What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

women who love hip-hop

Replies

• Wu-TangWu-Tang Posts: 69 ✭✭
    You come in a thread about women who love hiphop and then proceed to talk about how women don't know the difference between looks and lyrical skill.

Read through the thread. Look at the music dropped in here... Maybe that's how you choose your favorite artists but the women in here appear to have some form of understanding when it comes to music...
    I don't believe this should be turned into an argument based on the fact that you said state your opinion on hiphop today and I did. I also did not say all women I said generally or this is usually the case in point. I don't see where I said women don't know the difference between looks and lyrical skill, but I did say it seems to me they favor one over the other.
    For instance I cannot fathom how someone can tell me Jeezy is more lyrical than Gucci. I believe you posted that you listened to Jeezy or you were listening to a song by him. I would really like to discuss with you his most lyrical bar or bars if you know of any.
    BrideofKilla
  • BrideofKillaBrideofKilla I'm no hero... I put my bra on one boob at a time just like everyone else. THC= The Healing ComponentPosts: 4,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgive you, lol.

Anyways, I like jeezy and Gucci though neither are completely lyrically inclined. Jeezy makes great hustle music and Gucci makes good party music. But I think it also depends on what your expectations are from these types of artist. Now I can say that jeezy's music is more relatable and I think he has a better delivery. His albums have cohesiveness and I can tell he considers his collabos carefully.

Gucci is sometimes all over the place... His music is a little too heavily drug influenced for my tastes.. Not the content, I mean the delivery... And he introduced us to two of the weakest rappers alive, waka and oj...I like Gucci but I can't forgive him for that... Swing my door is and will always be my shit though...
    BelovedAfeniking hassanYoung Stef
  • CSOPQCSOPQ Posts: 230 ✭✭
    women that love hip hop are the best. my old lady and myself have seen epmd, bronson,slaughterhouse and many others. seeing her scream yaowa or cob or whatever at the top of her lungs is dope. i fall in love again everytime when i hear her reciting slick rick or whoever lyrics and she doesn't think i'm listening
    BrideofKillacantstopthefreshYoung Stefking hassan
  • annpeter26annpeter26 Posts: 5
    I love how hip hop girls dress :)
    BrideofKillaYoung Stef
  • kittykat89kittykat89 Posts: 60 ✭✭
    I like old school hip hop just from growing up w my older brother listening to Biggie, Beastie boys and tupac, now adays jay z is my fix what a great performance live..sort of mainstream I know but if anyone has suggestions I'm wide open!
    spring skies in the village are amazing ***my pic***
    BrideofKilla
  • TupacfanTupacfan Posts: 2,403 Regulator
    I love love love hip hop!!

I haven't been around these ways lately. I know underground hip hop is where its at right now :)
    BrideofKilla
  • BrideofKillaBrideofKilla I'm no hero... I put my bra on one boob at a time just like everyone else. THC= The Healing ComponentPosts: 4,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tupacfan wrote: »
    I love love love hip hop!!

I haven't been around these ways lately. I know underground hip hop is where its at right now :)

Any particular artists you're feeling right now?
  • TupacfanTupacfan Posts: 2,403 Regulator
    Joe Blow, Philthy Rich, Apollo Brown, The Left, The Jacka...
    BrideofKillaJDSTAYWITITatribecalledgabi
  • 9TRAY9TRAY EverywherePosts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There ain't a Woman on this Site who Loves Hip-Hop. Not a Single, one
    tumblr_oomercbcDW1t1k6p7o1_500.gif

tumblr_omf0ouQQmH1t1k6p7o1_500.gif
    BrideofKillaYoung Stef
  • OmegaConflictOmegaConflict Posts: 37,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kat are you in here!? Where are you bitch!
    f3a9c980b5d86bd26961db9af845ccd9.jpg
  • OmegaConflictOmegaConflict Posts: 37,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kittykat89 wrote: »
    I like old school hip hop just from growing up w my older brother listening to Biggie, Beastie boys and tupac, now adays jay z is my fix what a great performance live..sort of mainstream I know but if anyone has suggestions I'm wide open!

Clue #1
    f3a9c980b5d86bd26961db9af845ccd9.jpg
  • Terry SkyWalkerTerry SkyWalker Posts: 2
    edited September 2015
  • atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi Posts: 12,461 Regulator
    That's Gabi and she's real as fuck, lol

Me and her battled once, it was dope.
    @tha_bride22 I'm up for a rematch whenever you are lady ;)
    BrideofKilla

Sounds good but we're gonna have to set some parameters this time! Lol you and kgb barred me to death last time and I thought we were just doing a hot sixteen.
    atribecalledgabi

Sounds good but we're gonna have to set some parameters this time! Lol you and kgb barred me to death last time and I thought we were just doing a hot sixteen.

Well i said 1 round unlimited. I didn't know you were battling biz the same time i woulda changed the date if i did. I'll let you set up the format next time
    BrideofKilla

Well i said 1 round unlimited. I didn't know you were battling biz the same time i woulda changed the date if i did. I'll let you set up the format next time

He asked me for a rematch, guess he had something to say. I still never read his full battle with me, lol.

One round unlimited is fine with me. I just need some time to prepare
    atribecalledgabi

He asked me for a rematch, guess he had something to say. I still never read his full battle with me, lol.

i wanted to do something for the summer madness event. it's the 26th i think. we could do it then or we could wait til the first battle comes out which will be a couple weeks-month after that.
    BrideofKilla
  • silverfoxxsilverfoxx Posts: 10,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Was in the library yesterday and this chick was blasting some College Drop out, Late registration, and Blueprint. I almost fell in love but then i had to catch myself. Man i should have got her number smh. Later that night some chicks invited me over by their place and they were mentioning that Young Thug is their favorite rapper. Once i told them i listen to Chet Baker, Toro y Moi, Sun Ra, Currensy, Dom Kennedy, Tokimonsta, etc they looked puzzled. I did so intentionally. lol

Women would good music taste maybe my biggest weakness right now currently. I swear i havent been in a relationship but i would if a female can keep up with my music taste.
    BrideofKillaatribecalledgabiYoung Stef
  • nawledge_godnawledge_god DJ Kat Show shirt wearin' ass nigga Chiraq RefugeePosts: 5,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every Time I See That Album Cover For Summer Knights I Think To Myself "I Hope That Ain't 2 Dudes Taking That Night Swim"

i wanted to do something for the summer madness event. it's the 26th i think. we could do it then or we could wait til the first battle comes out which will be a couple weeks-month after that.

26th sounds good, let's do it!!
    atribecalledgabiMissK

26th sounds good, let's do it!!

Come through the battle rap thread and make it official. We making another classic!!!!

Here's to outbarring these niggas
    *raises glass*
    MissKBrideofKilla
  • MissKMissK #Lurkerlivesmatter FuckyouIcontribute Behind a DeskPosts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Bride!

The unsung on YoYo (TV One) got me going waaaay back lol. Good to see her again, didn't know she had a school going on yoyoschoolofhiphop.com/index.html

"Sometimes people don't notice the things we do for them until we stop doing them"
    MissK wrote: »
    Hey Bride!

The unsung on YoYo (TV One) got me going waaaay back lol. Good to see her again, didn't know she had a school going on yoyoschoolofhiphop.com/index.html

Just checked the website, that's pretty dope! Yoyo is out here doing big things, I see..

Thanks for the classic drop, @missk :)
    MissK
    @gabi, I'm on my way there now!
    atribecalledgabi