommy bilfiger Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all buy the shit caught up in the hype/Cuz a nigga wear a kufi It don't mean that he bright

Cuz you don't understand him it don't mean that he nice/It means you don't understand all the bullshit that he writes

Jigga clapped nas with those bars 10 + years ago.Nas is an idiot who needs to write raps and keep his coon opinion out blacc issues
    blackgod813NoCanadiansEH?Disciplined InSightrip.dillaLab Babynillerthekiddwade206alibabaonetoughmiracleAjackson17illedout
  • Swiffness!Swiffness! Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cobbland wrote: »
    You have to dig up something he said about Nas in 2008, because of what he said about Jay 2 days ago?

THIS

everyone including his parishioners thought Wright was trippin at the end anyway. There was even a bish that posted on the IC that went to his church and said he was losin his damn mind
  • soul rattlersoul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHPosts: 13,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell me, how is Nas going to call anyone the biggest coon of the 21st Century when he tried to stage a lynching at a rap concert? Niggas in here trying to deflect to a completely unrelated thread because their savior got lampooned for foolish behavior.

Jeremiah Wright lived through the era where the word "coon" was extremely hurtful, and Nas just wants to throw the word around all willy nilly just to get some attention. Niggas got agendas and uoeno.
    ohhhlarip.dillanillerthekiddwade206SnuffDaddyTommy bilfigerJDSTAYWITIT.MR.CJblackgod813illedoutqawshun
  • GhostdenithegawdGhostdenithegawd Posts: 6,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell me, how is Nas going to call anyone the biggest coon of the 21st Century when he tried to stage a lynching at a rap concert? Niggas in here trying to deflect to a completely unrelated thread because their savior got lampooned for foolish behavior.

Jeremiah Wright lived through the era where the word "coon" was extremely hurtful, and Nas just wants to throw the word around all willy nilly just to get some attention. Niggas got agendas and uoeno.

You really going full reverse tomp this shit is going to be hilarious you want to conjure up these niglets feelings does the reason really need another bad guy
    CJ
  • ohhhlaohhhla Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nas stans in full force.

I like the guy as a Hip Hop Artist and nothing else.
    soul rattlerTommy bilfigerJDSTAYWITIT.
  • texasdaking88texasdaking88 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does Boyce Walkins have an album coming out? Cuz if not, i dont give a fuck about what he has to say about "the hip-hop"
    ohhhlasoul rattlerilledout
  • ohhhlaohhhla Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all buy the shit caught up in the hype/Cuz a nigga wear a kufi It don't mean that he bright

Cuz you don't understand him it don't mean that he nice/It means you don't understand all the bullshit that he writes

Jigga clapped nas with those bars 10 + years ago.Nas is an idiot who needs to write raps and keep his coon opinion out blacc issues

He's a negro he can say whatever the fuck he wants.

That's like saying since you don't have an popular Hip Hop opinion.

You shouldn't be able to say anything.
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 17,808 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before I comment ima need a link to the article and the song Nas called Dr. Wright a coon in.

I think Wright is righteous, but I don't know a helluva lot about him to co-sign everything he says. I do co-sign the sermon that the white media played over and over again when they tried to vilify Obama in '08 though.
    Ajackson17
  • waterproofwaterproof Conqueror of Self On The Road to ZionPosts: 9,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like Obama, I'm gonna back my Reverend
    Ajackson17
  • JDSTAYWITIT.JDSTAYWITIT. .........Call Me On Shiniqua's Phone #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCPosts: 11,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at these Nastialites go ...... Told y'all about these devout believing ass niggas .... you can't tell them no truth ... I been saying it time n time again
    rip.dillajononillerthekidCJsoul rattler
  • CoolJoeCoolJoe Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Rev. Jeremiah Wright:“That’s street corner shit. That’s that nigger shit, just on a higher level. That’s just a dumb-ass nigga. With all the degrees and intelligence he has, he throws all that out the window when he starts cooning. Reverend Wright is the biggest coon of the 21st century so far, and that’s just what it is. And I don’t give a fuck who he’s down with, where he studied at, he’s a great fucking coon.”

Read more: http://globalgrind.com/music/nas-rants-about-rev-wright-and-n-word-yrb#ixzz2ZVdCahtt

jono